9th Ring of DoS

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

9th Ring of DoS

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:32 pm

Date: 8/26/97 7:58 AM Pacific Standard Time

Overlord, Barons, Warlords and the rest,

It is a rare occasion when I bring myself to these boards to speak on an issue, but with all I have been reading of late has prompted me to make a rare appearance here. I have done some thinking of late and have decided that it is time for a Warlord to declare a form of loyalty. Barons declare their loyalties to the Overlord, well here today I shall be the first Warlord to declare himself loyal to a Baron, or in this instance, a Baroness.

M'lady Luthien, as the 2nd Bearer of the 9th Ring of the DoS, I have watched since my return how that ring is worn, and it's responsibilities handled. I have found in you, someone who I can respect to give the 9th Ring the honor it deserves in it's holder. You are one of the most colorful duelers in the sport, and your history in RhyDin rivals many of House Questrion. You, as I have said, honor the 9th Ring.

So M'lady Luthien, on this day, I, Moralitor the Black, Warlord of DoS, do hereby declare myself Loyal to you and the ring you wear. Let it be known to any dueler who should dare step forward and challenge to take this ring from M'lady Luthiens finger, what this loyalty means. Should your challenge prove victorious over the fair and just, Baroness Luthien, before the ring grows warm on your finger, a challenge will be issued from me. Your quest for glory will be short lived, as I will not fail in this
charge.

It is time that challenges take on more merit. It is time that those who challenge carry more weight than ten peer wins. It is time for Warlords to take a stand and support those Barons that they feel deserve their rings. I am the first. I hope others will follow.

With respect to the DoS,

Moralitor the Black
2nd Bearer of the 9th Ring
Grand Knight, Questrion
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:34 pm

Date: 8/26/97 10:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

Moralitor the Black of Questrion.

I have known you of old and during many years in RhyDin I have fallen in and out of your favor. You now honor me with your pledge of loyalty to myself and the 9th ring that was once your own. Your desire to heighten the dueling community's respect for the high ranks is an honorable endeavor. Not only does it promote meaning and worth to the Challenges for Baron and Overlord alike, it stresses a basic respect amongst duelists, one to another from Commoner on up the ranks.

I shall strive to continue to be worthy of your loyalty, Warlord.

I am, grateful
Queen Luthien Tinuviel
Holder of the 9th Baronial Ring.