Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Regarding the Elijah-Cassius challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Date: 01 Aug 2002 23:08:52 EDT

The following is at it was when sent to the proper parties

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the Venerable Supervising Commission of the Duel of Swords, consisting of Nycholas de Grylington, Kingphisch, Royal Advisor of the Kingdom of Covington, and Stormi, to the Honorable Standings Keeper of the Duel of Swords, Remy Sigurd of the Sigurd Corporation, to the Honorable Overlord of the Duel of Swords, Cletus Ganderfald, and to the esteemed Baronial Council:

My apologies for the formalities of this missive, but I feel it is an appropriate occasion for such. It is with mixed emotions that I, Cassius Gaius Maximius, do inform the Council and the acting Standings Keeper that the Baron of the 12th, Elijah Basia Uhr, has failed to address the challenge that I brought forward to him within the maximum time alloted for that purpose by the rules of the Arena. My couriers inform me that the Baron has yet to even
recieve mty missive. It is thus that I seek the proper recourse and alert the matter to the Baronial Council, seeking their judgement.

Several times in my career I have been in the position of those that I now address, where I was obliged to sit in judgement of another Baron who had failed to comply with the rules. During one particularly regrettable time in my career, I was obliged to judge an Overlord, one whom I was Loyal to and great friends with. I was also once elected to assume the Baron's duty of title defense on behalf of the Council. I am no stranger to this process. Never
have I relished the idea of "getting around" a reigning Baron because he has not complied with the rules...yet the law is the law, and it must be upheld. It is with those mixed emotions that I state that no matter what the Council decides, I will abide by it with nary a complaint.

Cassius Gaius Maximius

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:13 pm

Date: 02 Aug 2002 00:13:06 EDT

wow, Cassius, I remember when ye came into the arena for the first time... ye are now a true diplomat! Well stated.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:14 pm

Date: 06 Aug 2002 16:56:43 EDT

Sgt. Sneggle,

It's very simple. I have seen you running your mouth or penning missives toward people that I have respect for. Such as your comments to G'nort on you being a great Overlord.

The simple fact is, I don't think you are as worthy as Cassius Gaius Maximus to hold a Baron's ring and I do not see you as Overlord material. Nothing personal, I assure you.

Colleen MacLeod Lasher
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 06 Aug 2002 17:26:38 EDT

>
>Sneggle's personal life or lack there of is not the issue here.

I know, Colleen. I was talking about Cassius's personal life.

You act as if you being anyones second makes such a big difference. Boohoo, so you want to be Cassius's second.

Wah wah wah.

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 06 Aug 2002 18:49:16 EDT

Colleen, you're on.

Starke, others around here simply roll their eyes at your immaturity and angst. I fear I have more energy than that. You will regret your words soon.

Cassius Gaius Maximius