ShadoWeaver Challenge

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

ShadoWeaver Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:11 pm

Date: 1/16/1998 12:42 PM Central Standard Time

Walking down the avenue that leads to Munro's Deli, Robert clutched the letter in his hand and tightened his coat against the winter elements. Normally he would have sent someone to deliver the message but the nature of the missive caused him to step from his comfortable home into the night to pass the note along personally.

Finally moving past the Red Orc Brewery, he stood before his friend's place of business. His own activities keeping him away from the establishment, Robert took a moment to gaze over the structure. If memory served, he had only been here once before but he still found it to be an impressive sight.

His body shuddering against the cold and wringing his mind from its curiosity, Robert remembered the intention of his visit. Finding the drop box he slid the small envelope inside the building. Confident that it would be found and responded to appropriately, he moved back towards the warming fire of his home.

As the letter sat on the cool floor of the Deli, the words within told its story...

Dear Tis,

Greetings, holder of ShadoWeaver. It is my sincere hope that this note finds you well and your place of business prosperous. As you can see this is not a letter of normal correspondence but my official intent to challenge you for the Opal that you hold in your care.

Let me say this challenge comes with no malice or ill will to you as a dueler or a member of the community as a whole. You have, in every effort, upheld your title well since you obtained it over one cycle ago. You also defended it in a successful challenge against one of the Duel of Fists finest duelers. For all these reasons I tip my hat to you; you have served as a fine example of what a champion should be.

Sadly, with the accolades that follow a champion come those that wish to carve their own niche from that person's fame; those that would seek to legitimize their own standing amongst their peers as one of the best in a competitive field. I come to you with the admission that I wish to test my own merit and achievements against your own.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to participate in the last Diamond Quest. Normally, I seek to prove my own worth as a dueler at that tournament, as it is the goal of every dueler (at least in my opinion) that they too will become champion. Since I was not afforded my opportunity to compete for the highest prize our sport has to offer, I take this opportunity to challenge for the newest prize afforded us in the Duel of Fists,
that of the Opals. For reasons stated above you will see why you were the obvious selection for my personal test.

I will take this moment in decreeing my challenge to you to inform you of a personal decision that I have made. It is my intent to challenge you without the use of any of my advanced maneuvers ((feints or fancies)). This is not stated to sway you from your dueling style. This is merely to inform you that I plan to remain true to the values and ideals that I was brought up with within this sport. If I am to defeat you, it will be upon the basic
principals that all duelers follow.

I look forward to facing you in the ring and wish you the best in your defense. I await your recommendation for a date, time, and caller. As stated in the challenge rules we must wait a week after the intent is sent to the Team Leader, which, ironically, has been done already. ;) So I suggest perhaps the 22 of January anytime after 9 PM on the eastern clock. It is your choice for caller but if you have no preference or objection, I would ask that
our mutual friend Matthew Simon be allowed to call.

See you in the ring,
Robert Braxxx
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ShadoWeaver Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:12 pm

Date: 1/16/1998 12:57 PM Central Standard Time

Having received confirmation of the date, time, and caller Robert moved down the steps of the Outback and pinned his note to the kiosk. Looking it over as it sat amongst the other notes he nodded his head once and returned up the steps towards his home.

Friends of the DoF Community,

With this letter I publicly announce my intent to challenge Tisman of the Black Rose for the Black Opal ShadoWeaver. Tisman has been gracious enough to accept the challenge and we invite you the members of the Duels to come view our contest.

The match will be held January 22 at 11 PM on the eastern clock. We will of course Duel in the Home of the Duel Of Fists, the Outback. RDI Glo has been gracious enough to accept the responsibility of officiating our match. Glo has even promised me personally that he will not use any pits, caverns, mazes or any other such heinous device that he normally employs to imped duelers as they fight. For this I am *most* gracious.

So come watch one of us get our teeth kicked in. Loser buys drinks...

See you in the ring,
Robert Braxxx
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: ShadoWeaver Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:13 pm

Date: 1/17/1998 2:57 AM Central Standard Time

Ian wandered around the kitchen of the deli somewhat nervously. It had been a few days since the challenge was answered, and he was getting butterflies worse with each passing moment. He sat down at the counter late at night and wrote out a letter to the other patrons of the Outback. It read...Fellow patrons...I have indeed agreed to Mr. Braxxx's challenge, as well as the terms therein. As Robert has promised, I will follow suite concerning skilled maneuvers, as I think it is time that many of our higher ranked duelers get back to basics. I have also agreed to let our long standing friend Matt Simon referee the bout, with limitations concerning his dire contraptions. As I feel right at home fighting in a pit, or any other closed quarters area, Iunderstand that this will not be the case. The night of the 22nd, the night in which the duels that I have helped to bring to The Outback ((TTDoF)) are held, I will face Robert at 11 in the night.I will be wearing the traditional garb of my clan, as well as the tribal markings of my people. The tartan of Munro will be around my waist... the sporrin from my teacher, bearing the yellow and purple of Let's Runna Waya Whila We Canna hanging from my waist... and the Grand Klaive handed down from Garou to Garou in my tribe will be at my hip. I ask that no one feel alarmed as my tattooedbody takes on the paint of war for this challenge, and I fight bare chested and barefoot as is the way of the Bone Gnawers.The reason that I mention these things is for such. I have in my life fought for many people, but on this night I fight for myself. I fight for the honor of our sport, and the many traditions and beliefs that gather themselves under the Outback's roof. Without any of these things, our sport would hold no meaning, so I fight to uphold our traditions as I am sure Robert will. I wish him the best of luck, as I have no ill feelings toward one who hasgrown to be a great friend. I do say this, however...Robert Braxxx... be prepared for a war. Friends out of the ring we are, but in the ring I have one goal... one intention... the keeping of ShadoWeaver on my arm.I ask that any that wish to be in attendance stop by, if for nothing else to have a mug of Jake's finest. Until Thursday next, I remain simply...Ian MunroTisman Black RoseIan wandered off to the boards that he had looked over for quite some time, then attached his letter to it. He looked slowly around the Outback for a bit, grabbing up a mug of Jake's finest, then going to the back to pummel a heavy bag to get ready.