Results of the Overlord Challenge (Face vs. Blindfold Proxy)

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:08 pm

Date: 18 Oct 2002 01:08:28 EDT

I have tae agree with th' Barkeep on this one.

Some people deserve tae be Tested. Were I tae hold th' Crown, be sure tae know thet I would Test those I felt unworthy.

Yer right Lorance, this ain't a popularity contest. Each person is entitled tae their own opinion. Th' Overlord felt thet his challenger deserved tae be Tested. It be th' Overlord's Right an' Privilage tae use th' Test as he sees fit.

If ye don' like th' Test, thet's yer choice. Tae insult one who uses th' Test... well, expect tae receive insults in return for certain.

Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Captain of the Order of the Knights Templar.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:09 pm

Date: 18 Oct 2002 17:59:00 EDT

Karen Wilder,

Your remark .."Some people deserve tae be Tested.." hits one of the more uglier aspects of the DoS which is the "I am better than you, so I and my friends will throw obstacles in front of whatever you try to do."

That is just plain wrong and speaks ill of those who practice this type of behavior. I would have never thought to hear this mouthed by you so I am disappointed.

The Overlords Right and Privilege seem to used to single out undesirables, and for no other apparent reason. That is cronyism.

As far as insults coming and going I have no problem with them when I think I am in the right and I do feel that I am in this case.

My only mistake on this was only accusing the Overlord of cowardice. Let me amend that to read cowardice and lack of honor.

I stand by my words, do your best.

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Oct 2002 18:17:07 EDT

Man, Snegs.

All this whining is just cause you'd be one of the ones tested should you ever challenge for Overlord.

Just get with the program where if someone feels someone else isn't worthy to be Overlord, you're going to be tested.

Everyone who is tested is going to feel it's wrong because they challenge thinking already that they *are* worthy.

Because the Overlord tested someone is *not* wrong, because it is the opinion of the Overlord that the challenger was NOT Worthy.

Opinions can't be wrong.

Your opinion that the Overlord shouldn't have tested Face is also not wrong. However, whining about it and telling the Overlord to come find you is wrong, because the Overlord is well within his rights to test someone he finds unworthy.

Just end your stupidity by saying "Overlord, I think your opinion is wrong, and that is my opinion on the subject" so we can get along with our lives and not have to listen to your dribble.

Thanks.
G
Oh, and if you don't like what I say, I have a ring. Stop chasing Cas and do something.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Oct 2002 20:05:30 EDT

So, Sneggle, you are saying that, if you were Overlord, you would never use the Test no matter what the circumstance?

Del
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Oct 2002 21:12:34 EDT

Del,

That is exactly correct. You may hold these words as testament to that.

Sgt. Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Oct 2002 22:19:20 EDT

Well, Lorance, in calling the Overlord a coward lacking honor for using the Test, you are implicitly calling every Overlord before him who used the Test a coward lacking honor, henceforth insulting a great chunk of the Arena's history. And what does it say about those staff members who first implimented the rule--were they attempting to protect cowards, so that cowards would have longer reigns? Did they value cowardice
over honor?

Deluthan
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Oct 2002 00:42:03 EDT

>>Because the Overlord tested someone is *not* wrong, because it is the opinion of the Overlord that the challenger was NOT Worthy.
<<
Hence the name, Test of Worthiness.

>>Well, Lorance, in calling the Overlord a coward lacking honor for using the Test, you are implicitly calling every Overlord before him who used the Test a coward lacking honor, henceforth insulting a great chunk of the Arena's history. <<
I wonder, Deluthan, if this means Sneggle thinks all are worthy to wear the crown of Overlord.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:10 pm

Date: 19 Oct 2002 01:37:54 EDT

"I wonder, Deluthan, if this means Sneggle thinks all are worthy to wear the
crown of Overlord. "

If so, that is a tremendous depreciation of the title.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Oct 2002 01:59:31 EDT

By using the test of worthiness, one is indeed hiding behind the skill of another duelist. While this might not be wrong according to the rules, Lorance has a right to be angry that the supreme duelist refuses to fight his battles himself.

I am not insulting the Overlord, in case anyone would like to think that. That piece of art he donated to the Arena is beautiful; I am sure he is looking out for the best interest of all of us in trying to make our dueling area a more colorful and tasteful place.

Sprite
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Oct 2002 01:59:31 EDT

By using the test of worthiness, one is indeed hiding behind the skill of another duelist. While this might not be wrong according to the rules, Lorance has a right to be angry that the supreme duelist refuses to fight his battles himself.

I am not insulting the Overlord, in case anyone would like to think that. That piece of art he donated to the Arena is beautiful; I am sure he is looking out for the best interest of all of us in trying to make our dueling area a more colorful and tasteful place.

Sprite
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Oct 2002 02:56:49 EDT

>I wonder, Deluthan, if this means Sneggle thinks all are worthy to wear the
>crown of Overlord.

Yea, even the honorless cowards.

Del
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:11 pm

Date: 19 Oct 2002 04:19:56 EDT

"Say what you will, I don't believe someone like Cletus would force the Test on anyone and I am sure there are others who would not."

Please don't speak for Cletus. Only I'm allowed to do that.

Arane Ganderfald
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Oct 2002 07:14:15 EDT

It's really hard to say what the current Overlord is like, as he doesn't state why he tested Face (heck only his office can apparently thank me). The real time any judgment can be passed is if he uses this on a constant basis.

Var Medici-Giovanni

Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Oct 2002 08:39:20 EDT

"By using the test of worthiness, one is indeed hiding behind the skill of
another duelist. While this might not be wrong according to the rules,
Lorance has a right to be angry that the supreme duelist refuses to fight his
battles himself. "

And each new generation of duelists fails to grasp the politics and community factor of the Duel of Swords.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:12 pm

Date: 19 Oct 2002 12:36:11 EDT

In me own personal opinion, me opinion, mind ye, a challenger to the Overlord proves his worth be defeatin' the Overlord, aye? An' if'n someone has attained the rank o' Warlord an' has gained the peer wins necessary tae challenge, me thinkin' is tha' they've proven their worth as a fighter. Now before ye all jump on me back about me words, mind ye this
is me opinion. Cheers.

~Grayson