Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge Date for the First

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:08 pm

Date: 24 Jul 2002 16:12:37 EDT

Community,

Warlord Dragoon-Talanador and myself will be dueling for the First Baronial
Ring of the Duel of Swords on the Sunday, the 28th of the Seventh Month at approximately 10pm EST. My particulars will be announced at the match, I hope to all see you there for a refreshing change in the way challenges have been handled as of late.

~Daelin Dragonsblade
~Baron of the First
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:09 pm

Date: 24 Jul 2002 16:22:40 EDT

What Dae said.

My partics, well, I don't think I have any offhand. Maybe I can rent another chickie for my lady or something....

In any case, to make a long story short, In general, it's going to be a fun little challenge. Not going for the common morbid, serious, dramatic challenge and story. This is just going to be a fun, "wholesome" battle between a pair of guys who're cool with each other, and intend to have a blast while fighting it out.

No politics, no serious badmouthing, tho I may make a comment in regards to his questionable heritage(That's a joke)

We're gonna show that a challenge can be made without the petty feeling of vindictiveness or dislike. And a challenge can be done respectfully and in good intent.

As to the why I'm challenging, well... That's easy.

I had taken some time to go over all the Barons list at one point, and noted that several Barons were holding their titles for an incredibly long period of time, and some of those, without *any* challenge. There's something not right with that to me.

I know when I am a Baron, I get bored and restless after a time. My last title, I went out of my way to get someone to challenge me, practically begged for it. So, noting that these poor Barons were going so long without a fight, I made it a mission to try and correct that.

In time, everyone who needed a challenge, got one. Unagi, Rix, Var, and so on. Somewhat makes me wonder if my words about Barons needing a challenge for their own good was heard by others, and realized as a good idea.

That's cool and all, I don't mind. And I don't mind challenging Daelin, either, he's a standup guy, cool, and I like him. So, I can fight him in the ring, properly, and not feel bad one way or the other at the result.

However, should I win... Expect me to be pestering you folks for another challenge TO me should time pass.

That said, see whoever wants to show up on Sunday!

And hey, someone bring the beer and chips!

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 24 Jul 2002 20:08:53 EDT

One question G,
when did you get off that losing streak long enough to tally ten wins?

uknowwho
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 24 Jul 2002 21:23:09 EDT

>One question G,
>when did you get off that losing streak long enough to tally ten wins?

The week before the peers were eligible for challenging. ;)

Soon as I got them, I did what I set out to do. Give a Baron a workout.