Note of Challenge

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Note of Challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:56 pm

Date: 06 Oct 2002 20:56:08 EDT

The following, typed up on a typewriter, is tacked to the board.

Dear Harris,
Im coming for you're ring. After I win I will ring you're neck and slice off you're head.
Best wishes of death
Dom
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 08 Oct 2002 00:59:22 EDT

Nice threats, Dom. Try saying that to his face, if he ever turns up. And don't try acting surprised, I know you're just jumping on the opportunity because you heard no one's seen him for awhile. But you're not getting his ring, even if I have to beat the hell out of you myself.

Stick
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 09 Oct 2002 12:57:11 EDT

::reads the missive from Spite and chuckles, remarking to himself "You can feel the love'" and then walks off::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 09 Oct 2002 14:02:43 EDT

I lost my list of wins. You're gonna die when I find em Harris.

Dom.
..Life Sucks
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 09 Oct 2002 16:41:38 EDT

"I lost my list of wins. You're gonna die when I find em Harris.

Dom.
...Life Sucks"

I could be wrong, but Remy should be able to help you out with establishing your wins.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 09 Oct 2002 20:59:54 EDT

>
>I could be wrong, but Remy should be able to help you out with establishing
>your wins.

I don't think anyone can help you with your ugliness. Why don't you be like the rest of the Roman army and turn gay? At least your wife, whatever her easily forgotten name was, resembled a male.

Even if you're helping someone out. . . Even if you're attempting to be a civil human being, which is farfetched enough. . . Even if you are something besides YOU. . . I cannot stand you. Even the stupid arc in the C in your name in the way you write it irks me to no end. The way you smile. The way you talk. The way you are. You are the most annoying, pig-lookalike I've ever seen, or encountered. Almost as bad as that wretched, ugly, man-wannabe
Stick.

Anyday. Any freaking day. I'd give my life to kill you Cassius. I will duel you any freakin' day just to bury you. Even if I died, and remained dead, it'd be worth it, so I don't have to see your horrible face ever again.

Shut the hell up, you overgrown, ego-infested, greatest 100+ WoL man of all time. Any freakin' day.

I hate you.

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:57 pm

Date: 09 Oct 2002 22:39:23 EDT

From the Histories...

Little more than two weeks later, Taylara stood in the ring to face Renegade Baron of the Thirteenth Drey Starke. When the Overlady voiced her intent to Test Starke, Renegade of the twelfth Ellisa Morgan stepped forward in the Challenger's defense. By using mostly defense, the Baroness took a swift four-point
lead against the Overlady's Champion, Baron Unagi Miyamoto. After only six rounds, she had cleared Drey's path with a 5 - 1 victory.

A brief intermission followed, and then Taylara and Drey stepped into the ring. First point went to the Overlady, and after four rounds she was over the Baron by 3 to 1. Though Drey was able to make up some of the distance, the night would go to the Defender, as Taylara retained her throne with a 5 - 3 win in seven rounds.LANG="0">

Then this....

Lucian's first challenge came early in November by the hands of the Baron of the Thirteenth, Drey Starke. Lucian opted to test Drey, and used Warlord and friend, Sartan. In a grueling fifteen round match, Drey bested Sartan 6.5 - 5 to clear his challenge to take place. The strain from the previous match was very
apparent in the Baron's movements. In eight short rounds, Lucian was able to make quick work of Drey and continue to hold the crown.

Followed by this...

Hours after the standings were posted that officially ended the previous challenge, Seamus was challenged again. This time by a man familiar with challenging for the crown, Baron Drey Starke. Also familiar to Drey was being tested, and this time it was no different. Seamus chose the half Orc, Jake Thrash to
administer a test of worthiness to Drey. Drey responded by appointing Jesse Troyan to complete the test on his behalf. Jesse once more backed up his strong words by disposing of the half Orc, 5-2 in only six rounds. The original challenge was cleared, and after a brief pause as Seamus looked over some papers, he and Drey met.

The second match of the evening was not nearly as quick or dominating as the first one had been. For eleven rounds Drey had the lead, managing to stay one point ahead of Seamus, though the duelists often thought alike and blocked each other from scoring. After that however, it was all Seamus. He managed to stop Drey's momentum, close the gap, and then inch ahead. The duel stretched into overtime before Seamus sent Drey back home with a 5.5-3 loss in
sixteen rounds.

And this next one is particularly funny.

With Vengeance by his side, Sartan met his first challenge. Baron of the Fifth, Drey Starke, once more pressed a challenge to the Overlord. In a move that was becoming very commonplace when Drey challenged, Sartan opted to use the Test of Worthiness. The man he asked to perform it was the top-ranking Warlord at
the time that went by the name "Hood". Unaligned Baron of the Thirteenth, Drachen, stepped forward to champion Drey's cause. However, since he was listed on the standings as unaligned, he was denied the opportunity. Drey stepped into the ring against Hood, and Hood promptly denied Drey his chance at the crown again, with a 5-2 in seven round win. The Hood then issued his immediate challenge for Drey's ring. In a slightly longer match, the Hood was
once again able to overcome Drey's blade and become the new Baron of the Fifth by a score of 5-2 in ten rounds.

To make the night more interesting, The Hood declared himself Renegade to the Overlord he had just defended. Only days later, once the standings were posted showing the results of the challenge, The Hood added even more irony to the situation by challenging Sartan.

More shots at the mantle than anyone in DoS history, and less success with any of them. You'd think after 4 challenges(5 if you count the Avery debacle), he'd at least get lucky. I mean, the guy lost to Taylara for god's sakes.

