Results of the Second ShadoWeaver Challenge

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Results of the Second ShadoWeaver Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:27 pm

Date: 1/23/1998 12:22 PM Central Standard Time

On the night of January 22, Ian "Black Rose" Munro faced his challenger, Robert "Dusty" Braxxx, and dueled for the right to wear ShadoWeaver, the Black Opal. Both duelers fought with skill and tenacity, and the results were as follows…Match One: Occurred in "Ring Four Legged Friends"Special Notes--Fought in a portable sheep pen, live sheep present inside the ring.Rounds: Robert Ian Score 1 Snapkick Jab 1-0 (Ian)2 LegSweep Flip 1-13 Jab Dodge 1+-1 (Ian)4 Leap Sweep 1+-1 (Robert)5 Duck Jab 2-1 (Robert)6 Sweep Snapkick 2-2 7 Dodge Flip 2+-2 (Robert)8 Jab Snapkick 3-2 (Robert)9 Flip Jumpkick 4-2 (Robert)10 Jab Spinkick 5-2 (Robert)Result: Robert took a 1 match to 0 lead over Tisman, holder of ShadoWeaver.Intermission: The duelers took about a two-minute break before beginning their second match, which went as follows:Match Two: Occurred in "Multiple Personalities"Special Notes--Ring created by the audience present as they formed a circle in which Robert and Ian conducted their match.Rounds: Robert Ian Score 1 Jab Sweep 1-0 (Robert) 2 Chop Snapkick 2-0 (Robert)3 Flip Chop 3-0 (Robert)4 Jab Jab 4-1 (Robert)5 Jumpkick Snapkick 5-1 (Robert)Result: Robert took a 2 match to zero lead over Tisman, and thus won the right to wear the Black Opal, also known as ShadoWeaver. I send my congratulations to Robert for wresting the Opal from its original holder and for fighting with skill and honor. I congratulate Tisman as well, for not giving up when the tide shifted against him. I thank both men for allowing me to officiate this match, and I look forward to doing others in the future. I also would like to extend my gratitude to those who took the time to witness the challenge for their participation and their presence. --Matt "What's a Gimmick?" Simon
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Results of the Second ShadoWeaver Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:27 pm

Date: 1/24/1998 2:04 AM Central Standard Time

::write silently before tacking the letter to the board::

I would like to congratulate Robert in his fine display of skill. I expect all of the courtesies that I was given to also be shown to Robert, as he earned ShadoWeaver. It gives me a mild comfort to know that there is one holding the opal that will do their best to represent it with honor, and without hesitation.

Once again, Congratulations to our new holder of ShadoWeaver, Robert Braxxx.

Ian
DoF Archive
Archivist

Re: Results of the Second ShadoWeaver Challenge

Post by DoF Archive » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:28 pm

Date: 1/24/1998 4:03 AM Central Standard Time

Taking a piece of paper from her precious list she quickly scribles a note and hangs it up.Ian~ Thanks for accepting the challenge and giving Robert the opportunity to test his skill and determination in the ring against you. You did great!!Matt~ Way cool calling. I loved being able to participate in the event itself.Babe~ 143 A&F!!!! I'm VERY proud of ya. Don't work too late tonight and don't forget to pick up the extra ice on the way home.Tera