A Challenge to the Overlord

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

A Challenge to the Overlord

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:23 pm

Date: 17 Jan 2003 22:09:02 EST

To the patrons of the Duel of Swords,

Be it known that on this day I have issued challenge to the Overlord of the Duel of Swords for her crown. I believe without reservation that the Overlordship, as the paragon title of the sport, should tested often and strenuously. It is in this spirit of open and earnest competition that I press challenge, out of a desire to fight to the best of my ability and give the Overlord opportunity to do the same.

Without a doubt the particulars of the match will be announced presently.

With utmost respect,
Arithon Falessan
DoS Archive
Archivist

Stepping about the arena for awhile...

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:23 pm

Date: 20 Jan 2003 18:38:49 EST

(Been gone for a bit, so if this is now on the wrong board, sorry :P)

Large clouds of dust where kicked up as the man moved through the old dark boarded up building. The lantern's fumes did nothing to drown out the smell of dust and rat droppings, it had been some time since anyone has set foot in this building it seemed. The hooded man moved easily around in the lantern light as if he had known this place well. A dust covered bar ran along one side of the common room, a large dueling ring was the center piece of the building. The man walked around the ring a few times, noticing the dust was so thick on the floor, he was leaving deep tracks. A smirk crossed the man's face as memories flooded over him.
He had left RhyDin a long time ago, his honor lost, his family torn apart, and his sanity on the verge of falling to pieces. Now, the man who had traveled for years had returned to his home. After visiting Britain, then moving to Hibernia where he undertook the training of the Naturalist Warden, the man thought it may be time to return to RhyDin, and perhaps the arena, maybe for honor, or to make amends for his wrongs in the past, or perhaps he had a few unsettled scores to settle. All reasons ran through his head as he looked upon the dust covered ring.
"Am I able to control myself now?" the man asked himself. "Can I handle seeing them all again? So much turmoil was in my life then..." the man paused and took a deep breath as he let the thought go.
The man nodded to himself. He had decided, that perhaps, he is indeed ready. He thirst for lost honor, he had dreamed of showing everyone he once knew that even he could change his ways. He felt that at one time in his life in the arena, he was loved by many. Perhaps he could regain that from the arena.

...Perhaps