I'd like to end this by pointing out what a loser and a choke artist Drey is, but this says it all.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:58 pm

Date: 09 Oct 2002 23:17:07 EDT

As the Summer Warlord Tournament of '02 approached, Cassius entered into a wager with a non-Baron where if Cassius lost, he would retire the Second. Cassius lost, and the second went to the Warlord tournament less than four days away.

Bravo.

When yet another new Overlord took the crown, Cas alligned himself Renegade. Unaware that Lupton est Dracoern had issued challenge in private, Daegarth Mithmellon made a public challenge to the Baron, and wasFAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"> placed in que. Cas opted, should it fit both challengers' schedules, to face each the same night. The arrangements were acceptable by all, and the three met to decide the fate of the Sixth Ring. Whether Lupton was in exceptionally fine form, or Cassius in
unusually poor, the first challenge was to be the only. For six swift rounds Lupton dominated the Baron, in the end denying him the defense and the waiting Daegarth his
challenge with a stunning 5 - 1 victory.

Not one person, but two people challenged this ugly child bearing idiot.

Warlord Damien Mortis challenged Cassius Gaius Maximus. Several days had passed before the Baron realized this, but when he did, he stated that the Warlord had crossed the line in offering public insult to his wife and furthermore stated he would answer the challenge in due time. Cassius waited until near the last
minute to choose the evening to defend his ring. The match was described as an unusual one as the Overlord stepped in to test the Warlord, wherein Baron Cletus Ganderfald stepped in on Damien's behalf and defeated Avery with a score of 5 - 3 in eight rounds. Hence, the match between Damien Mortis and Cassius occurred wherein the Warlord defeated Cassius, 5 - 4 in eight rounds.

Way to defend the honor of your great wife, Cassius.

On the night of the last Warlord Tournament of '01, Cassius retired his ring and entered the tournament, looking for a challenge. Perhaps though, it was too great of a challenge. After a hard night of fighting, it was not Cassius, but Nova Grey Shadow who came away with the Eighth ring on his finger. Nova chose not
to declare his alignment until he had spoken with Overlord Seamus.

It took longer than most expected, however after almost nine months, "The Boomerang Baron" came back to reclaim the Tenth ring. Var proved himself to be a man on a mission, and when the dust settled, he remained undefeated when challenging for the Tenth ring. Cassius opted for the best of three, and Var dominated
the match. After only thirteen total rounds of dueling, which included a perfect shut out and a 5 - 3 win, Var claimed the Tenth ring for the sixth time in his career. After the match was over, and before the ring could change hands, Cassius Maximius announced his retirement from the Duels, seeking to devote his
time to being a father and husband.

Hell, I guess you can forget about that husband part. How is. . . Was your wife anyway, Cassius? Perhaps I'll check up on her.

Three months later, Cas entered the challenge ring opposite Warlady and oft-time Baroness Ellisa Morgan. Ellisa's goal was to remove a Loyal Baron from Overlord Taylara, and opted for Cas as "the devil you know". An uncommon occurance in these days, the two settled the particulars and the match itself with honor and
respect on both sides. It might have even been considered a no-lose situation, except both could not walk away victors. The match was tight throughout, and after twelve rounds only a single point separated the two. That point was in favor of Ellisa, who became the tenth Bearer of the Twelfth Ring.

Blah blah...

>I'd like to end this by pointing out what a loser and a choke artist Drey is,
>but this says it all.

It'll be more than an art when I strangle you to death. I'm going to rip your eyes out, and shove them down your throat. I'm going to yank your fat, blubbery bottom lip up past your upper lip, and staple it shut. I'm going to murder you before my life is over. None of these statistics prove anything when your blood
is spilled all over the ring, and nothing is left of you besides a little quivering, soul-less body. I'm going to seperate your skin from you, and wear it in the winter.

Any freakin' day, Cassius. Use whatever statistic you want, you wifeless ectomorph. I still can slaughter you anyway you choose.

- Starke, full of breathtaking statistics.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:59 pm

Date: 10 Oct 2002 00:47:40 EDT

>>
When yet another new Overlord took the crown, Cas alligned himself Renegade. Unaware that Lupton est Dracoern had issued challenge in private, Daegarth Mithmellon made a public challenge to the Baron, and wasFAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"> placed in que. Cas opted, should it fit both challengers' schedules, to face each the same night. The arrangements were acceptable by all, and the three met to decide the fate of the Sixth Ring. Whether Lupton was in exceptionally fine form, or Cassius in
unusually poor, the first challenge was to be the only. For six swift rounds Lupton dominated the Baron, in the end denying him the defense and the waiting Daegarth his
challenge with a stunning 5 - 1 victory.

Not one person, but two people challenged this ugly child bearing idiot.<<

Nice analogy, Starke, but praytell WHEN has Cassius borne a child?

C. M.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Oct 2002 00:57:20 EDT

> Cassius Maximius announced his retirement from the Duels, seeking to devote
>his
>time to being a father and husband.

That should answer your question easy enough, Colleen.

Yawn.

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Oct 2002 01:06:41 EDT

"That should answer your question easy enough, Colleen."

He didn't bear a child. He fathered one.

I don't recall Cas ever being pregnant.

Jaycy
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:00 pm

Date: 10 Oct 2002 01:12:22 EDT

>I don't recall Cas ever being pregnant.

I do. He has stretch marks.

Who asked you anyway, leeching midget?

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Oct 2002 02:28:46 EDT

Why don't ye just marry each other an' get it o'er with...

Ye fight like a pair o' old marrieds.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Oct 2002 02:28:46 EDT

Why don't ye just marry each other an' get it o'er with...

Ye fight like a pair o' old marrieds.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Oct 2002 02:41:46 EDT

I think they're all a bunch of idiots.

G