The Place of Our Youth

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

The Place of Our Youth

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:44 pm

Date: 19 Nov 2002 05:10:57 EST

The basement was dark, tucked away from the growing dawn outside the Red Dragon Inn above. A few "lights" still gleamed from somewhere as they always had, dimly lighting the way of any who stayed late or entered after hours to get in some morning practice. This morning held a chill in the air, practically ignored by the stranger who walked inside except for the tugging of
a gloved hand against a not so unfamiliar dark purple cloak. Well, it used to be dark anyway. The edges were slightly frayed and the color had faded slightly over the years, but it still help up well enough to keep the lady within it warm.

The hooded head tilted slightly and looked about the large room, the other gloved, feminine hand tucking a stray lock of now well-silvered strawberry blonde hair. "So much has changed, she whispered, looking about at the scores of unrecognizable banners nearly eclipsing the banners of old...Questrion, Darelir...the Oldest House. Most of them she doubted were heard of by many duelers anymore, or at least anything more than legend.

Reaching the old, familiar bar, the woman reached over the counter to a familiar spot, the bottle of scotch that was always there. With a thunk, the bottle was opened and a glass was filled. Then, with very little fanfare - only a pull of the ties - the cloak was removed and left to rest on a nearby stool, while the woman who owned it slid into her familiar spot.

With a lifted glass in salute towards the banner of New Caithness, Sidartha Quelani Elgarette smiled.

"It's good to be home."

((Okay, so I don't know exactly *where* she was. I had been playing off my OOC absense as Sid going into hermit mode with Ian in New Caithness....but then I found a post where Ian has no clue where she is. Soo, eh, I'll get it straightened out.))