Reaching Perfection

Read-only archive of the Duel of Fists
DoF Archive
Archivist

Reaching Perfection

Post by DoF Archive » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:24 pm

Date: 4/9/1998 4:41 PM Central Standard Time

Most of you have known me for some time now, but this story is about something not many know. Nearly every night that I've dueled in the Outback, I've dueled an emerald. Why have I done this? It's quite simple. I need to be worthy of that which has been bestowed upon me.
I was granted the power of an entire civilization, a civilization that no longer exists. As it's chosen hero, I have to live up to the responsibility that goes with it. No matter what the odds are, I still have to constantly challenge myself.
Take the current diamond, Jeff. In one of my earliest duels, I challenged him. Not realizing that he was the diamond, I came into the match like any other. We fought for many rounds, each of us hitting as hard as we could. But in the end, he proved victorious, defeating me 5-4.
I learned several things that since then. I have more respect for those who have earned the ranks of diamond, opal, and emerald. I know that while I am not as good as them, I can be. I know that I will keep fighting to become as excellent as the are, and to keep my title.
Luna Mask,
The Moonlight Knight