Bad Things are about to Happen

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Bad Things are about to Happen

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 9:19 pm

Date: 9/27/2002 9:43 PM Central Daylight Time

As one can plainly see from the scarcely literate missive on this corkboard, my challenge to Tim Enralyte has been carried out, and I am now possessor of Firestar.

This is where I am traditionaly supposed to congratulate my opponent on a well-fought duel and a good tenure as Opal-holder, but whatever my other faults may be, I am an honest man, and thus I refuse to do so, as either statement would be an utter lie. I have
had prone and bound slaves recieving a disciplinary beating that have mustered more earnest resistance than Tim did, and I say that with nary a shred of exaggeration. As base and "modern" as the following pronouncement it is, I feel it is entirely apropro: Tim, you suck. And your buffoonish igniting of the bartop in the Outback on fire in an attempt to cause me pain that your fists could not cause me...displays exactly why you should not possess
items of power like Firestar, items that are beyond your feeble reasoning. Mr. Simon, I will soon expect your gracious thanks for removing such a historically destructive Opal from the hands of an imbecile. But indeed, I must congratulate you for something Tim: I commend you on the fact that you are still able to walk. In that respect, you have surpassed my personal expectations for you in this duel. But it won't happen again. I don't like you, I
don't want to deal with you, and if I see you again in three months, I promise you will be DoF's first Emerald in a wheelchair.

And here is where I am supposed to congratulate the official for calling my duel, but seeing as how the cameras did all the work and Chris Graziano was covering his eyes from all the horrible violence, I don't think I'll be doing that either. Again, I'll give the devil his due: Congratulations, Chris, for correctly spelling "dominating" in the official report. I'm sure it only took Alexandria 5 minutes of her time to help you out with that one. But
again, I must give warning. I tolerate you because thus far, your comedic mannerisms have not meandered into my path. But should you decide to change this, should you bring your "yos" and "whacks" to me...I promise, that you will end up doing a very realistic imitation of Errol Faline, with only the gods knowing when you'll wake up.

After months of apathy and slumping, "the EEVVIL slavur" has returned, and I just happen to hold the most dangerous of all Opals; the one that burnt the Outback to a crisp. Many are the people who Firestar has hurt on accident; should I be displeased in the near future, we will all find out what happens when Firestar attacks people on purpose. Beck Weller was dangerous because he did not know how to control the Opal; I'm even more dangerous because I
*do*.

Finally, should the current Diamond hold any proprietory feelings for Firestar, I can only offer this: I'm not fond of people thinking that certain things are theirs when those certain things are not. I call those people "thieves", and I deal with thieves in a certain manner. Until I lose in the ring, Firestar is mine, and if you attempt to change this, little girl, you too will be mine, mind, body, and soul. And I will bathe in the delicious irony
when the very Opal you cherish heats the iron that burns my mark into your California tan skin, marking you as my property until you die.

The waiting period is waived.

~Anubis Karos

P.S: Mr. Jenkins, should you find fault with the defacement of the bartop you built, take it up with one Tim Enralyte.
DoF Archive
Archivist

A Matter Of Some Importance

Post by DoF Archive » Mon May 17, 2004 9:20 pm

Date: 10/4/2002 10:18 PM Central Daylight Time

To the Outback patrons both former and present,

Pursuant to the Writ of Opal Challenge, I have pressed the right of my newly acquired rank of Emerald to attempt to gain the red opal Fire Star from its current holder, Anubis Karos. He has accepted and the event shall proceed at the nearest possible convenience for both parties.

Lord Karos has publically proclaimed his intentions with the stone of some power. These courses run contrary to my own. As none have yet stepped forth to champion the Outback and her people, such shall be my duty.

May we continue in faith and honor.