An Invitation

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

An Invitation

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:19 pm

Date: 1/21/1998 2:23 AM Central Standard Time

Dear DoF Patrons,

I would like to encourage all of you to attend the challenge match between Bob "Dusty" Braxxx and Tisman "Black Rose" Munro, this Thursday, January 22 at 2300 hours (that's 11:00pm on the Eastern Clock). Since it seems Ring Styx as well as the esteemed and well-loved "Pit" will not be brought into play during this challenge, I have taken it upon myself to find other ways to make the matches both fun and interesting for not only the duelers, but
you, the audience. I do not want to give anything away at this juncture, for I want you all to come and see what will be offered as the medium for dueling. The only incentive I will offer is this…if enough people arrive and are present for the match, audience participation will be *highly* encouraged during certain portions of the evening.
To Bobby and Ian, I wish you both luck, and hope that this will be a night you both remember for a long time. I know you will both be enemies inside the ring, each fighting for a valued and coveted prize, but remember that the primary goal is to have fun. I am going to do my best to ensure an enjoyable evening for all.
May you both duel with the most skill and honor that you each can muster in the face of adversity.

--Matt "No Gimmicks" Simon
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: An Invitation

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:20 pm

Date: 1/21/1998 9:46 PM Central Standard Time

::reads the note and scratches at a flea;:

(vsw) Oh gods... I can see it now... it's the French Revolution all over again... Maybe I should mention that there's food at the deli for good prices so they won't use the guilotine on me...

::wanders off in search of something to bribe the caller with, namely food::