Closing time...

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Closing time...

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:38 am

Date: 30 May 2000 23:14:01 EDT

The last patron stumbled drunkenly from the smoke-filled tavern, Lidya had already started sweeping up and was preparing to mop the now stained floorboards. Two men manned the bar, one in front on a stool, the other behind pouring each a fill of ale.
"So that's it eh boss?" the man on the stool asked while reaching for the drink before him.
Huma nodded a response then added, "Ayep, that's it. We're now closed." He let out a soft sigh, then shrugged away whatever thought was plaguing him at that moment.
Lidya hearing this part of the conversation between the two men, headed toward the door and posted a sign she had prepared for his night. To all who walked by, the sign said "Closed until further notice".
"So what's to become of the team?" Gudarien asked inquisitively.
"Haven't gotten that far yet, Gud. Things aren't what they used to be, people have either changed or left." Huma shook his head, allowing himself yet another inward sigh before continuing, "I just can't do this anymore, dueling...I gave it up a while ago cause it's no fun anymore, this tavern...time to give it up as well I think. Without Aja being around...I just don't think I..." Huma cut himself off, not sure as to what his thoughts really were.
"I'll tell ya Gud, I never figured out how I got here from my homeland, but I do know how to get back now, and maybe it's time I returned." Huma's comment was flat and even, no emotion was evident. Gudarien just nodded in a near understanding.
"The team will have to be decided upon. I do so hate to push the issue, but it is a matter that should not be pushed away for long." Gudarien said coolly before taking a drink from his mug.
"Right...I do owe the others that much consideration I guess. Perhaps I will let one of you guys take over as captain, or whatever." Huma nodded as he considered a few options.
Gudarien nodded an approval before finishing off his mug of ale. He slowly stood after finishing the drink, and let loose a long well deserved stretch before excusing himself from the tavern to head home to his cottage. Huma watched Lidya mop the floors down, saying very little to the recently hired girl. He shook his head and sighed a few times, thinking of all the memories the place held. Aja had bought the tavern for him which they were married,
his son wandered in and out whenever he could get away from the nanny. Friends had come to drink, duel and laugh here with him.
...And now the doors would possibly be closed and locked for good.