Challenge for the 5th Barony

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:06 am

Date: 8/28/97 11:05 PM Pacific Standard Time

:: chuckles ::

Got to love it....

:: not about challenge amounts, nor motives nor anything else controversial Dexter walks away laughing to himself about something entirely different hidden away in the post that maybe only he could appreciate for its weird humor ::

hee hee hee

((OOC heh and dont bother asking IC or OOC cause i wont tell you, ya can find it on your own))
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:07 am

Date: 8/29/97 1:24 AM Pacific Standard Time

::blushes slightly seeing his error, looks left to write, hoping noone notices and erases a line::
::then, rewrites in there::
A prospecting Baron should be prepared in advance to declare thier alignment.
::sneaks off hoping noone notices::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/29/97 4:33 AM Pacific Standard Time

::Takes a long look at all the responces, weighing each on their on merits.::

Gnortie,
You know I'm behind you 100%.
Arlingond,
Are you implying that Gnort is -not- worthy of being a Baron? If so, maybe you should challenge him if he wins... I know Lupton will.

I don't know if I will ever challenge a Baron for a Ring. At one point I was sure I would, but now I know that I would be attacked for doing so, no matter the reason I gave. I also believe that, should I succeed, I would be challenged almost immediately by someone who 'knew' I wasn't good enough to keep the Ring.
The point of being a Renegade is that you -will- be challenged, and, if you succeed, you -will- be challenged again more times in the same cycle. If you are Loyal, you can only be challenged once per cycle... an automatic limit on how long between challenges. These facts alone should be enough for all those people who claim that there's "Too many challenges."

If you can hold a ring despite the challenges, like Billy Ray did for so long, then you deserve it. If you get beaten, then you brush yourself off and try again. Many people see becoming a WarLord as a goal... many people see becoming a Baron as a goal... Some people see getting a positive WoL as a goal. I will never say someone shouldn't challenge. I might not support them, but only because I either don't know either person involved or because I support the defended, but I will -never- say
someone should not challenge.

Again, Gnortie, I'm behind you all the way on this one.

The Grand Duchess Drakewyn Alabaster the Tenth.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/29/97 8:18 AM Pacific Standard Time

::The old timer is taken aback at the inference::
Listen sonny! There aint near enough ore left in these hills about RhyDin to sustain me and Sadie!
Much less a bunch of tinder feet like yoursevles. If you be wantin gold, take it from your fellow Barons and leave my claim alone.
You better think long and hard about coming up here. Shoot, you aint never seen a challenge till you try to dig in my back yard.
::huffs off to buy a pale of Meades for Sadie and work out his frustration::::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:08 am

Date: 8/29/97 1:15 PM Pacific Standard Time

Warlord Arlingond,

First, it should be noted that I was not 4th in the que of challenges against BRK, I was 3rd, and there was only 3 that nite.

True, I won the 4th Ring and lost in in my first defense, I have to admit it was to a better dueler. Against BRK in that challenge, I didn't do it so much for the ring as for the fun of being in the que. It wasn't about the Barony that time. It was about Fun, and ues, I lost, but did I mind? Not in the least little bit.

Did I challenge after getting my 10 Peer Wins? No, I did not. I issued my challenge after aquiring 27 of them, if you'd like, I could forward you the letter I sent the Baron and Standings keeper listing all of them.

Should I win the 5th Barony this time, I certainly do hope that I am successful in any challenges that should come to me. Should it be Lupton, as Drake said, should it be Skyler in a rematch, you or any other Warlord that should decide to try me. Simply put, I have it in my mind to keep this one far longer than I did my last.

And I am not challenging for this ring "Just Cause" or "To test Myself" You wish to know why, ask me, I'll be glad to tell you.

::simply signed::
*G*
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:08 am

Date: 8/29/97 3:58 PM Pacific Standard Time

My thoughts.

My insults.

I am thoroughly disgusted with the ignorant points of view people are thrusting toward each other in defense of their positions. A ring is not placed on one's hand 'for fun', and yes, there is such a thing as a fluke. Granted, one may acquire fifty peer wins, but if they've also acquired fifty losses they can just as soon choke on their hefty sum as attempt to earn my respect.

In this era we warlords stand among over eighty others. The standard of acquiring ten peer wins as prerequisite to challenge was decided upon when this number was far less. Again, I fully support the notion of a challenge bracket, as it will limit the number of ring holders who have no concept of what their title should represent.

~^v^~
Draven Altruis Il
Knight Marshal, Questrion
Warlord, DoS
~^v^~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:09 am

Date: 8/30/97 1:34 AM Pacific Standard Time

I challenged for the 5th Barony
Skyler accepted

Nuff said.

*G*
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/30/97 7:37 AM Pacific Standard Time

17 GnrtDrgoon 21 31 4 52 40%

Current Warlord Ranking for our aspiring Baron. So when you start defending yourself against attacks to your legitimacy to challenge for baron, let your sword talk louder then your words.

Arlingond
Grand Knight, Questrion
Warlord, Dos
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/30/97 7:44 AM Pacific Standard Time

Luck to you Gnort, may your skills shine through for you.

~Your friend,
Ellisa~

::a stamp of a dragon adorns the bottom of the parchment::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:10 am

Date: 8/30/97 10:54 AM Pacific Standard Time

And people say I am a whiner, sheesh?

::chuckles and steps away::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/30/97 12:08 PM Pacific Standard Time

Arlingond,

I am so sure your record would be about equal should you actually duel as much as I do. If you have a problem with me challenging, you may as well bring it to me or take your place in line to challenge me. Rest assured, My sword will speak indeed speak for me. In the upcoming duel and any after.

*G*
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 8/30/97 12:28 PM Pacific Standard Time

::scribbles a note loving when her husband challanges since she always get a new outfit::

Go Baby!! I love you........

Prin
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:11 am

Date: 8/30/97 12:49 PM Pacific Standard Time

>> I am so sure your record would be about equal should you actually duel as much as I do <<

Lets get real Gnort.....

Should you get lucky enough to fall within your 40% winning percentage and win this ring, know that I will be challenging you. Oh, and don't count on your loyalty to Dalamar protecting you in this one, for I think he will let me proceed and kick your arse.

Think about it,

Arlingond
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:11 am

Date: 8/30/97 1:14 PM Pacific Standard Time

Arlingond,

Where shall I begin? Hmm... I'll just sum up the lecture. Grow up. Learn to show a little respect no matter what, especially in public forums. That's all.

Oh.... and by the way, don't judge a Warlord by their ranking. Judge them by their heart and commitment to the duel. From what I've read of your, in my eyes at the moment, unfounded animosity toward G'nort... you are severely lacking in at least one category. If you have some quarrel with G'nort, keep it out of my sight and outside the rings. Challenge all you want should he win... just keep your bitter, hateful words to a minimum here. It's getting very, very old. And now that I think about
it, this is not just directed at Arlingond, but to any who seek to do the same.

Disheartened,

Nova Grey Shadow
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:13 am

Date: 8/30/97 1:29 PM Pacific Standard Time

>> Challenge all you want should he win... just keep your bitter, hateful words to a minimum here. <<

I have not made one personal comment towards Gnort. So that it can be on the record, I think he is a fine person. From what I have seen of him in the arena, I base this opinion. I only question his skill at present to make this challenge. Since you seem to be reading something else here, please inform me as to what that might be?

Telling someone to grow up? That shows your character, no? I had made *no* such comments to this Warlord. I show only a questioning of skill here, and in a competitive sport as this, that is my right. So, go back and re-read you value system before you jump on someone.

Sincerely,

Arlingond