Re:Some food for thought

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Re:Some food for thought

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:09 pm

Date: 8/14/97 7:03 PM Eastern Standard Time

Damien...the womens' egos need to be built up to rival the males! After all, it's onl 23%...
<scribbles more illegibly>
course, no matter how many women there are, there are some male egos that will never be rivaled
<leaves them unnameed on purpose, this time>

Date: 8/14/97 9:51 PM Eastern Standard Time

>>Damien...the womens' egos need to be built up to rival the males! After all, it's onl 23%...

course, no matter how many women there are, there are some male egos that will never be rivaled<<

If ye'd need one such as a male te boot up yer ego, ye'd 'ave jist admitted t'at ye are a'bit mere weaker than anothar. In t'is case, ye 'ave jist said t'at ye require mandatory ego boosting because o' a cetain, lack o' duelists on thee female side.

I thinks t'at yer jist looking fer attention... not te s'ow thee numbars.

And it's pathatic.

~Lord Black Moon

Date: 8/14/97 11:03 PM Eastern Standard Time

>>If ye'd need one such as a male te boot up yer ego, ye'd 'ave jist admitted t'at ye are a'bit mere weaker than anothar. In t'is case, ye 'ave jist said t'at ye require mandatory ego boosting because o' a cetain, lack o' duelists on thee female side. <<

::not quite sure on this, but knows "somebody" will take it the wrong way::

Personally.. I took up duelin' tae meet new people and learn something new.. I have succeed happily in both o' these.. Ok.. so my duelin' record be crap, but I made a great bunch o' new friends! ::smiles at the gang:: I'm not afraid of gettin' meself sent all over the ring in a fair duel... We learn and we grow from these things...

Colleen MacLeod

Date: 8/15/97 12:18 AM Eastern Standard Time

>>If ye'd need one such as a male te boot up yer ego, ye'd 'ave jist admitted t'at ye are a'bit mere weaker than anothar.<<

I was just pointing out that the females' egos were quite a bit smaller than the males'. Which I think is a good thing, considering the size of some male egos. I never said that any of the women needed more confidence or someone to encourage them to duel. So don't be taking my words the wrong way.
((Although it's really easy))
~Ally

Date: 8/15/97 2:56 PM Eastern Standard Time

I didn't want to get involved.
Women are less violent than men, about here.
Women often have more common sense.
They usually have a more peacable solution.
They do ---not--- have tiny, small, miniscule, or any other version of the word in regard to ego.
Ally, their numbers being a slice smaller than men would only lead them to have larger ego's, if nothing else. The women "clique", if I may be so bold, is much more supportive and tight-knit than any other in the Duels. This "5 women rings" is an inane idea, and certainly does nothing to denote a "small ego". Replace good barons with other females simply because they were born with EXTERNAL genitalia? Foolish!
Look, I don't care if I draw anyones ire because of this, mainly as it was an opinion, not a fact, and anyone who had the least bit common sense might appreciate that.

Rad
~Awaiting arguments on how the duels will be better once women have 5 rings
~Arguments on My sexist views
~Knives in the back

Date: 8/15/97 2:58 PM Eastern Standard Time

Lord Eltorçh:

How will the duels be better when five members of House Lathadoscia hold rings?

How will the duels be better when six members of the Amethyst Ring hold rings?

How will the duels be better when eight people who drink ale hold rings?

What is the point of this conversation?

~irm

Date: 8/15/97 5:43 PM Eastern Standard Time

Those still interested in a point of view....

Okay, call me silly...but I *do not* understand what the big hurrah is about wanting to for the first time in DoS history, to have more female barons then male. Several times to this point, there were solely males holding the rings. I'm not saying I want to see an all female baron (ee?). It is one small goal in many I have.

I do not do this for anyone else, nor is it an issue of ego, but rather of history. Should you chose to disect more from my meaning, you waste your energy, but I expect such from some.

As to the clique we (females) are accused of, this is what I will say, the scale of my closest friends is most certain to lean more heavily towards the male gender. I do not discount any friend based on the gender they are, or prefer.

Kaprielle d'Argent

PS. I originally posted my opinion in fun....

Date: 8/15/97 6:03 PM Eastern Standard Time

::sighs::

Okay.....so far...the only thing wrong that I see, that there are less women than men in Rhydin, is this.

~I have to fight with four other guys to be with one women
~A lot of women are healers, so we'd need more of them
~What guy doesn't want more women?

The only bright side is....there are still 81 women to admire...and who wouldn't wanna do that?

