RhyDin Times-Reporter 4th Edition

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

RhyDin Times-Reporter 4th Edition

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 6:06 pm

Date: 9/24/2000 2:52 PM Central Daylight Time

The RhyDin Times-Reporter "The Voice of the Inner Worlds " Volume One Edition Four

Publisher: Garon Fondor
Editor: Sylyim Fondor
Editorials Garumph Fondor
Secretary/Treasurer Lili Fondor
Socials Evan Fondor

Reporter: Eli Grady

News from the: DUEL OF MAGIC

On September 21st of the Eastern Calendar the Grand Magi of Twilight Island summoned the Questors and the curious to witness the dawn of a new era. The Island, speaking through him voiced it's decision as to which of the contenders in the Quest were to become Keepers of Twilight Island.

The denizens of the Island selected for this signal honor have been invested with powers over the element they represent.

Blue (LadyBlueSpyral) controls the element of Water
Irus (Irus of Masaca) controls the element of Air
Syous (SyousMyst) controls the element of Fire
Xerzes (Xerzes M) controls the element of Earth

Each of the honored has been granted residence in a tower on the island that is representative of their element.

Melgarth has been delegated the Keeper of Quintessence dwelling in the Citadel of Stars which rests above the Towers of the Elements. His powers are of a different order as the stars are different from the planets.

The Island is not desirous of a static environment and has established a system of challenges that will serve to Keepers on their toes if they wish to retain their title.

Visit the cork boards in the Duel of Magic for further details and the challenge system details.

This turn of the events is unusual and unprecedented as the Island itself is publicly acting on it's own behalf. We truly live in exciting times.

News from the DUEL OF SWORDS

Upon invitation, this reporter observed the Challenge battle of Leo de Lorenzo, Baron of the 5th against a Warlord that this reporter was unable to determine the real name of. This evening the Warlord fought as "The Blind Proxy" (In Remains). He spoke not a word throughout the match, allowing his weapon to talk for him.

The duel itself was actually quite dull. "The Blind Proxy" had little difficulty in disposing of the lethargic and distracted Baron. When it was over a new Baron of the Fifth received the ring. Officially, "The Blind Proxy" is now the Baron of the Fifth.

In other news from the DoS, the new Overlord has banished all Loyals to the status of Renegade. This has produced a flurry of notes, claims, and counterclaims on the boards but in the end the Overlord has carried the day. The why of all this is a matter of speculation in the Editorial column.

News from the DUEL OF FISTS

This reporter visited the DoF several times and observed some interesting fights but none approaching the newsworthy status. I will continue my visits and hope to find a story of merit.

RhyDin Wrap-up ~~~~~~~ Gort Fener - RCN contributor

The Watch is currently looking for a large, silver-tip ursine creature responsible for the destruction of the Tipped Wagon Inn over the matter of a tab, and unfortunate remarks issued by the now deceased owner of said Inn. If any citizen sees this creature, do not attempt to apprehend, but notify the watch. There is a 50 Silvers reward offered by the widow for the creatures pelt.

RhyDin Public Works will be laying a new central drainage canal adjacent to Carter's Way and the Grain yards. This state of the art canal will serve to move the less savory products of civilization speedily away from the city.

RhyDin Tax Authority reminds all taxpayers that the Collection squads headed up by members of the Troll Family StonHard will be visiting delinquent taxpayers and offering them incentives to pay their taxes on the spot.

RhyDin City Engineering firmly denies reports that the new structures erected in the DoM are in any way responsible for the collapse of the stockyard bridge. Investigation revealed that a band of hill-dwarfs, not accustomed to city structures had removed the northern supports to create a dwelling place. A unseasonable flood was sufficient to collapse the bridge. Investigation by the City Council representatives
is continuing.

EDITORIALS ~~~~~~~ The editorial opinions expressed in this column are the opinion of the contributors and do not reflect paper policy, or endorsement for a particular course of action.

DAEGARTH MITHMELLON - MENACE OR STATESMAN?

POINT ~~ Garump Fondor ~~ The actions of the Overlord of the Duel of Swords are in my opinion the reprehensible actions of a power-mad megalomaniac unsuited for his position. The Overlords unwarranted and presumptuous behavior of banishing all the Loyals to the status of Renegade can only serve to continue the process of intercine warfare now threatening to destroy the DoS. This man must be overthrown.

COUNTERPOINT ~~ Sylyim Fondor ~~ The Overlord recent actions are the brilliant stroke of a first-class statesman. His bold actions are sure to revitalize and provide greater opportunity for all those in the DoS who strive for advancement. Indeed, by making the Loyals all become Renegades he can now sit back and view the Barons dispassionately under stress. I applaud his actions.

CLASSIFIEDS -

****HELP WANTED****

Looking for 40 strong men and women of stout disposition to unload cargo ships in Plain of Existence 7. Contact Ayal of Ayal Brothers RhyDin port.

Needed. Drivers for 16-Beast teams transporting commercial items across the Flatlands. Good pay and benefits. A stout spear and shield provided by the company at modest cost. Contact AAA-Carters at City Central.

Needed. RhyDin Prison System is looking for apprentice information solicitors. Apply in person. Midnight shift Only - Good pay and benefits

***** SEEKING A POSITION *****

Cipher At Large looking for employment as triple-entry bookkeeper for an established firm. References available upon request. Contact BLT at box ER1

Swordsman looking for a suitable quest in the Southlands that will not involve the need for heavy clothing. Contact Eldrick at box FR1

Smith's Apprentice looking for work. Experienced and good at forging enchanted swords using the Silences technique.

Seamstress in need of steady work. Contact MissYvonne at box GR1

Balladeer looking for steady work evening hours only. Can not work when moon is full. Contact Hale at Box HR1

SEEKINGS.

Looking for love? Tired of the same old thing day after day? Come visit us at the Purple Pleasure Palace at 14 River Way, where the Customer is King.

I am 6'4, 250 pounds of North Territory warrior looking for his special poetess to soothe his troubled soul after an exhausting day of pillage and tax collection. If you can speak to the soul you may be the one for me. Dorad The Axe - Box VV1

For the maid who stole my heart and other valuables at the Delphin Square fountain I would like to see you again. I can always replace gold and silver, but love is irreplaceable. Nate - Box VV2

I Bruno the Magnificent am available for private parties as your very own chef. Well versed in all manner of cookery I will amaze your friends with my culinary talents. I am also available to serve as a warm, fuzzy-headed teddy bear type with a heart of gold. Reasonable rates. Box VV3

ADVICE TO THE LOVEWORN by Mercy Hart

Dear Mercy, My boyfriend is a vampire and he says he loves me but wont come to the beach with me and my friends. I love him a lot, but a girl needs her tan and her beau....Prissy

Dear Prissy, Why not invest in one of those new Dragon Tanning slabs? You can tan any time of the day or night in the comfort of your own home. As for the vamp boyfriend if he is Mr. RIght then have him witness the sunrise at Mount Doom with you. If he truly loves you he will

Dear Mercy, My Girlfriend has this annoying habit of falling asleep as I read to her from my many volumes of poetry that I have written. What should I do? ..... Egads Pronce

Dear Egads, Get a new girlfriend. This one obviously does not appreciate your talent.