The end o' love

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

The end o' love

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:02 pm

Date: 9/19/97 6:33 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Morte walks slowly in the meadow behind the house, a white rose in her hand. White for fidelity, the rose for love. She turns and hears the childrens voices echoing out of the house. Her thoughts turn grim.....the darkness she fights daily threatening to undo her resolve. She walks farther to the tree where Adonai first spoke his love to her and a single tear runs down her cheek. She knows what is best.....the only true freedom from her pain::

"Adonai.....my heart will ne'er move past this"

::Morte sets the rose on the grass under the tree. Her eyes seek out the mountains in the distance....her hand draws the dagger.......She kneels in the grass in her long white satin dress, and points the dagger to her breast, both hands on the pommel. Her tears flow faster....and her hands thrust inwards...her last thought was of love.::

::Morte's spirit stands lookin down on her body in the white dress....red blood flowing down.::

"Morte"
::Morte looks around and her new eyes meet the familiar ones of Ravyn Song. Smiling softly, they join hands and walk into the trees::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:03 pm

Date: 9/19/97 7:47 PM Pacific Standard Time

::eyes downcast he recieves the news and a hollow feeling fills his soul::

" Big, dumb, Valheru " He says to himself, wiping a crystalline tear from his eye. " Tis your curse for marrying a mortal. "

Adonai went back home, sitting in his home in the trees of the once battle ruined lands of the Maran forest. Looking about at the home his wife had made from the rough creation of wood and trees he had made with his magic. The dull edge of anger being quelled by his inner peace.
He was interupted in his thoughts as his children, Agravain, his manlike face stoich and grim, trying hard to emulate the strength of his father in a time when his boyish heart wished to cry out, and Aislain, her cheeks flushed and rosy from a full day of crying. They came to him...Aislain sitting upon his knee and wrapping her arms about his neck....another peel of grief wailing out as his large hand stroked her hair and he placed a kiss upon her forehead. Agravain sitting on the arm of the large
chair...a hand on his fathers shoulder...almost in commiseration.
With a deep sigh Adonai looked up to his sons face. His sadness waning thin in the pride of his creation.
" My son, " Rubbing a battle worn hand across his forehead. " Tis with much thought I do this. I canna be here enough for ye and your sister in the way your mother was and you need much attention and tutledge that I canna give ye both. So I have asked King Scephoran to take you both in as Wards of the Crown...he and his wife Queen Amarayne will be able to provide you with the things I will not be able to give you in your schooling, for all I could teach you both would be the Way of the Blade and and
the Will and the Word, and to become your destinies....you need much more than I can give. "
Agravain nodded, trying to be a man, though tears had begun to flow down his cheeks, and grabbed his haversack, touching his sister on the shoulder, indicating it was time to go, as the personal guards of the King arrived to take them to Manir.
Adonai waved a inadequate goodbye from the top of the tree house steps as his children road off in the carriage, his daughters eyes never leaving the house as the group speed down the road.
He then set about the business. Reaching the forest floor he went to the bier upon which his wife lay, enshrouded in samite and white silk, his eyes lingering upon her features as the tears welled up again. He picked her up into his arms, her form still light as a feather even in death, and walked over the the hole he had dug earlier in the morning.
He placed her lightly into the grave, taking from his belt a single red rose, he looked upon it and spoke his will.
" Forever..." His spoke quietly, and the petals turned crystalline....becoming a rose of sculpted ruby. Adonai got down to one knee and placed the rose upon his wifes chest and utter a prayer to the Prime Urge in an ancient tongue...praying for her happiness as she passed into the immortal world of souls.
He stood slowly, making a motion with both hands the dirt on both sides of the grave turned over it and covered it quickly, the grass sprouting back as the dirt settled. Another word of arcanum and the house of trees fell back to its normal shape, vines growing up it quickly and sprouting in an explosion of roses.
Adonai whispered one more word of arcanum and a plaque of pure silver appeared in his hands, walking to the tree he spoke to the root brother and it grew forward...taking and affixing the plaque permanently to its trunk.

~Here Lies~
~MorteDulce~
~Beloved Wife~
Adonai paused, looking upon the grave, his spoke a word and the birds came down into the tree to sing their songs of loss to his beloved. Another word and the Vale was sealed...once more.
He turned....a tear in his eye and his heart heavy...to return to Ezogaer.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:03 pm

Date: 9/19/97 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time

::Kys walks slowly to the tree and reads the inscription that Adonai wrote. Her heart is heavy with the death o' her beloved sister. She takes a single white rose and places it beneath the plaque.::

"Good bye Morte. The gods speed ye te join our mother. The goddess hold ye in her bosom."

::Kys sighs deeply, tears rolling down her face. She takes a small bag o' herbs out of her pocket and sprinkles them o'er Morte's grave. She says a few words in the tongue o' their father, and turns slowly walking back into the trees to cry out her grief.::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:04 pm

Date: 9/20/97 1:16 PM Pacific Standard Time

::word quickly came to his estates, and with the word, came sorry. Morte had passed on::

::Tass looked to his children, and smiles softly as he noticed they were asleep. Then slowly, he turned his head to the skies, letting himself change to his true form. Taking a leap, he quickly soared into the clouds, and set his destination for her final resting place::

::time slowed as he moved in the skies, not wanting his children to be left alone too long with the danger that was looking for them. Soon, he reached the grove and landing beside her final resting place, not caring who sees the dragon near here::

::wispers a soft incantation, and a silver rose sets ontop of the grave::

::his voice low, from grief, and cause of his change in form::
I shall miss you, Angel...
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/20/97 6:33 PM Pacific Standard Time

::walks up to the tree, crying::

"Goodbye Morte, my dear friend. May you now find the happiness that you couldn't find whilst living among us. I will miss you dearly. You will forever be in my heart."

