The Arts of...

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

The Arts of...

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:36 am

Date: 30 May 2000 15:12:08 EDT

The Art of Friendship

"Are you sure they sent no reply?" Ellisa stood firmly on the deck of her ship, it was there she looked right somehow, a grace that was lacking when she was bound to shore bloomed to it's full potential out on the waves.

"Positive," the woman that answered her radiated the same type of grace if in a different manner as she balanced herself easily on a nearby rail.

Some of her crew were on deck tossing dice while others worked busily on the ropes and sails, preparing for a short run down the coast.

Ellisa bit back the sigh that was forming, her blue eyes scanned the darkening skies as if the answers she sought were there. "Well then, we shall have to send a more convincing invitation," the very thought lighting a wicked gleam in an otherwise cold glare. "Perhaps we were not specific enough the first time as we were distracted by the initial task at hand.
If we extend the list of recipients I am certain we can find some ... satisfaction."

Indeed if she was correct they could garner a large margin more than was originally believed. She glanced at the woman that so casually hung upon the rail of her ship and a soft laugh broke out, "If nothing else we could sell him for a pretty penny or two at the markets in Athens, he does have a few prize ribbons after all ... and since he is already a used stallion..."

She began to let that thought trail away, afterall she never went for a man that wasn't interested and she doubted that the woman she spoke with was either, "Then again, perhaps we could offer him up to his jailor if she promises not to damage the goods."

Now that was an image worth the raucous laugh that Ellisa enjoyed at it, "But for now, I have some good scotch and a few hours before my next "meeting," would you like to check on the package now or later?"