Going Home..

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Going Home..

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:55 pm

Date: 9/14/97 12:16 PM Pacific Standard Time

The courier had come absurdly early in the morning.. Elle was just waking up as she heard the hollow pound on the door of her room at the Golden Ivy Tavern..

"What th'.. hold yer horses.. I'm a comin'.." She muttered on as she slowly rolled from the bed and put on enough clothing to be respectable.. sauntering over toward the door and opening it, her head peeked out of the door, only to meet the face of a small, black-haired courier with his hand extended, a small envelope with the family seal signalling that it must be something important.

She quickly snatched the letter from his hand, exchanging it with a few gold pieces and almost curtly shutting the door on him. She spun about and leaned back against the door, her fingers tearing at the envelope, anxious to open it and read whatever it may conceal within its cream color..

Elle,

I know you wish not to be bothered in your new home and life.. but I felt this to be urgent enough to call upon you. Da has fallen ill.. he is confined to the house and unable to run the estate like he used to. I would like to request that you move back with us to live, helping me run the home and the various things that go with it.. Come as soon as you can, there is dire importance in this.

~Neil McBride

Her mouth was agape as she finished reading the letter that would trigger a series of drastic changes in her life... she quickly tucked it under her belt and went farther into her room, immediately drawing out bags and beginning to pack the small litter of belongings she had..
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:56 pm

Date: 9/14/97 12:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

It was well before mid day on the morrow when she was finished packing her things and getting them in some sort of an order to take with her on the long journey..

While she was packing, amidst thoughts of her father.. her brother's letter.. the castle.. her mind could not help but stray back to the place she now considered to be her home, the town of RhyDin... and more importantly the walls that encompassed the DoS.. her emerald eyes misted as she thought of the great friendships she had developed and the great people she was proud to call such.. in the back of her mind, she would always be in RhyDin, her soul always clutched dearly within the holds of the arena..

As she hopped up on the horse that would take her on the long journey home.. she veered over to the side, brandishing a small letter she had prepared for the board in the arena.. she slowly trailed down the all-too familiar stairs.. her fingertips running affectionately along the railing, memories from the past flooding back, so hard she could not keep from shedding tears..

She placed the post up on the board with a single tack.. walking back up the stairs and turning to take one last look at the place that would always hold her heart..

(s) I will return one day.. one day..

And with that, she stepped from the arena and began her journey home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
DoS Community and Friends,

As some of you may have heard, I am leaving RhyDin for what appears to be an extended amount of time. My father has fallen ill.. and I fear that he is not able to keep up the maintenance of the castle as he was able to do so long ago. I also miss home, so for those aforementioned reasons, I will be taking my leave.
I would like to thank those of you who have showed me friendship, hospitality, and kindness, both in the rings and out. Everyone will always hold a special place in my heart, and I wish the best in all endeavors for each of you.
If I ever return, I would most enjoy dueling and drinking with my old friends.. so don't everyone run away. ; ) Safe travels and best wishes.

~Elle McBride

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

((Okay, for those of you that don't know the OOC reasons for me giving up RPing at the present.. the profession that I'm in demands time, and I am working 12+ hours a day.. on top of that is the newly opening library that I am an intricate part of, therefore giving any extra time I did have to RP and making it go poof. : ) I don't know when I'll be back.. or if I ever will, though I know a lot of you will lose sleep over it. Heh. ::daring glance:: Like Elle, I will miss everyone, especially those that I
was close to in the mundane department. Role-Playing has become a part of my life that I will remember fondly, and I hope everyone has nothing but good memories to take with them. In Christ Alone, Ellen.))
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/14/97 1:16 PM Pacific Standard Time

::he goes and gets a small blank-paged book, writing on the cover, "for Elle"::

::he pens inside::
Well, what can I say, except that you will be dearly missed.. I'll leave this book here, with hopes that everyone else will pen their best wishes in it, and it will be kept for your hopeful return.
From all in the Alabaster family, our thoughts are with you and yours, and we hope for the best.