::places a pink rose beneath the plaque and turns with tears still flowing and says goodbye one last time::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/20/97 8:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

She leaves a blood red rose in rememberance. "I dinnae know ye except in passin'. I hope ye ha' found peace."
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:05 pm

Date: 9/21/97 12:17 AM Pacific Standard Time

::Sadly walks to the tree carrying a armful of white roses and lays them gently down::

<sw> I shall miss you Morte...::cries softly and walks away::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/21/97 8:24 AM Pacific Standard Time

::stands before the post silent and motionless. Minutes turn to hours as the sun makes it's way across the sky. A few others come and go. In his trance like state, they seem to leave Daemon to his silent mourning. He withdraws his boot knife from his left boot. Slicing a gash in his hand, he winces. He puts pressure on his palm forcing the blood to run before the wound heals itself. As the blood drips off his fingertips he speaks. "Goodbye swordsister, you will be missed by many." With that, he turns
and walks away.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/21/97 8:30 AM Pacific Standard Time

::kneels at the tree, laying down a rose from the nearby glade:: I will miss you Morte. ::stands and walks brsikly away, fighting back a tear::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:06 pm

Date: 9/21/97 1:16 PM Pacific Standard Time

::glances at the grave of the woman who caused him immense trouble through his stay here..turns on a heel and strides briskly away, eyes as dry as the desert floor::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/21/97 2:11 PM Pacific Standard Time

Hand in hand, Ulath and Jola walk up to the tree to read the silver plaque. Frowning, both of them, their hands tighten as their sadness grows. Quietly, Jola speaks to Ulath "I didn't know her well, love, but to me she was a kind, friendly lady. Such a shame."
Ulath enfolds Jola in a warm embrace as tears fill his wifes eyes. Speaking no more, arms around each other's waists, they leave.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 9/22/97 6:09 AM Pacific Standard Time

Watching her friends come and go to Morte's grave, Khrys waits for a time when she can be alone with her friend. At last it is nearing dusk, and much time has passed without seeing anyone else come to the grave. Satisfied that she can be alone, she sits under the tree, beside the grave.. crying for her friend's loss, and her grief. As her tears run unheeded down her cheeks, Khrys remembers Morte... her laugh, her way of holding her head just so when thinking, her infectious smile, the way she
helped Kys teach her to duel a bit, and the laughter over that shared experience. She places a lone flower.... a long stemmed , white Lily..... upon the grave.

"Morte.... I shall miss you, Dear... I already do."

Rising she realizes that she has spent hours thinking and crying, it is time to go now..... it is nearly dawn of a new day....
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:07 pm

Date: 9/22/97 9:04 AM Pacific Standard Time

::Aja walks up to Morte's grave Having many thoughts going through her head. Her conversation with Kys still ringing in her ears. She lays a snow white lily down on Morte's grave. The winds blow gently here, and the sun's rays grace the grave. Off to the side Aja plants a small seed and stands back to say a few words::

Morte hon, You and I talked many times. I shall miss hearing your voice. I don't know why you felt you had to do this. But I hope now you will rest. As that flower grows, your death will be remembered and your children will have a place to come and talk with you. Peaceful dreams friend.

::with a sad smile, she turns and heads for home.::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:07 pm

Date: 9/22/97 5:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

The day growing long he went back to the forest. A smile coming to his lips as he saw the momentos left for his beloved and the thoughts there behind them.
He sat upon the turf, his back against the tree that was once a home to his happiness.
"Lass....I am here." Adonai mused to the air. He looked out throught the trees at the setting suns and sat, letting the peace of the place envelop him.
" I miss you greatly lass....." The eyes of the immortal dry but his voice showing the pain of his loss. " I wish I had known.....or suspected...I wish I could have been there to stop this from happening."
Shaking his head he sits back once again, almost feeling the warmth of his wifes hand on his face and her eyes upon him.
" I hope that wherever you are lass,...you have found peace from the pain I could not take from you. "
He sat against the tree, watching the sun go down, truely feeling alone for the first time in an age. He took a deep breath to fortify against the loneliness and the pain, but had little success. He crossed his arms over his chest to hold himself, the sounds of the birds that had been his wifes' friends in this forest singing out in their joy of another day done.
Adonai sighed and stood...heading for the path, as he did a raven flew across the vale and landed on his shoulder. He looked upon it with wonder...the black eyes of the bird regarding him curiously. Adonai smiled to himself walked on, the bird hopping up to take flight...following him from tree to tree as he left the Maran vale and headed back towards town.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:08 pm

Date: 9/23/97 7:01 PM Pacific Standard Time

DAngeliqua follows the long shadows which lie across the meadow to the freshly turned earth. "Ah, Morte," she calls softly. "Tis not how I thought we would met again." She picks up the lone lily upon the grave, inhaling deeply. "Sister, tis long since we sat in our mother's garden, speaking of our hearts' desires among this blessed scent. What hath gone with the passing of your spirit will forever impoverish mine. God sped ye upon your journey. We shall meet again someday."

Gently, she placed the flower upon the grave then sat in the growing darkness, tears streaking down her face.

"Farewell, gentlewoman."