In Defense of Overlord Taylara

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

In Defense of Overlord Taylara

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:21 pm

Date: 06 Aug 2000 15:43:36 EDT

My Dear Fandral Kurgan,

In response to your personal post I have reviewed both your words and my response. Since you have acted with courtesy and respect I will return the same.

The two posts you inquired about were in response to posts made by none other than Duc Percival Merchand de Clerment. If he wishes to respond to them that is his right.

Perhaps it would help if you saw things from my perspective. Avery is to whom my ultimate loyalty lies. Having said that my responsibility is then that I protect the Overlord and her Loyals as best my pen and perhaps more direct action in the future can offer. Events will determine the latter outcome.

If Taylara has a fault is she tends to be too gracious and tries to hard to take the burden of Overlordship on her shoulders. So many in our fair realm twist and distort the words written that eventually any set of conditions becomes muddy and difficult to perceive.

I speculate the following. Taylara and Ariadne speak as one though each have and will provide their individual responses. Taylara as the Overlord need not justify her actions as related to the challenges against her benign rule. That she did respond served only to give her enemies another opportunity to distort and interpret to their satisfaction what she stated. In my opinion Taylara would best be served by not giving her enemies written
statements for them to pick apart like jackals at a foul feast. Perhaps that answers your first query.

As to your remarks on Zen it is quite easy to believe that someone who publically desires something can and will use underhanded methods and subterfuge to realize their goal. To suggest that Zen, or anyone else for that matter will not act out of self-interest assumes that all men and women are honorable. Unfortunately, events and words amply prove this to not be the case.

Your final remark toward Taylara in which you call her missive a "..marked improvement..." is the statement to which I based my "Damning with faint praise comment". You do give her credit, but it is of the reluctant kind.

I have answere your questions as best I can and with as civil langauge as my temperment permits. I hope this is satisfactory.

Your humble servant,

Andrew Pyre