Climb and Descent (SL)

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Climb and Descent (SL)

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:36 am

Date: 25 Sep 2000 01:20:10 EDT

Ygrane moved slowly toward him, her slender young figure ghost-like under the full, powerful moon. Her lionish chin and undefinably graceful form showed clearly her royal decent, and in her eyes was the mark of a thousand years. The wind rose up around her, blowing her green semitransparent cover up in front of her. Her beauty was astonishing, nothing short
of goddess-like. Her long, strong blond hair blew up and fell over her bare white breasts and she smiled coyly at Falon.

Her magic surrounded him, and he knew that it was not just the half light of night, nor her simple physical beauty that held him so still. Aware of her magical presence he tried to rid himself of the faint persuasive magical aura that she so bewitchingly cast before herself. It didnt work.

Her fingers reached out and layed themselves across his brow, and instantly he relaxed. "My queen...." he spoke softly as he knew this was goodbye for a long time. His head bowed, he found himself staring uneasily at her feet.

"Fear not, guid Fallon, for I 'ave prepared your way." She smiled warmly as he looked up at her. "And donnae worry about me, guid Falon, I have still thirteen of your feral homeguard to protect me." "Yes, the fiana will protect you well." "Indeed, and as their captain, this is your duty." Ygrane moved behind the sitting Falon, and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Are you ready Falon?" "... Yes."

"Falon Durai FirGyrwn, I charge you with the task of seeking out the magics of our sister lands on the branch called Rhydin. There you will partake in training to better suit yourself for the risks that lie ahead in your future. Do you understand these tasks?" "I do."

A smile perched itself lightly again on queen Ygrane's lips. "Then lie down." Falon let his body rest back onto the soft bitter grass. Ygrane knelt above his head, and put her soft fingers on his cheeks. She looked him over, his pale obviously Gaelic body speckled and bare, the soft glow of the moon reflecting off of his skin. He wore nothing but a thick choker band of copper around his neck. Falon's eyes met Ygrane, and when they did, he could
have sworn he was looking right through her to the stars.

All was lost, what was known to him, he was now ignorant toward, and his wraith body floated out of his physical form. Slowly, he began to climb the Storm Tree. After hours of climbing up the knobby, giagantic tree, he looked down and saw the physical Earth spiraling miles below him. He had passed the Raven branch already, as well as most of the branches that held his gods. Finally he came to the branch that he knew he was looking for. He looked
out across it, and beheld the ethereal conglomeration of Rhydin's spirit. He stepped onto the branch and lost himself in the swirl of colors.

He awoke sleep-falling, and when his eyes opened he beheld the verdant branches of the Rhydin forest. Lying naked, he righted himself and looked around. There beside him, as Ygrane had promised, were suitable clothes, and his long blunted broadsword in scabbard. He clothed himself quickly as he could, though still light headed from his spiritual journey. Finding his bearings, he headed toward town.

((OOC Note: This character (Falon) as well as subsequent Story lines are inspired by Attanasio's The Dragon and the Unicorn))