Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Overlord Challenge

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:26 pm

Date: 05 Nov 2002 09:15:11 EST

The following is as it was sent to the appropriate parties:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the Venerable Supervisor of the Duel of Swords, Nycholas de Gyrlington, the Standings Keeper of the Duel of Swords, Remy Sigurd of the Sigurd Corporation, the esteemed Baronial Council, and, most importantly in this particular interest, the reigning Overlord of the Duel of Duel of Swords....

On this date of November 3rd, 2002 years after the death of the Christian god, I, Cassius Gaius Maximius, do hereby utilize my right as Renegade Baron of the Ninth to challenge the duelist known as the Proxy of the Blindfold Organization for the mantle of Overlord; the first time in four years of dueling in the Arena that I have pressed challenge for said titled rank.

I will not attempt to insult your intelligence; I have sought to challenge the Overlord for months now, for the sake of merely challenging for the crown as much as actually winning it--though do not misinterpret this; I do very much want to win. I have been in Baronial challenge matches, I have been in WLTs, I have championed the Overlord. This option is the only experience that the Duel of Swords has to offer that I have not yet experienced.

As most of my challenges are grudge affairs, and as I do and did not know the Proxy, I had hoped that this could have been a simple meeting of blades and minds, with nothing more at stake than the greatest prize in the Arena.

But due to recent suspicions and occurances, I am afraid this cannot be.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
Baron of the Ninth

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:26 pm

Date: 09 Nov 2002 00:34:19 EST

::typed upon The Blindfold custom rose-colored stationary::

Duel of Swords community:

The tentative date for the match between Baron Maximus and our dueling proxy is Monday, November 25th, at 9:30 (EST). There will be an official announcement in approximately a week.

The Blindfold Office of Events