Aslant

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Aslant

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:50 pm

Date: 14 Aug 2000 17:49:53 EDT

The Arena seemed to be a part of him. As Tristan said, watching Derek with his scabbard at his side and his knuckles rapping rhythmically across it, "I believe you'd be lost without that piece of junk you call a blade." A smile etched across Derek's lips as he reminisced.
Perhaps, no matter how guilty he is, Tristan was correct. Everything felt so aslant, and so imbalanced. His frail green eyes blanketed the Arena for a brief moment. He relinquished a sharp breath before he pivoted and proceeded in the opposite direction.
His lips embraced the unlit cigarette and puckered about it. Aiglentine snaked her arms about Derek's torso as he moved, "I'm going to miss you, Drey," and her lips folded over his for a melodramatic, but romantic motivation for his departure.
The cigarette bobbed jerkily betwixt the swells of his lips and he hung his arm lifelessly over a shoulder of hers, whispering, "I promise to bring you back a snifter of Chardonnay." Drey's tongue clicked against her ear, and he gave her a saucy wink.

((Author's Note: Well, this was just an excuse for my REAL leave. I'll be gone for approximately a month in California with a few friends. :) ))