UNcommoners

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

UNcommoners

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:40 pm

Date: 9/8/97 9:33 PM Pacific Standard Time

((sorry all, Felt Aja's post was getting a bit lost))

Fellow Duelers of DoS ( as opposed to Magic or Fists),
Some of you know me, some do not, it bothers me not. I was once, and just soon might be again an. . .::borrows Sid's phrase:: 'Eternal Commoner' at least it seemed that way to me. I have seen a little in my short stay here at DoS. ::stops to think:: Where was I going again?

Anyway. . . the discussion was about commoners. I am always willing to duel anyone. I have seen many a commoner with the 'UNCANNY' skill and style of some Warlords I know. Some of the newer duelers, seem to have a great working knowledge of the rules, etc regardless of how inept they may come across.

I am never looking for the *easy* win. I don't think there is such a thing. I think even up by 4 points, I get attacked by the SGDs.::thinks:: Scratch that, I have never been up by 4 points, but you get the idea. Someone told me tonight that they prefer to duel people they know because it lessens the "X" factor somewhat. I can understand this somewhat. Having never dueled the Overlord, for example, I would rather duel him than the Lord of Hail. Nothing against his Hailness, as I am sure he is a very
fine dueler, it just eliminates some of the unknowns.

More and more, I see Warlords dueling for PWs. This too I understand. Fortunately for me, it will be a while before I appear on any list. Although I have seen my name on a few as Caller. These warlords have one thing in mind and that is there pe. . .perog. . . Help me out Love. ::spits it out:: Prerogative. I welcome the new and old duelers to chose how they will treat others based on how they where treated in this aspect and how it made them feel.

I myself have enjoyed many a duel with Ajay, Adonai, and Dem, and Alyxz to mention a few. I have also enjoyed many a duel with newcomers to the arena as of late. I like a change every now and then. I mean How many times can you think, there's No Way so and so will open with a cut again only to get wacked up side the head whilst stepping away, Or So and so ALWAYS opens with a Hi cut, only to have your Fanciest Parry Slashed to bits.

So give the new guy a chance. Worst case, you get *Bagged* 5-0 in 5. Best case, you show a newcomer how the community of DoS treats it's own. I think the chances of the good over ruling the bad are pretty good here.

And to the Newcomers reading this, Welcome to Duel of Swords. In the ((keyword~~>))FFGF you will find the Dueling Center, which not only provides access to the dueling Arenas but also contains some good reading material.::would almost consider it required reading:: I look forward to seeing you all in my rings and not on my ToS reports.

Can I get a Big Duel of Swords welcome to all the new commers.

Daemon Satyriasis
~~F.E.S.o.R~~
Dueler of Swords
~~~STAFF~~~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:40 pm

Date: 9/8/97 9:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

Welcome !!!!!

I must agree Dae! variety is the spice of life and it definately keeps you on your toes, especially when a few unamed warlords try and slip in and start a new record without jeopardizing ther standings:: grins:: That *never* happens, Right?
::smiles and slips out:::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:41 pm

Date: 9/8/97 10:24 PM Pacific Standard Time

>>Can I get a Big Duel of Swords welcome to all the new commers.<<

Welcome, Grab a sword and hack on someone you love.

Badger
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/9/97 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time

>>Welcome, Grab a sword and hack on someone you love.

Badger<<

::shrugs at Badger then chuckles::

I've done this... he wiped the ring with me... but I dueled..

Colleen
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/9/97 7:55 AM Pacific Standard Time

::chuckles:: and just think Dae...someday we might even pull off that fancy stophit

Dem
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:42 pm

Date: 9/9/97 1:06 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Has pulled off a Fancy Stop-Hit against a Fancy Thrust once::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/9/97 2:41 PM Pacific Standard Time

<<::Has pulled off a Fancy Stop-Hit against a Fancy Thrust once::>>

Now, *that's* a feat to be seen! ::laughs::

::borrows her title back from Daemon:: :P

~Sidartha
The Eternal Commoner of the DoS
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/9/97 8:14 PM Pacific Standard Time

<<::borrows her title back from Daemon:: :P>>

Sid, I said I would return to being an Eternal Commoner.

We all know you are THE Eternal Commoner :Þ

Luv,
Dae
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:43 pm

Date: 9/9/97 8:22 PM Pacific Standard Time

::chuckles::

I know...I was just playing, Dae ::hug::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:43 pm

Date: 9/9/97 8:36 PM Pacific Standard Time

If you cannot win at Four points up, youre quite the half-wit.
We need no more commoners. Stay away from this place.
Zhan
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:44 pm

Date: 9/9/97 9:01 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Smiles an evil grin quite uncommon for her::

Rad, dear... I do hope you don't mean what you said about not needing more commoners. You see, Dae and I have talked about my starting to duel soon. When that happens, I'll of course be just another *commoner*.
Also, I think that you possibly you might have misunderstood Dae's post. He didn't say that he couldn't win when up by four. He said somthing else entirely.

Khrysta Le`igh Satyriasis
Wife and Mother to be
Future Commoner ::Grins::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/9/97 9:01 PM Pacific Standard Time

::tilts his head at this Zhan's reply. Pens a quick response on the unused section of parchment::

Zhan,
I only said that the SGDs still come.I mean if you're up by 4 you start to want the Skunk 5-0 win, and that's when the Demons come.

And the we need no more commoners?
Zhan, if that is truely your name you are new to these parts or just returned for in my six short months of time in Rhydin I have never seen Zhan in any ring. Your attitude strikes me being from one of the higher ranks, Warlord most likely. I haven't figured out who yet, but i know it is someone who although skilled with a blade seems to be a bit skittish about direct confrontation. That in itself rules out a Large portion of the Warlords. I can only hope you are not the pen-name of someone who I like.

Still wondering,
Daemon Satyriasis
~~F.E.S.o.R~~
Dueler of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/9/97 9:19 PM Pacific Standard Time

:Pens a short note::

My apologies to both Zhan and Rad. I didn't fully read the note, as a portion was covered with another. I thought that perhaps it sounded a bit like Rad, and replied as if it were. Later, in re-reading it, I discovered the signature that had been tucked under the other note. Again, both of you.... I am sorry

~~Khrysta
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:45 pm

Date: 9/10/97 3:17 AM Pacific Standard Time

Eh...no problem, Khrys.
-Rad
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:45 pm

Date: 9/10/97 12:51 PM Pacific Standard Time

::steps up to the board and reads all the posts::

Hey can I borrow that eternal commoner title awhile? I think I need it. ::grins:: Dae, bravo on the post. Commoners serve a purpose..if only to make the Swordsman feel better. And you're right about "newbies" some of them are naturals..these phenoms will smack you upside the head when you aren't looking for it for one of two reasons A> Pure luck or B> They have watched and know noone's gonna look for that. Bravo to them too. Keeps the rest of us on our toes.
Khrysta, can't wait to see ya kickin booty with the rest of us..it'll be fun!!::thinks a minute::
Or is that getting your booty kicked? ::shrugs:: either way, It's fun.

See ya all soon!!!

~Aja~
~also an eternal commoner~