It's about that time again...

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

It's about that time again...

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 2:34 pm

Date: 5/10/2002 9:47 PM Central Daylight Time

Greetings again from the top of the heap, it's your friendly neighborhood Smash'n'Bash Tyrant... Tareth, Opal Holder Extrordinairre!

Magnus came, Magnus went, I still have MoonBeryl.

It's about that time again. Yes, time for the patented....

Tareth Challenge™

I have an opal. I don't think any of you are capable of taking it from me. Magnus opened up the can of whoopass, now it's time for the rest of you to suck it up.

I will not be taking advantage of the 30-day grace period normally allotted a victorious opal defender. Anyone who thinks they've got what it'll take to wrest this opal from the God of Fight's mighty hand can come try. I'll be around for a little while longer.

This is on a first come, first beatdown basis, so bring it on.

With all the love and respect not due you all...

----------=Thorn=----------
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: It's about that time again...

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 2:35 pm

Date: 5/14/2002 11:40 AM Central Daylight Time

I think you will notice, Mr. Thorn, that when you show up with all of your swagger and all of your bravado, that one thing you do not have in your possession is the Opal.

As we both know, I am first in line, which is fitting, considering the peasantry who has also challenged you. But even should you win, you will not retrieve Moonberyl from my possession..unless you agree to a certain stipulation within our duel. Then, and only then, will I show up to the match with Moonberyl.

Keep in mind, my egotistical friend, that these are not stipulations that will handicap you. It is merely an experiment of mine, and one that I think you would rather enjoy. Without further ado, this is what I require:

The first match will not be confined to any particular ring. The Outback shall be it's ring. The duel begins upon first sight of one another. It ends wherever it may end.

The second match will take place upon Styx, with that added provision that the safety mats below are removed.

In the event of a third match, we will revert to the conditions of the first, with the added provision that the duel will only end when one competitor loses consciousness.

Given your nature, little boy, this should not be too hard of a burden for you to contemplate.

Now, as to the others behind me in que..let it be known that should I be victorious, I will assume the mantle of the so-named "Tareth Challenge". It will cotninue, just with a different defending Opal. Should I win, I wish to waive the 1 week grace period. In fact, Mr. D'Artanian, I believe you are next in line. So do show up on the night of our duel, because I will deal with you as soon as I finish with Tareth.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: It's about that time again...

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 2:36 pm

Date: 5/15/2002 10:28 PM Central Daylight Time

Bring it on, big boy. I know you're not eligible to actually hold the opal, but I'll fight you to get it back anyway. If I lose, I'll give it up to quest, then you can try and take it from all those other losers who can't beat me for it anyway.