Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Challenge to the Overlord

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:03 pm

Date: 10 Dec 2002 01:41:36 EST

A message to the Community
Declaration of Challenge to the Overlord

To the Duel of Swords community and patrons: I, Dalila, sorceress of the Zann Esu clan and sworn defender of the Light, have won, through right of honorable combat, the opportunity to challenge the Overlord of this sport. Many of you do not know me, and may prefer that I am defeated due to my lack of participation in these halls. I will not make excuses for my absence, nor shall I hold grudges or ill will towards any who hold this mindset. I
recognize and respect this opinion, and to a great extent, I agree. Such absence has prompted me to remain a non-participant in tournaments past, and would have done so yet again, had it not been for a rumor bantered about on a recent visit to this city.

I am certain all are aware of this rumor; it revolves around the dissipation of the healing Wards which protect the patrons of this establishment, and speculation arising thereof. Many believe the current Overlord is, to one extent or another, the cause of these 'malfunctions'. My aim is to investigate the current happenings and, once the cause is found, remove whatever evil influence is creating such danger for all dueling participants. If the
Overlord is to be blamed, then I will seek to remove him from power, and with him any hindrance towards finding the source of the Ward's weakening.

My challenge for the title was intended, regardless of the outcome this evening. I wish to test the Overlord's spirit and good intent, blade to blade. I do not have the naivete to believe good shall certainly triumph, thus ensuring my victory if he is guilty; however, Heaven knows the truth, and he will require great skill to defeat me if this evil is his doing, as I will be supported by the Light and, if this evening was a proper indication, the
well-wishes of many of you who are reading this now.

I assure you all, if I am victorious in this endeavor, I will immediately work to set things right. If the Overlord's defeat does not return the Arena to its normal state, all traces of his reign shall be removed until the cause is found; should those measures prove fruitless, intense investigation shall begin to seek out the reasons for the healing failures. I am not trained to use magic designed for searching out other arcane spells or items;
however, should we reach this point, I will supply mages to assist, along with any items they may require, at my own expense if collected favors do not cover the cost.

I also give my word to be an active Overlord (or, if you prefer, Overlady). Evil exists in all places, at all times; such is the need for balance that it shall never be truly eradicated, though it would overrun any fortress of good without a moment's hesitation. I have made it my life's work to stem the tide, but though I will work tirelessly to that end, it has occured to me that perhaps I need a vacation from my travels. The Duels shall remain
under my protection for as long as Heaven sees fit for me to keep the throne, should I gain it at all.

It may seem that I display a tremendous amount of hubris in making such statements before the challenge is played out. I do not assume any outcome, for better or worse. I am aware, however, that there is a keen interest in the fate of this Overlord. I wish it to be known what you may expect from me if I defeat him, so that you may make a proper, informed decision on who to support.

I have secured a second for this match, and will request another to be my Lord of Honor shortly. Negotiations upon date and time with the Overlord (or, as I understand it, his dueling organization) should commence within the next day. All details will be shared publically when finalized.

~Dalila~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Dec 2002 07:37:03 EST

Who are you?

Dalila? What? Who is that?

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Dec 2002 11:16:52 EST

Dalila is someone who has been around off and on for a long long time. She is a worthy challenger for the crown of this sport.

Regards with respect, skill, and honor to the Blade,

Rest in reason, pursue in passion,

Elijah Basia Uhr

Fromer Baron of the Fifth, Seventh, Eigth, Ninth, Twelfth Rings of Swords,

Warder Mentor of the Dragon Blademaster Dojo
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:04 pm

Date: 10 Dec 2002 18:23:14 EST

Drey,
Ask me about Dalila. We are good
friends.

Sir Robert
Warlord of DOS
Knight of the Holy Order
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Dec 2002 18:28:04 EST

A message to the Community

I Sir Robert Will Be Dalila's Lord of Honor.
In coming Challenge.

Sir Robert
Warlord of DOS
Knight of the Holy Order
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 11 Dec 2002 08:48:51 EST

>
>Drey,
>Ask me about Dalila. We are good
>friends.

Why?

Dalila has been here on and off. 'kay? Thats enough info for me.