Third Baron's Ring

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Third Baron's Ring

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:24 pm

Date: 9/6/97 7:57 PM Pacific Standard Time

On this day, September 6, 1997, the match for possession of the Third Baron's Ring of the Duel of Swords was held. Warlord Heath Duncan Connor MacCormack challenged Renegade Baron Steven Glowacki for the right to wear this coveted prize.

Warlord Heath MacCormack was seconded by Baron AJ Bird and also the Lady Jonalyn Starfare. His colors were navy, gold, and white. His weapon was Skyye, an amethyst encrusted claymore with a swatch of Buchanan clan tartan colored green, gold, and teal and also adorned with a peacock encrusted scarf of Raietha.

Baron Steven Glowacki stood alone and dueled under the colors red, white, and black.

The match was held in the Battlefield and officiated by RDI Golden.

Results are as follows:

Heath MacCormack Steven Glowacki
1. High Cut 1 - 1 Low Cut
2. Low Cut 1 - 2 Thrust
3. Stop Hit 1 - 2 Fancy Lateral Parry
4. Fancy Sidestep 1 - 2 Fancy Sidestep
5. Thrust 2 - 3 Thrust
6. Sidestep 2 - 4 Low Cut
7. Thrust 3 - 4 High Cut
8. Low Cut 3 - 4 Low Cut
9. Fancy Sidestep 3 - 4 Fancy Duck
10. High Cut 3 - 4 High Cut
11. Low Cut 4 - 4 Fancy Sidestep
12. Thrust 5 - 4 Low Cut

Thus Warlord Heath MacCormack defeated Baron Steven Glowacki 5 - 4 in 12 well fought rounds to claim the Third Baron's Ring.

Signed,
Goldendust Evermeadow
Duel of Swords Official
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:24 pm

Date: 9/6/97 8:11 PM Pacific Standard Time

I shall keep this brief. Well won, Baron. You did well to comeback and outlast me to the end. I look forward to seeing your reign, and hope it lasts much longer than mine.

-Steven Glowacki

One more thing: Finally, a challenge without any debates. Finally.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:25 pm

Date: 9/6/97 8:13 PM Pacific Standard Time

Steven...

...were you to open your eyes, you'd see that there was one but a mere three eves past, between Dexter Montoya and Daegarth Mithmellon.

Not to draw away from the accomplishment, but let's be fair and note that there have been more than just one, suddenly, this evening.

~irm
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:26 pm

Date: 9/6/97 8:24 PM Pacific Standard Time

Thank you for pointing that out Iain. It is my mistake. My eyes are often turned away from RhyDin, and I miss such events.

-Steven Glowacki
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/6/97 9:10 PM Pacific Standard Time

Well won Chickie! So is it gonna be Baron Chickmeister or just plain old Chickie? I'll leave it up ta ya Heath.

::grins and strolls off to buy some premium feed as Chickie is more important now::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/7/97 10:08 PM Pacific Standard Time

Well Won Heath!!!! ..Fer meselfah'm glads ya defeated one tha thought o a Barony within th duels as jes a piece o jewelry...also ah'm heartened ta see tha this barony will be held by sumone as honorable as yerself....Me most humble apologies fer nha bein ther in person though ah send me wishes fer a long reign wit few challenges o ya

Xy
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:28 pm

Date: 9/8/97 9:38 PM Pacific Standard Time

Congratulations Heath, and well duelled, but cut it out with the comeback wins and just win! :)

Drake.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:29 pm

Date: 9/10/97 12:06 PM Pacific Standard Time

((I must take a moment to appologize for the lateness of this response))
From the moment that a close friend called me into Rhy-Din (Myriddin/RDI Ranger) I had fallen love wit tha rings. From the start I had a dream to one day gain one of tha coveted rings and at last some years later I haf been graced wit tha' honor.
When I made tha challenge I was errant in tha I did nae look to tha standins fer nearly a month and was totally unawars tha Steve's holdin of tha ring was soo short lived. I deeply appologize friend fer tha'.
But I must commend ya in tha' I had many doubts o' tha goings on in the rings. I haf heard mana a grumblins about the challenges and mana a whisper o tha conflicts emerging from them and only hopes tha it would be an honorable and hard fought battle...and win or loose leave tha ring tha night wit the feeling and pride tha it was honorable and well fought.
Thankee Steve fer the opportunity and tha upholding o' tha dream. You are a true asset to tha rings and hope ta one day serve along side ya as a fellow Baron

Heath Duncan Connor MacCormack
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:29 pm

Date: 9/10/97 12:09 PM Pacific Standard Time

::laughing heartily at the wee one::
In tha' the title was first worn by you friend It would be an honor ta carry the title on in yer name....Baron Chickie it is

Bawk Bawk Bawk
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:30 pm

Date: 9/10/97 12:12 PM Pacific Standard Time

Friend yer thoughts were as good as yer presence. I thankee fer tha support and of tha support of all tha were wit me in mind and body tha' night. I too hope tha' I am able ta rule long not fer tha reason of tha ring...it is a piece o' jewelry.....tis the honor of tha position tha I strive ta uphold and of the responsibility tha it carries I hope tha I am worthy ta do so

Heath Duncan Connor MacCormack