Iron Fist, any takers?

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Iron Fist, any takers?

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:49 pm

Date: 3/6/2001 12:18 AM Central Daylight Time

To anyone who's interested:

I overheard a conversation on how to bring people to the Outback, and among suggestions of free stuff and an all out brawl on ice, I came up with a suggestion of a tournament to find the man (or woman) with the Iron Fist on the Outback. And thus, a Steel Cage tournament is what I have proposed.
The objective of this match is not just to beat the living snot out of your advesary, but then to climb out of the cage in one piece after you do it. It's mayhem to the thirteenth power! A tournament of such proportions and hype would bring all sorts of curious and tough men and women people to the Outback, just like it was in it's former glory.
Everything is going for this idea except for one thing... you. I've got the stuff ready to fit a cage around the standard ring, I've got the not from the Commish, all that we need now is a few brave men and women who'd like to prove that they have the Iron Fist of the Outback. So if you think you'e tough enough, or if you'd like to see this type of senseless mayhem, add your name and any comments to the pad provided below, and let the guys at the
front office know that you want the Steel Cage tournament to find the Iron Fist of the Duel of Fists!

Sumgi Viotani
~mentally unstable dueler of the DoF

::below is a huge pad of paper for any possible replies::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Iron Fist, any takers?

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:50 pm

Date: 3/6/2001 2:42 PM Central Daylight Time

I like this idea!! I will be there.

Face
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:51 pm

Date: 3/7/2001 12:27 AM Central Daylight Time

sounds pretty cool

-Jered

::an almost illegible not is scribbled bolow::

I have the iron fist!!!!!!!!!
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:53 pm

Date: 3/8/2001 2:28 AM Central Daylight Time

::The warrior reads the missive, rereads it, and tilts his head, murmuring under his breath:: I have some sort of trophy like that. Iron Fist. ::adding, as an afterthought:: Only nothing about steel cages was involved. ::One more time, he reads over the note, and decides to wait about writing his intent. Waiting more for a tentative time and date setting, and also to
see what kind of response this idea gets.::
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:53 pm

Date: 3/8/2001 4:39 PM Central Daylight Time

Hey, sounds fun

::writes his name up::

~Tim
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:54 pm

Date: 3/8/2001 5:01 PM Central Daylight Time

So, does the Iron Fist event have a format? Is it a free-for-all like the MegaBrawl? Or is a single-elimination tourney? Double-elim? Round-robin?

What are the rules? To how many points?

Who's going to referee it? How many will be allowed to enter?

Jake

((This could/should probably be answered in the OOC debate board, so that the specifics of the use of Mods, etc. can be detailed, but in any case, more information is really needed about what you have in mind for this tournament.))
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:55 pm

Date: 3/8/2001 5:33 PM Central Daylight Time

To all who are wondering,

Thanks to those few who are supporting this idea thus far. And to answer Jake's question, nothing is currently planned for this. This is a petition to the Commish's office to endorse and assist me in making such a tournament. This is by no means an announcement that such a tourney will happen. If there's enough support, it may convince them that the Cage tourney is a good bet, and it may become a reality. As for how this will be run, I'd
like this to be an eight-person single elimination tourney, a free-for-all would be too crazy, and that format is reserved for the Mega-Brawl. Now to the rules. There aren't any! Just get out of the cage beofre you opponent can, which is why it'd be a good idea to incapacitate your opponent first, then start climing out.
I hope this answers any questions anyone might have. If there are more questions, post away.

Sumgi
~mentally unstable as usual
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:56 pm

Date: 3/9/2001 6:54 AM Central Daylight Time

I'm in.

Xerzes Maureen
DoF Archive
Archivist

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:57 pm

Date: 3/10/2001 3:20 PM Central Daylight Time

I'd potentially be looking to enter, but I'll have to wait and see more things. Other than that, consider me a good bet to enter now..

Okizeme= Wake up. It's time to die!

~Daelin Dragonsblade

~Current Baron of the First

~Defender of the Blue Opal, IceDancer
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: any takers?

Post by DoF Archive » Sun May 16, 2004 10:58 pm

Date: 3/22/2001 2:46 PM Central Daylight Time

Kewl!

fyi, some of us are proactively seeking new forms of duels -- both variations on existing matrices and entirely new ones.

If anyone else has ideas, please leave a note in the mailbox at my lair, or tack up another note on this corkboard. :)

-- The Ogre
(OOC aka:)
J. Franklin Mentzer
ACI Team Leader - People Games