Challenge for the Sixth - Wednesday

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge for the Sixth - Wednesday

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:06 pm

Date: 13 Sep 1999 19:36:22 EDT

To the patrons and staff of the Duel of Swords,

First, please allow me to express my apologies for my extended absence. Although the infection left my lungs some days ago, it has settled upon my eyes, and I am relying upon Lupton to relay the public information regarding Aspen's Challenge, as I cannot read the posts myself. While I do expect to be in full health by the date of the Challenge, I did not want to allow it to proceed without a public acknowledgment.

We are set to meet on Wednesday, the fifteenth of this month, at half-past ten by the eastern clock. At this time, I expect to duel alone - under no House or colors, and with no one as second or in a position of honor, as my absence has precluded me from yet filling those stations. Marit Takcouma has graciously agreed to officiate.

I feel another apology is due for the late notice. I wished to grant Aspen his Challenge as soon as possible; I know he is eager to make use of his restored peer wins before the end of the cycle.

I welcome this chance to prove myself, for reasons both personal and obvious, and send my humble thanks to those who have expressed their support. I hope supporters of both sides are able to attend on the fifteenth.

~ Simini