Challenge for the Seventh Ring

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge for the Seventh Ring

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:20 pm

Date: 17 Aug 2002 04:18:30 EDT

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Duel of Swords
On the evening of August 16, I was given the honor to witness the challenge issued by Warlord Harris D'Artainian unto Baron Malhavoc Shadowlord for the right to wear the Seventh Ring of the Duel of Swords. The Arena had more spectators than I had seen at other challenges in a long time, something I
am pleased to have noted. The match took place at 11:00 Eastern Rhydin Time in the Arena's annex.
Warlord Harris dueled for the honor of his girlfriend, Stick. He had Warlord Dustin Manjahcapery stand as his second.
Baron Malhavoc dueled for the honor of Altara d'Poison. Baron Arithon Falessen stood as his second, and he dueled under his family banner. The banner is a black field with a silver shield. The shield is adorned with a green maple leaf and an Elf wearing black, with red eyes. Two swords collide behind said shield. Upon me asking his choice for the format of the challenge, he wished for it to be a best of three.
The first match, the Ring of Valor, was very one sided. Harris opened the scoring, then Malhavoc tied it up at one the next round. After that, Harris scored every round, except one, until he took the match 5-1 in seven rounds.
The second match, Ring of Quickness, had the tables turned. Malhavoc opened the scoring, followed with Harris tying it up the next round. After that, Malhavoc surged to take a 4-1 lead. Harris was not to be down for good yet, though, as he fought back to bring himself within one. He lost his chance to tie it up with a misplaced parry, giving Malhavoc the 5-3 win in 9 rounds.
The final match yielded no domination for either duelist. Neither scored in the first round, and both got on the board at the same time with a pair of cuts. The violence continued, with Harris eventually edging ahead with a 4-2 lead. In the final round, Malhavoc and Harris traded cuts to bring it to a 5-3 end in 8 rounds. Harris battled hard for the right to bear the Seventh Ring.
I would like to congratulate both duelists for fighting well, and for dueling with sportsmanship, despite some comments outside of the ring.
Upon asking Harris for his alignment to Overlord Ganderfald, he stated he doesn't know the man, and therefore could not say whether he likes him or dislikes him. He wished not to announce an alignment, thereby leaving it to Overlord Ganderfald to align him accordingly.

Solemnly Sworn by
Var Medici-Giovanni
(( ))
The round by round breakdown:
Duel 1
Harris Malhavoc
Sl 1-0 FLP
SH 1-1 HC
HC 2-1 FCP
SH 2-1 SH
FCP 3-1 LC
FSS 4-1 FLP
LC 5-1 SH
Final: Harris defeats Malhavoc, 5-1 in 7 rounds.

Duel 2
Harris Malhavoc
SH 0-1 HC
FSS 1-1 Th
Th 1-2 FCP
SH 1-3 HC
HC 1-4 Th
FDuck 1-4 SH
FSS 2-4 Th
Sl 3-4 FCP
FLP 3-5 LC
Final: Malhavoc defeats Harris, 5-3 in 9 rounds.

Duel 3
Harris Malhavoc
FCP 0-0 FCP
LC 1-1 HC
FCP 1-1 SH
HC 2-1 FSS
SH 2-1 SH
HC 3-2 LC
FSS 4-2 Sl
LC 5-3 HC
Final: Harris defeats Malhavoc, 5-3 in 8 rounds.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Date: 17 Aug 2002 14:45:09 EDT

I still want my Fudge Shoppe.

Harris, where is my Fudge Shoppe?

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Date: 18 Aug 2002 08:33:08 EDT

Harris is a stranger to me, and therefore not someone I would accept loyalty from. He shall stand Renegade.

Cletus Ganderfald
Overlord