Aching for a fight

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Aching for a fight

Post by DoS Archive » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:48 pm

Date: 13 Jul 2001 22:10:39 EDT

"One...two...THREE" The count exploded from Billy's lips in machine gun regularity as he struck the log with vast, openhanded chops. His knuckles has long since become a bloody mass of twisted flesh as he was forced to move from punching the old oak log to striking it overhand and then ridge-style. Already the wounds on his knuckles we closing, becoming new
again.

This waist thick log had become the focus of his frustrations the past week. After coming home to find the Dead Nicholas gutted, Kaprielle missing and his whole staff AWOL, he has been venting his anger on this felled giant. His skin had taken on a bronze tone from the hours spent under the sun training and sweat ran down his muscular frame in rivulets.

When his body shredding fury outpaced his regenerative powers he was switched stance and began alternating his shin kicks, hardly heading the pain his augmented strength was causing himself. His face was locked in a rictus of anger, his green eyes feral and dangerous as he focused all his rage and pain upon his arboreal foe.

He'd pause only long enough to drink some water and heal his wounds before he back, pounding out years of frustration, cleansing himself through self torture. Unconsciously, as time went on, he began to mumble a mantra to himself. He was unaware of what was said, his whole being was run on instinct, nothing more. The mantra gain power, his voice rose in volume as he heard the first groan of surrender from the oak. A stead rain of oversized fists
pummeled the hapless tree and even this giant, who had endured hundreds of years, succumbed to a more deadly foe.

"I will not be denied....I will not be denied..I will not be denied Iwillnotbedenied.." He said faster and faster, his voice climbing from a hoarse whisper to a thunderous roar, his strikes quickening to a blinding pitch onto the cracked and blood soaked log.

"I WILL NOT BE DENIED!" He roared out and struck one last thunderous blow that split the massive log in two. He staggered back, his body spent and his anger flagging.
He wiped the blood from his hands onto his pants and picked up his backpack.

"I will not be denied," He whispered to himself as he stumbled off towards home.