To the Duel of Swords Community

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

To the Duel of Swords Community

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:11 pm

Date: 29 Jul 2002 00:08:43 EDT

::A thick sheet of parchment is pinned to the board by steel nails in both the top and bottom. The page is thick which tells of it's excellent grade and the handwriting is clear and flashy, which tells of it's aristocratic air. A thin imprint of a dragon at full wingspan clutching twin swords in it's talons is visible in the parchment, which perhaps it is printed between many sheets, another explanation
of the sheer thickness of the medium::

To the many friends and few enemies I have encountered during my time in the duels of Rhydin,

As you probably noted from Nycholas' posting of the events from tonight, I have
retired from the hallowed halls of the Arena. During my long years here in the duels, I've been through a great of good and a great deal of bad. However, the good and the memories that it has left with me far outweigh much of the bad. I have made lifelong friends and forged bonds that could not even be destroyed by the fires of the Underworld.

Rather than prolong things with unnecessary sentiment, I will say that each and every one of the people who participate in the duels has affected me in a positive way and I wish you all the best of luck. Maybe someday soon I will be able to return to this place, my second home.

To those closest to me, and you all know who you are, you will always
carry a special place in my heart and mind until long after I have passed from this plane of existence. You are all a part of my family, and like a family member, I will do whatever is necessary for you all, even face Death itself if that is what is required. You all will know where to find me should you need me, and I will be with you at least in spirit if it can't be physically.

I said that I would try and cut it short, but it appears that I failed miserably
at that. I hope everyone will prosper and take the memories from our Arena that I have as well as sowing your own. Skill and Honor all.

~Daelin Dragonsblade
~Regent King of Dragonia
~39th Overlord, Twice Baron of the Seventh, Once Baron of the Eleventh and Once Baron of the First of the Duel of Swords.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 29 Jul 2002 12:40:35 EDT

::a note arrives from the shores::
Dae,

Congratulations on a grand career. You should come chill at the beach. There is an extra beach chair and this place is crawling with young nubile hotties.

Cheers,
Eros
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 29 Jul 2002 17:35:16 EDT

Well, this sucks.

Fair travels, Swordbrother.

Cassius Gaius Maximius