Pathfinder Challenge. (Jinnaiya as Caller)

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Pathfinder Challenge. (Jinnaiya as Caller)

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 9:09 pm

Date: 9/15/2002 6:56 PM Central Daylight Time

Round 1.

I watched a challenge cause I thought Dustin and Tareth were trying to swipe stuff from the backroom. So I made them fight.

Or rather. They fought. I pretended like I was watching while instead I was checking out Pathfinder.

Off they went. And since you guys get Outback TV (same as satellite cable doncha know) you get the blow by blow, replay.

Dustin swept.. Tareth jabbed. The fight had begun. Dustin then tries jabbing, only to find Tareth had did some fancy footing (or dodge if you prefer) and slams back for the second point, keeping the lead 2-0.

Here is where Tareth loses his lead, jumpkicking Dustin who'd watched Tareth's footing from the previous round and repeats it himself.

Tareth, upset probably that his kungfu was no good, returns with a jab, and teaches Dustin not to sweep him. 3-1 Dustin, upset about being smacked again with the Whack a Dustin, decides to fancy leap, and gets smacked down again with a chop. 4-1 It was a nice attempt at making the sweep work, and in all reality he does make it work.. but Tareth's taking off with the first win regardless.

(continued..)
DoF Archive
Archivist

Round 2.

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 9:10 pm

Date: 9/15/2002 6:57 PM Central Daylight Time

Round 2.

Remember first round? Yeah. They began the same. Dustin sweeps right into the jab. Then they're.. well. Wasting time. Tareth gets down and dirty (fancy duck) and Dustin leaps away out of paranoia. So.. they keep going.

Tareth fights dirty the next round in Round 2 and converts an advantage to make a point by fancy legblocking while Dustin fancy legblocks. 2-0 Tareth. Course the boring duel continues as Tareth jumpkicks over Dusty's head as he sweeps.

This time it's Dustin that's throwing the punches and he gets a point. Notice how it's when he's 2 down that he's coming back with a point? (jab/sweep) 2-1 Tareth still. Now Dustin was getting his sweep jabbed again as the pair exchanged sides of the fight. 3-1

So, because they've been jabbed, they both take a moments respite and fancy dodge. Ballroom dancing at it's best. Dustin then takes my advice about not dancing and sweeps down the dirty fighter, Tareth for another point as he tries to set a fancy looking armblock.

Tareth plays his dirty fighting and feints a duck under Dustin's fancy leap and runs away with the advantage, however Dustin's just jabbing him down to make it 3 all when Tareth tries to sweep.

Tareth sets up a nice legblock, but gets jumpkicked down and Dustin takes the lead for the first time! Nice! 4-3 Dustin.

Of course, Dustin wants to do any move that'll get him a point, defenders of the opal should always get that move right? Well, he jabbed anyway and Tareth fancily dodged. Sudden Death, and you could Smell Dustin's nervousness. He was sweating enough for the 3 other adults in the room.

His sweat pays off because he slips in the big puddle of it and manages to get away from Tareth's jumpkick to Win!
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Round 2.

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 9:10 pm

Date: 9/15/2002 7:27 PM Central Daylight Time

Round 3.

Tareth starts out easy this time, tired of jabbing Dustin's poor head each round.. besides, we have a feeling that Dustin Did learn this time.. and what does he do but the infamous sweep. This time, he lucks out. 1-0 Dustomatic.

Tareth's doing his dirty fighting stuff again as he feints an armblock and Dustin gains an advantage, only to lose it as he jabs out and finds out he can fly thanks to the Tareth express. (flip) 1 all.

The guys then fancy leaps and fancy dodge their way into .. well.. advantages and that's it, so then Dustin plays the fighting dirty thing and ducks under Tareth's nice, but ill aimed jab. 2-1

Tareth stop, drops and makes Dustin and his fancy dodge roll. (Sweep) and it's 2 all now until Dustin fancy armblocks Tareth's jab making it 3-2, Dustin in the lead again.

As a cat that gets it's nose smacked too many times, Tareth's wary and taking the route of the fancy dodge, watching Dustin carefully and then watches him from the mat as Dustin sweeps. 4-2

The boys fancy dodge and fancy duck giving each an advantage which Dustin turns into a full point as he jabs while Tareth feint leaps.

Dustin succesfully defends his opal and Pathfinder stays. Good try Tareth!