The Guardian at War

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

The Guardian at War

Post by DoS Archive » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:02 am

Date: 16 Feb 2000 01:26:05 EST

Shat looks over his right shoulder with curiosity, wondering if his son is following him again, this time going for the kill. As he turns around he sees nothing more than an empty beach, the sparkling ocean water softly tiding over his boots. It has been a long time since he has been in the arena, doing his job of protecting the HOSTs. A thought passes through his mind, "Does
anyone even know I'm gone?". He shakes his head and walks on.
He has been fighting now, at war, not against his brother as the general of Polaris's army, but for The House of Sin, just a guild war. "Just a guild war?" he thought. "No...many people are dying. This is a war, thankfully with a low body count." The water splashing with each step he takes, footprints seeming to be meaningless since noone has searched for him..not even his fiancee Sarana whom he hasn't seen for months now. With a deep sigh he walks
over to a boat, setting himself inside and making sure all of his supplies are there. "To think I was once the big news in RhyDin...the original, like Jonalyn. I was respected, known. Now I'm just a mercenary? No...that can't be true...I'm a knight. I've fought for Cletus, I would do it again if he would ask." He takes a look back to his trail, seeing that the waves have covored his tracks.
Shat shakes his head and starts untieing the rope which attaches his boat to the shore's dock. "Sarana...I will be back. I promise ye that. Noone has ever defeated me before in all my quests and wars...noone will keep us apart." Shat says this to the air, hoping she will hear those words by some unimagined force. However he knows his words were a lie, not because he wouldn't return, but because he knew there was someone he couldn't defeat. His son
Xandier is stronger, faster, more agile, and better skilled than he ever has been or would be, and has lost to him already. Shat looks over to the sunset over the ocean and makes his way to the front of his ship as he opens the sails. As he sails off, the shadow of his evil son, Xandier, becomes projected along the hull of the ship, representing his presence aboard.