~Phil

Date: 8/15/97 8:27 PM Eastern Standard Time

::sees what she has (at least) encouraged, and, sober enough to realize how badly it might progress, scribbles some form of an apology::
Not that other people's points on egos aren't valid. But what I mainly meant was that a lot of women have smaller indivual egos than men.
Am I saying that right? Well, to make myself more clear (and hunted by wild wolves, most likely), I'll bring out my main example.
This past winter, as a young and relatively new dueler, I overheard Elijah say something similar to "If I'd bagged a redhead last night, I wouldn't have lost the challenge"
I've never heard a woman in the arena say anything similar.
~Ally
::laces up her running shoes and waits for the games to begin::

Date: 8/15/97 11:36 PM Eastern Standard Time

"Okay, call me silly...but I *do not* understand what the big hurrah is about wanting to for the first time in DoS history, to have more female barons then male."------ Kaprielle

T'ere is not'ing wrong wit' yer foolis' quest. T'ere is not'ing wrong wit' anyt'ing. Any sort o' goal suc' as t'at is purely in it entirty compleatly foolis'. Ruin and misery as I call it. If ye seek te make thee males feel lowar than ye women, t'an remember thee numbars yer up against.

If yer jist trying te wreck 'avoc inte thee DoS, no problams wit' mi by t'at... but on thee othar end, w'en I shall come inte powar, I s'all be a little t'ron in yer side... fer I nae like watc'ing fools winning... if ye evan come close t'at is.

Now, ye are going te ask mi why I *t'ink* it is a foolis' goal? I only wondared (briefly) why ye women make an issue t'at mattars not. I t'en figured t'at if ye must s'ow yer powar te feel like ye left a scar... a respctable jesture, respectable yet foolis' fer ye need not te concern yerselves wit' petty little mattars such as... "Oh I am a distressed woman for I cannot bear the thought of men ruling power over women during the entire history of the Duel of Swords" ::He laughs a bit as he continues to
write::

Come now. Ye 'ave battar t'ings te concern yerself wit'. I know not why I concern miself wit' t'is petty, little mattar. I s'ould rathar find thee head o' anothar Paladin te decorate mi castle walls t'an care w'ether er nae a bunc' o' females 'old power wit'in t'is little place. It must be t'at I pity ye, and t'at I must take place in a covarsation t'at needs not'is tiny demon-stration o' female's political powar.

Jist remembar t'is, Thee strong survive. Thee rest die of like insects in thee wintar time.

~Lord Black Moon of Castle Transylvanya

Date: 8/16/97 12:14 AM Eastern Standard Time

>>T'ere is not'ing wrong wit' yer foolis' quest. T'ere is not'ing wrong wit' anyt'ing. Any sort o' goal suc' as t'at is purely in it entirty compleatly foolis'. Ruin and misery as I call it. If ye seek te make thee males feel lowar than ye women, t'an remember thee numbars yer up against.<<

This is no more foolish a goal than House L's quest to hold five baronial rings.. and I for one would be interested to see either of these honorable goals set...

>>Come now. Ye 'ave battar t'ings te concern yerself wit'. I know not why I concern miself wit' t'is petty, little mattar.<<
Good question...

>>Jist remembar t'is, Thee strong survive. Thee rest die of like insects in thee wintar time. <<

To quote me dear cousin, Micha... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger.. That which does not kill us makes us stronger still"

And thanks to all the males the don't complain about the women in the rings... :D

Date: 8/16/97 10:59 AM Eastern Standard Time

>>That which does not kill us makes us stronger.. That which does not kill us makes us stronger still<<

Allright, this a question that I have no ansewer for...

If everything that does not kill us makes us stronger... than how come a shattered spine will no longer allow you to walk even though you survived the blow? You can no longer walk yet you are still alive.

What happens if you are in a war for the independance of your own country and your ranks are crushed and lose the war? How does that make you stronger?

Why is it that if you experance a broken leg, it is easier to break the leg in the same spot than had you not experanced a broken leg?

Last exapmle...

What happenes if your brain is damaged by a severe bludgen to the head and you suffer severe brain damage which does not allow you to walk nor think clearly? Has this made you any stronger?

It is my belief that this man who spoke these words has never experanced anything severe in his life. But, this comment was made only for the commen which I quotted above... It is more of a question than an argument.

~^~Sir Damien Cetran~^~

Date: 8/16/97 11:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

<<<T'ere is not'ing wrong wit' yer foolis' quest. T'ere is not'ing wrong wit' anyt'ing. Any sort o' goal suc' as t'at is purely in it entirty compleatly foolis'. Ruin and misery as I call it. If ye seek te make thee males feel lowar than ye women, t'an remember thee numbars yer up against.>>>BlackMoonV

Why this is foolish? Who is it harming? I'm doing nothing outside of the rules of DoS, my challenge can hardly be considered some huge DoS conspiracy. If you find it so incredibly wrong, then back your words with skill. This is about DoS. This is not about "ruin and misery", and if that is your belief, your grasp on reality needs to be put in check. I do not seek to make males feel lower, I'm not ganging up on anyone (except maybe yourself). I made a challenge, I noted, unlike the common "My
reasons are my own" wussy crap, why I would like to hold a ring at this particular time. Up against numbers, I don't think so. I'm not trying to defy some incredible odds. Luth, Ellisa and Zealot are already barons, it's not a coup I've planned for months. Surely you do not so foolishly insinuate friends like, Nova, Rand, Karnafexx, Bishop, Athlstan, Mathias, Iain, Kalamere and the list could go on, find this in any way threatening.

