Issue of Challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:47 am

Date: 8/31/97 1:27 PM Pacific Standard Time

::makes a simple, uncomplicated, unbiased note and tacks it to the board::

E and Adeena~

Luck and honor to you both, and may the best dueler win.

~Sidartha
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/31/97 1:58 PM Pacific Standard Time

Warlord Nova Grey Shadow,

As I stated to Warlord Iain MacKenzie, it is a means to an end to fulfill an oath.

~E-core
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/31/97 4:58 PM Pacific Standard Time

Warlord E-core,

Ah. So you'll break other oaths to fulfill another. Very interesting. I don't know whether that's worse than a blatant lie or not. I can't decide there.

~unsigned
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:48 am

Date: 9/1/97 12:08 AM Pacific Standard Time

>>if you've decided to stick with one of your chosen names<<

How many names does one really need?

A name is a sound that comes out of your mouth to symbolize and identify who it is we are speaking with. I have one name. Damien Cetran. I have been given a title over my year back in Longsly, but it is not part of my name. I personally like my name. People mispronounce, misspell and sometimes mock my name as a friendly joke yet I do not say that is a valid and mature reason not to adress one that is obviously referring to *me* (Me as in the thing created by my body, heart and soul combined into a life
form).

People have nicknames. Kalamere goes by Kal. Elijah/E-Core goes by "E". Raiyko goes by Rai. I go by "Hey You" sometimes.

Now, this is excluding the exception of women's last names in the bondage of Marrage. Alec Damron married Mimi Nights, Mimi is now officialy Mimi Damron but she is still called I am sure from time to time, Mimi Nights... I doubt this would bother her very much and a simple correction would clear the confusion... if she even wanted to correct the person that it.

My point is that names should not be so important that you would be head-headed enough to refuse to respond back to someone for the simple reason that the person refeared to you as a name you had in the past... because by many, you are still, that very same person.

~^~Damien Cetran~^~

Side Note: The exapamle of one mocking your name is not included here. If such a case araises, you can always purify your tormenter's Speach Impidiment by pain.

If you mock a Kings name you should be ready to retrieve your head from a basket.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:49 am

Date: 9/1/97 3:59 AM Pacific Standard Time

::Actually a bit surprised to see this challenge, but not by the stir it causes. Decides to add her own little bit.::

Hey KF... ::Chuckles:: Perri will want to make sure I remind you that it's "Mrs. Drake" when you call my duels, but now on to the actual issues...

<hmm.. i must ask all of you, since when has 'E' ever done what he said he was going to do or not going to do?>
Very true... I still recall the night where he suddenly, without warning, started using his fancies again. I also recall hearing of the night where he gave up on just dueling WarLords, but I was not there to witness that actual event.

E-Core says... <That name and that part of my exsistence are long dead to me now>
Then why even bother with the Triad Objective, since it was -that- part of your exsistance that instituted that Objective?

Collie says.... <if Elijah is no longer any part of you .. the records should have been zeroed out... Fact is, although you'd like to think of him as gone and your life as changed.. he is still a part of you.>
Everything that ever happens to us is a part of us... Even amnesiacs are affected by the events of their past. My own life has changed drastically since the day I first arrived in RhyDin, yet I will not claim I was never that shy young woman. There is no way to break all ties to the past, one should not even wish to try.

Lastly, because I know it annoys the heck out of E-core, I hereby list my titles along with my name.

Lady Drakewyn Alabaster the Tenth,
The Grand Duchess of Haaristad,
WarLady of the Duel of Swords,
High Priestess to the Goddess Ariah,
Royal Sorceress to King Pyrus of Archeron,
Dragonslayer for the Realm of Velcour,
Lightbringer for the Empire of Rhyshek,
Royal Tutor to Prince Paul of Velcour,
Court Magician to King Rupert of Velcour,
Seeker in the Ag`Ri Shan Truthseekers,
Apprentice Storyteller,
Member of House Dragoon-Talanador.
"Just another voice in the babble of DoS"

P.S. That final title was bestowed upon me by E-core himself.
P.P.S. To my friends, the many of you, I'm still just Drake.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:49 am

Date: 9/1/97 6:29 AM Pacific Standard Time

::reads Drake's P.P.S.::

No yer not... Yer Drakey-wakey-cuddly-wuddly-scoodle-poodle-bear! :D

Or jus Drakey-Poo for short...

::ducks the thwap::

~Phil
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:50 am

Date: 9/1/97 11:31 AM Pacific Standard Time

Nova,

I've only ever made one oath in the Arena. It is the one Iain knows.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/1/97 4:38 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Wonders why Phil wants to turn a fellow barons note of challenge into babble hour at the romper room::

::Plans on making a complete mockery of him next time he's challenged, just to see how it feels::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/2/97 8:13 AM Pacific Standard Time

"The duelist formerly known as Elijah...the Artist formerly known as Prince..."::snags a pen::

Ecore-
I'll deliver some tight pants and sequins to your abode.
Good day,
Rad
::strolls away, knowing noone will have the faintest idea::