Words from the Baron of the 12th

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Words from the Baron of the 12th

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:13 pm

Date: 04 Oct 1999 02:11:01 EDT

Community,

It is with no surprise that I am going to be challenging for the crown. If it is, then perhaps you just haven't been paying attention. Most know me around here. I try my hardest, to talk with everyone, to give everyone a chance to get to know me. I do my best to treat us all as a community. That is why, when I made the choice to challenge for Overlord, I posted my feelings then. I laid it all out, giving any who wished to challenge ample time to do
so. So, when tonight came, and I told the Overlord of my plans to challenge, it should have been no surprise. Magnus knew this, as I had talked with him about it. I am sure he could vouch for that. If I would have had the chance to talk with the present Overlord before tonight then my feelings would have been made known to him also. The one thing I am, is honest. My friends are drawn to that, and my enemies respect that. At least I would hope. So, in
no way should this have been a bomb, that I was to challenge.

As one of the mentioned barons in Xavier Ta'main's letter, I felt a need to share this view. Since I will be challenging, god willing at this point, I will share why. After all, that is the heart of his question.

Since the end of Dalamar's reign the title has been a revolving door. Even before hand one could say it was, although I was not here for that. Yet, Dal showed as that one could hold onto the crown for an extended period. Of course, I am not claiming I am the one to do it. Yet, I feel that I would have a great chance to. I feel that at this moment, I could honor the title, and hopefully continue my duties to the community. Make no mistake, I have
been an active Baron. Perhaps that is why some respect me. I have shared my views with the community. I have donated my ring to the community in the commoner's tournament. Which in doing so sacrificed my chance to challenge for OL at the time. I have come early, and stayed late, to help those that would seek it. I have let my ear out to those who would need to talk. I have tried my best to be an active member in all aspects. As of late, I have
decided to share my knowledge, and start teaching. So, disregarding any stances, am I qualified? I believe yes. As my track record as a baron has shown this. So, with that in my heart I will challenge. If I win, then I will continue to help the community. Hopefully bring myself to do more for it, with the position.

Do I feel bad for stating my challenge so soon after the Overlord left the ring? No. The simple fact is that I am here almost every week. All that I have said has made me an active dueler. Yet, my first words spoken to him were "My name is Avery Shiv Blade, the Baron of the 12th." I had to introduce myself to him. To me, this just shows he has not the qualifications to hold the title. We need someone who is part of the community to hold it, if we
expect them to help the community. This is what I said to him. I take nothing away from him. He has proven with his skill that he could beat Magnus. I know nothing of him and his character, so I can't judge him on that. Yet, in that, is what I judge. Because he hasn't been around. Because he lacks those qualifications as I said, I will challenge.

I hope this might answer any questions, if not, feel free to ask.

As written by Christopher

Avery Shiv Blade
Baron of the 12th
Diamond