I'm sure, Lord of Transylvania, that they will not be at your side should it come down to your challenge should I get that far. I suppose I could be wrong, but I'd take those odds.

The timing for my challenge is fortunate, it accomplishes more than one feat. Would I have challenged at this time were there no other female barons? Absolutely. I've been considering it for several weeks, I had to wait until I had my 10 PW, when I won it, I made my challenge that same eve.

<<<, I s'all be a little t'ron in yer side... fer I nae like watc'ing fools winning... if ye evan come close t'at is.>>>

Step up, I accept your boasting. Come in to power? How about come into skill and intellect and something similar to literacy. I've no idea what a "t'ron" is, but I'm sure it's dark, scary and vicious. ::Rolling her eyes at his cliche::

<<>>

I am no distressed woman, nor have I or will I ever be. Men do not rule DoS, **duelers do!** You've taken something so minute and because you've nothing better to do, tried to make an issue of it, fine, I'll play along.

<<<Come now. Ye 'ave battar t'ings te concern yerself wit'. >>>>

Excuse me, but who's the one whining here? Obviously, your female relationships have left you scarred and unfulfilled, of course, I can see why that might be.

<<Jist remembar t'is, Thee strong survive. Thee rest die of like insects in thee wintar time. >>>

By the way, you should check out the RhyDIn library, I know many a person with an accent, just not one who wrote in it as well. The written word is well established.

Kapri~

Date: 8/16/97 11:42 PM Eastern Standard Time

Just for the record, if the women (wenches?) of the DoS would like to overrun the higher ranks and institute female rule... more power to them. Their choice.
I fully support Kaprielle, my love, as much as I support Adeena, my good friend, and Ellisa and Luthien, also good friends.
Personally, I'd love to see that Fearsome Foursome standing together in the rings.

Nova

Date: 8/16/97 11:48 PM Eastern Standard Time

Indeed.

My opinion of Luthien's holding of my old ring should be apparent. My utter respect for Adeena Maeax is well-documented. Though we have differences, Ellisa Morgan is exquisitely qualified to hold her rank. And I will stand proudly by was Kaprielle attempts to gain another ring. All this, to say nothing of Lady Alais Graham, Lady Amaltea thu-Darelir, and my dearly departed mentor, Siera Redwin.

The sheer idea that the women of this sport do not deserve their positions individually, and instead are consipring to "prove" something based on their gender, is offensive. Anyone who feels differently will find themselves facing me, either directly, or standing in their opponent's corner.

Iain MacKenzie
Lord Tynsdale

Date: 8/17/97 7:01 AM Eastern Standard Time

::chuckles a bit:: Don't worra 'bout protectin' 'em Iain. Have 'em face Ellisa, Kappy, Luth or Adeena. Lord knows dem ladies can kick some serious butt, and I've had da cuts and bruises ta prove it. ::grins and heads off::

::knows most of the men here don't mind it when a woman takes over and dominates them, figures its got more to do with jealousy of rank than to do with gender anyhow::

Date: 8/17/97 8:12 AM Eastern Standard Time

::thinks Kappy should look at Damon Black before talkin' about guys who write in accents::
((Personally, I respect accents very greatly, and play several SN's who have em. Reading posts in that accent just gets me in the mood. ;) ))

Date: 8/17/97 2:52 PM Eastern Standard Time

::Chuckles as he realizes Cetran must have been hurt many times by women or else questions his own masulinity.::

Date: 8/17/97 7:12 PM Eastern Standard Time

::Checks his own "Masulinity" Shakes his head::

Date: 8/17/97 8:10 PM Eastern Standard Time

::chuckles, wondering if Billy Ray is shaking his head at the word, or what he saw when he checked::

Date: 8/18/97 11:23 AM Eastern Standard Time

::startin to think this "Food for thought" is turnin into a buffet::

Date: 8/18/97 3:46 PM Eastern Standard Time

::smiling, seeing the "Tarzan" comment::
I resemble that remark. In any case, you all know the button I wear proudly. "Amaltea for Overlord" was not a joke. It's a matter of history. If the the ladies of the DoS care to take over, it gives me more to look at. ::wink::

(m)I wonder who else can be prodded into a Barony?