Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Re:Challenge of the 8th Ring

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:46 pm

Date: 8/14/97 11:52 PM Eastern Standard Time

::reads over the Peer List....6-5 in one round???..wow::

::shakes his head free of the cobwebs...mustah meant double digit rounds::

Dex me frien...luck ta ya in yer latest challenge....

Xy

Date: 8/16/97 3:25 AM Eastern Standard Time

::Looks at the list and blinks, amazed that she's not on this one as she was on the last three...::

]Date: 8/17/97 8:07 AM Eastern Standard Time

::sees the peer win list..Sidesteps..gets cut in the shoulder!::
Agh...another one tagged me!
::flees, dejected::

Date: 8/17/97 2:35 PM Eastern Standard Time

Skill Baron and former baron alike.

Date: 8/19/97 3:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

:: by return courier ::

Esteemed Daegarth,

I am honored that one with such talent as thee has stepped forward to issue challenge, for I have not spoken with thee much nor been pleasured to meet thee in the rings of Swords. Ye did best me recently at my first Archmage tourney in Magic, and now I have opportunity to strive to best you here. I apologize for the lateness of my response, as I was concerned with family matters and unable to decide when I would be able to provide you with the honor and attention you deserve. As I expect to be returning
from the islands shortly, I hope to propose the dates of Aug 31st, Sep 1st or Sept 2nd in which I may meet ye, thrice Baron and once Overlord. If ye could respond before my family's departure on the 22nd, I would appreciate it. Also I would be honored to post the matter, if ye were to help me with the colors of Phoenix and other pageantry details.

Dex
Loyal to RhyDin

Date: 8/22/97 3:25 AM Eastern Standard Time

:: It was late into the night. On route through RhyDin to take Ann back to the highlands after there stay in the isles Dexter stops by to tack a note under the boards ::

To all those that wish to know.

This shall be a fine event unmarred by other concerns around in the arena. The 2nd of the month of Sept at 10 by the eastern sun will be the day that Daegarth and i shall meet under the stars in the Battlefield.

The challenger will be under the emblems of Phoenix in the colors of the House Phoenix. A golden phoenix set on a solid black field. He will be represented alone on this occasion

As for my matters of pagentry, I have asked the longest holder of the 8th Barons Ring, Lord Iain MacKenzie, to be my second. I do this as i approach being one of the longer holders of the ring myself. My lady of Honor, my dearest wife Ann, will be represented by the Baroness Morgan. Ellisa has been a welcomed part of previous defenses and I am glad to have her there in a different capacity. I will, as always, wear the Jade and Black of Krondor and use the light rapier i crafted whilst in the hospice.
Until then... Be Well.

Dex
Loyal to RhyDin

PS. Daegarth you said you could get the caller.. please attend to that we dont want to have a similar difficulty as a recent challenge :: grins ::

Date: 8/22/97 3:36 AM Eastern Standard Time

:: It had been a wonderful time in the isles, their family not been together for such a long time. After many weeks of time away from stresses of regualr life Dexter and Ann came to realize the time was short. Dexter's quick appearances to RhyDin via a new mode of transport had allowed him to stay in touch with the rings and even get in a few matches although he had been distracted and dueled poorly. The trip returning would be long. He paused late the one evening to tack the response to the challenge by
Daegarth and finalize the details. Then he quickly began making the arrangements for the long journey to the highlands. ::