setting a trap

Read-only archive for the Duel of Magic
DoM Archive
Archivist

setting a trap

Post by DoM Archive » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:18 pm

Date: 8/29/98 10:25 PM Eastern Standard Time

Seth came on to the island after hours, so not to attract suspicion. He stood on the edge of a cliff, breathing in the salt air. "exquisite, just exquisit. With everything that's going on, I'll have to set my plans into motion a bit early. But no matter, the outcome will be the same."
He explored the island, searching for one of the goblins that lived there. He would need a pawn to do his dirty work for him. He thought for a moment. Would it be better if he just did it himself? exposing his plans just to make sure the job got done? No, no plan was foolproof, and just incase he did fail, he wouldn't get a second shot. and if it did suceed, the repercussions would be devastating on his reputation.
He found a lone goblin, hanging around the bar. "exuse me, goblin. I have need for you."
The goblin looked at him kind of funny. After all, who would want a goblin? "what you have need of me for?"
"I want you to give something to Luna mask the next time she shows up. I assume you know the woman I'm talking about? I will pay you very handsomely if you do." H estood in a nonagressive stance, arms at his side and though he hated doing it, a smile on his face.
The goblin's eyes lit up at the mention of Luna's name. She was never very nice to the island's goblins and it would be good to get back at her in one way or another. "What I must do?"
"Just give her this package. I'll pay you now." he handed the goblin a puch of coins and a small package, sealed by some simple lines. He then walked back the the edge of the island and flew off to continue his plan.