Results of the Overlord Challenge (Face vs. Blindfold Proxy)

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Results of the Overlord Challenge (Face vs. Blindfold Proxy)

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:06 pm

Date: 15 Oct 2002 23:16:56 EDT

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Duel of Swords
This evening, October 15, I had the honor to witness the challenge issued by Warlord Face Loran unto Overlord Blindfold Proxy for the right to hold the crown.

The Overlord opted to apply the Test of Worthiness, with Baron of the 13th, Drachen, performing the test. The Warlord Face chose to take on the test himself. He dueled for the honor of Illusia Marcine, with Dustin Manjahcapery standing as his second. He wielded the lightsaber in his test of worthiness.

The test is the only duel to witness this evening. In five short rounds, Drachen won 5-2 to deny Face's worthiness to hold the title. The Baron took a two to nothing lead with a switch from defense to offense, then after a trade, switched from defense to offense, with the final offensive strike inviting another low cut from Face.

Congratulations to Drachen and Face for a well fought duel, and congratulations to the Blindfold Proxy for keeping the crown.
Var Medici-Giovanni

(( ))Round by round breakdown
Face Drachen
FLP 0-1 FSS
SH 0-2 LC
LC 1-3 HC
Th 1-4 FSS
LC 2-5 HC
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 03:36:39 EDT

The Duel of Swords community,

On behalf of The Blindfold and your Overlord, we would like to thank Face Loran, the Baron of the Thirteenth Ring of the Duel of Swords, and Var Medici-Giovanni for their parts in this grand event.

Sincerely,
The Blindfold Office of Events
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 08:34:33 EDT

Proxy,

To begin with I fully understand and accept that you were well within your rights to have the Test of Worthiness and have no issue with the rules.

My question is why are you thanking anyone? You didn't do anything but have someone else fight your battle for you.

Oh, and by the way I think your a coward for using a hired gun. If you have a problem with that you know where I can be found.

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 11:36:16 EDT

Sneggle,

If you have a problem with the Overlord's methods, then you should go to him with a challenge, for he has no reason to come to you.

Regards with respect, skill, and honor to the Blade,

Rest in reason, pursue in passion,

Elijah Basia Uhr

Fromer Baron of the Fifth, Seventh, Eigth, Ninth, Twelfth Rings of Swords,

Warder Mentor of the Dragon Blademaster Dojo
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:07 pm

Date: 16 Oct 2002 12:44:48 EDT

Elijah,

Are you Proxy's spokesperson now? Your surely not my advisor so don't presume to give me unasked for advice.

I felt I was quite clear in stating that I did not like his methods. As for challenging him, a reasonable person would expect to have to fight another Test of Worthiness since he has demonstrated that he will use the test. I have been down that road before when I challenged Cas and see no reason to do it again.

Cordially,

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 16:29:16 EDT

Sneggles an idiot. He's just looking for some way to legitimize a fight with the Overlord and is using the test as an excuse.

Point being, While I have little idea who or what this Proxy dude is, I know Face, and there's no way in the firey pit of Hades I'd want Face to hold the top dog position in the Arena. Therefore, I fully support the Test of Worthiness against Face because it is my, and most likely a great deal of others opinions that Face is not worthy to be the Overlord.

Hell, I'd test Face, Sneggle, and a whole lot of others in this place were I the Overlord.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 16:43:29 EDT

Sneggle,

Since when is it improper to thank a caller for his or her, as the case may be, services?

Colleen MacLeod
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 17:35:04 EDT

" I have been down that road before when I challenged Cas and see no reason to
do it again."

You went down that road because you are a dimwit who, in my opinion, has no place holding titled rank. Face is in the same boat.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 17:52:41 EDT

Listen up Sneggles, it ain't the proxy bud who was thanking anyone, it was the place he works for, the people in that there office. And anywho, he could thank anyone he damn well wants, and so could they, cuz some folk appreciate a good show even if they ain't partaking. Sides, I don't think he's the type to waste his time reading paper pissed on by morons. Ever see him write anything on this here board?

Wake your butt up. Dang, boy.

Bode
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 20:51:41 EDT

G,

You are so wrong about me trying to legitimize a fight with the Overlord.

As for who you think is right or not right to be the Overlord that is only your opinion and you should by now have learned that I am not swayed by others opinions. This is not a bloody popularity contest.

Say what you will, I don't believe someone like Cletus would force the Test on anyone and I am sure there are others who would not.

Cordially,

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:08 pm

Date: 16 Oct 2002 20:53:30 EDT

Collie,

It is never improper to thank a caller for his/her services. If that was your take on what I meant then I erred.

Sgt.Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 20:56:16 EDT

Cas,

Get a ring, I will come looking for you. If I get one before you do, I certainly expect you to come after me and am counting on that. Who knows, by then Proxy may be history and you will be out in the cold again and have to fight me all by your lonesome.

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 21:03:54 EDT

Bode,

You see it your way, I will continue to see it my way. A person won the Overlordship, that person chose the Test against Face, that person is a coward.

Don't really care what he reads or does not read or whether he writes or does not write on the boards. He will get the message.

I guess my message to all those who object to what I post would read like this... "To all those who say lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way, I say NO, go around."

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Oct 2002 23:36:28 EDT

It is ignorant to consider someone a coward for using the Test of Worthiness, especially if you do not know that person and his or her beliefs and values. I have read that the current Overlord, a former Baron, went undefeated in the last Warlord tournament for his chance at the throne and had to endure a tight best-of-three match with one of the most established duelists of the Arena and a two-time Overlord in Cletus
Ganderfald. I would suggest that the Overlord has high expectations for whoever challenges him, and that his testing a Warlord who has never held title in Duel of Swords, and who has done little more than collect a win against fifteen or so different peers, is a fitting judgement from someone who has taken his road to the top.

Rock 'n' roll,
Deluthan
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 17 Oct 2002 20:41:00 EDT

Good on ya, Lor. Cowards hae no place here.

~Grayson.