The Glass Tourney!

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

The Glass Tourney!

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:21 am

Date: 11/21/1997 3:05 PM Central Standard Time

The Glass tourney- the tournament to find "Glass Jawed Joe"- where the best of the non-jewel ranked fighters duke it out in pure fistfight action! NO backflipping, over the top, ultra-snazzy maneuvers, NO pulled punches andkicks, just straight fighting until only one is left standing. Some may say it's the best of the worst, but rest assured, many an Emerald has had their troubles with these practitioners of the purest form of fighting known to the Duel of Fists.The third Glass Tourney featured 16 of the roughest, toughest, and sometimes buffest brawlers around. A few no-shows left some fresh faces to fill spots in the brackets, but only Novaria Kor was able to jump in and win a fight. The rest of the tournament belonged to those who registered. The lesson- if you want to win, register and fight! Now, without further ado, the scores from the fights, with a bonus round-by-round feature of the final match!Round 1:Called by RDI Rand:Novaria Kor def. Dorae Rasta, 5-4 in 8 rounds.Topaz Eludes def. Rix "We're NOT spelling out his whole name" Favre, 5-3 in 10 rounds.Jerod Alexander def. Zagaroth, 5-4 in 10 rounds.Strider Koei def. Monkey Joe, 5-3 in 12 rounds.Called by RDI Rask:Perrinis Alabaster def. Eros, 5-4 in 12 rounds.Jen Star def. Johann Calvert de Ruyters, 5-3 in 8 rounds.Dudelay def. Wiz Aghanim, 5-3 in 8 rounds.John Tasslehofl Momus def. "Nekkid Man" Zaradda, 5-2 in 8 rounds.A quick thank you to Jen for not making me spell out JC's name more than once. ;)Round 2:Called by RDI Rand:Perrinis Alabaster def. Jen Star, 5-2 in 7 rounds.John Tasslehofl Momus def. Dudelay, 5-3 in 11 rounds.Called by RDI Rask:Topaz Eludes def. Novaria Kor, 5-4 in 9 rounds.Jerod Alexander def. Strider Koei, 5-1 in 6 rounds.Oooh..only four left! Who won? Taking bets now (no peeking)!Round 3:Called by RDI Rand:Jerod "I'm fighting my fiancee?!" Alexander def. Topaz "I'm fighting my fiancee?!" Eludes, 5-3 in 7 rounds.Called by RDI Rask:Perrinis Alabaster def. John Tasslehofl Momus, 5-4 in 15 rounds.And now... the FINAL! A best two-out-of-three fight between Perrinis "Wow, that last one was long" Alabaster and Jerod "Geez, Topaz is gonna beat me good when we get home" Alexander!Fight One:Perrinis Jerod1) Sweep 1 1) Spin kick 02) Dodge 1 2) Arm Block 03) Jab 2 3) Leg Sweep 0 4) Chop 3 4) Chop 15) Jab 4 5) Jab 26) Dodge 4 6) Dodge 27) Legsweep 5 7) Flip 2Perrinis def. Jerod, 5-2 in 7 rounds.Fight Two: Perrinis Jerod 1) Jab 1 1) Chop 1 2) Snap kick 2 2) Leg sweep 1 3) Leg sweep 2 3) Jump kick 1 4) Snapkick 2 4) Jab 2 5) Legsweep 2 5) Jump Kick 2 6) Jab 3 6) Jab 3 7) Uppercut 3 7) Snap Kick 4 8) Flip 3 8) Spin Kick 5 Jerod def. Perrinis, 5-3 in 8 rounds.Perrinis Jerod1) Leg sweep 0 1) Jab 1 2) Jump kick 1 2) Chop 1 3) Jab 2 3) Jab 2 4) Snap kick 3 4) Snap Kick 3 5) Dodge 3+ 5) Jab 3 6) Jab 4 6) Spin Kick 3 7) Jumpkick 4 7) Jump Kick 3 8) Dodge 4+ 8) Chop 3 9) Legsweep 4 9) Jump Kick 3 10) Jab 4 10) Flip 4 11) Chop 5 11) Spin Kick 4Perrinis def. Jerod, 5-4 in 11 rounds.FINAL! Perrinis "I'm tired, but I won" Alabaster def. Jerod "Maybe Topaz will have sympathy because I lost" Alexander, two fights to one.
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: The Glass Tourney!

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:22 am

Date: 11/21/1997 5:59 PM Central Standard Time

::reads the post and grins, then writes up a note next to it::

And afterwards, for the first time in DoF history, the two Diamonds dueled! That's right, Jeff and I in a no-fancy, no-feint and no holds barred brawl! It was awesome!

Well, I didn't keep track of the score, but it went to SUDDEN FLAWS before Jeff showed that nothing beats the real thing, so to speak.

Anyways, I want to extend my cordial thanks to Jeff, Tex, Rask, Rand, Goon and all the duelers who made this a really really fun event. I can't wait for the next big thing.. which will be me finally getting out of the Glass ranks and getting the real diamond ring. ::grins::

Anyways, see you all in the Outback tonight!

-General Perrinis Alabaster