-Perri
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/14/97 1:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

::he walked up to the boards and read Elle's message, noding sadly as he neared the bottom::
::he picked up a pice of paper, and withdrew a pen::
::he bit his lip hastefully and wrote upon the paper in his best penmenship::

There's a million things I want to say now, however I will say only one: I will miss you.

~Sky
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:57 pm

Date: 9/14/97 2:04 PM Pacific Standard Time

Elle~

In the short time that I've known you, you've always been a dear, sweet person that has had to endure far more than you should have. Your presence will always be missed.

Safe travels, and may the light never leave your eyes.

~Sid
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:57 pm

Date: 9/14/97 2:07 PM Pacific Standard Time

Elle:

Fair travels an' may ya always find a bit o' bread in ya pouch an' wine in ya bota bag.

~~Summer~~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:58 pm

Date: 9/14/97 2:58 PM Pacific Standard Time

Elle....

So few moments we've spent together, and always in a crowded room. But in those moments, your shining light fell upon me and welcomed me with a smile. I'll never forget that and thank you for it. I wish you well and pray for you and your family's well being. Hopefully, fate will be kind and we'll see one another again....for such friends are rare to find.

Until that day,
In the wind....
~Syra
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/14/97 6:01 PM Pacific Standard Time

Elle,

I hope ya fin' yer da improvin' when ya return home and are able tae return.

And as the old Irish saying goes... "May the hinges of our friendship never grew rusty.

Collie
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/14/97 6:25 PM Pacific Standard Time

::presenting a frown after reading the message, then marking his own in the book::

Elle,

At the moment, memories of the small time we've spent together flow through my mind, all of them good ones. I as well will always hold a spot in my heart for you, and it shall not be whole again until you return. I wish your father a quick and speedy recovery, and you the same for a return. I'll miss you dearly.

Yours truly,

Philip
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:59 pm

Date: 9/14/97 6:42 PM Pacific Standard Time

McBride,

What to say? Love ya when you're around, love ya when you're not. I'll be here waitin' for ya when ya come to visit, or whatever. I'm not going to shed even one tear, 'cause I know I'll see or hear from you again. Drop a line, sometime. Or courier, if ya don't know what a phone is.

~Grins and huggles,
Buffy.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/14/97 11:19 PM Pacific Standard Time

My dear friend...

I had so hoped you would be here for the birth of mine and Perri's child, but I well understand the need to be by your father's side at this time. Be well Elle, and know that even if Gnortie rents out your room at the Golden Ivy, there will always be room for you at the Alabaster Manor.

Drake.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/14/97 11:39 PM Pacific Standard Time

Fare Thee well, lass.

::will miss her enthusiasm greatly::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:00 pm

Date: 9/15/97 2:50 AM Pacific Standard Time

::snifsnif::
::not as the joke, but as he will sincerly miss seeing her in the arena and in his tavern::

Elle...

Best of luck to you and yours, darlin, I think you know who'll miss you here.

::smiles and snifsnif for the fun::

Gnort
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/15/97 1:43 PM Pacific Standard Time

Ele,

Thee shall be missed and remembered. May thy journey find thy father in health. Indeed, I know what it means to miss home. May the road rise gently beneath thy feet and the wind be ever at thy back.

Signed,

Jona
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/15/97 2:20 PM Pacific Standard Time

::wanders up to the boards and reads the message. Seeng the book Perri had left for messages, she turned to a clean page and wrote a hort reply::

Elle,

I'm gonna miss seein ya bounce into the arena, and miss all the times we sat and razzed on Rad. No one does it better than you. ::smiles:: But I wish you strength upon your return home, safe travels there and for the return back. For I know, one of these days when we least expect it, we'll see ya bound into the arena and hear ya laughin once more. Fair thee well, Elle. Know that you will be missed.

Your friend,
~Aja~

((Good luck on the library project and hey, get some sleep would ya? 12 hour days are killers! Take care of you!!))