A Hajin Mon master returns

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

A Hajin Mon master returns

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:24 pm

Date: 23 Jan 2003 20:39:20 EST

The path marker noted "3 miles to Downtown RhyDin," a thick cloud of smoke billowed from the hooded figure. The chill which settled over the town nipped at his chapped lips. He stood there finishing off the last drag of his cigarette before it was spit to the frozen earth. A hand slid from the warmth of the coat pockets and tugged the necklace from beneath his clothing, the black gem fused to the silver chain picked up a violet iridescence as he stared. Another puff of smoke rose from the hood.
"Now I'll display you as my prisoner as you once did to me."
The jewel was tucked back where it was safe and he started forward once more, a foot stamping out the still burning butt as he passed. As the buildings drew closer his fists tightened. Was returning a good idea? Would there finally be a sense of regularity? Road after road his familiarity of the city returned. Others walking the sidewalks began to stare, children pointed at the massive cloaked figure as it stalked toward the Red Dragon Inn. The focus of everyone's attention wasn't only the size of the stranger but also the mysterious ice blue aura encasing his frame.
He ducked into a back alley of the RDI and crept into the emergency exit of the Arena. As the hood was slid from his head it revealed the new shoulder length auburn locks. The once deep chocolate brown eyes had since faded to a softer brown. He peered through the arrant strands to soak in the new images around the large room. Just then he caught sight of the wooden dummy used to practice, and warm up against. Quiet footfalls carried him to the hanging pin cushion and a large hand was pressed to the battered and nicked wood. A sudden surge of images invaded his vision. Those of all his old friends, Chris, Ria, Quinn, Tical, Charlie, Meghan, Ayly and many others.
More questions arose, but those could only be answered in time. He withdrew his hand and clenched it to a fist, his knuckles cracking and turning white from the cold. A final glance was given to the poor dummy as he coiled his arm, an inaudible incantation was uttered just as he unleashed a devastating punch to the aged wood...
He whisked the hair from his eyes and gathered up his coat from the bar and stepped for the stairs leading up to the RDI. Before he ascended he stared back at the swinging dummy, and there, directly in the center was a perfect hole where his fist cut through, the edges singed from an unseen heat source.
"Well, it would appear I've mastered the Hajin Mon* fighting style." (And it only took three years of his life to do so.)
"Let's see how they like me now..."

-=End=-

(A.N.- I'm currently working on the prequels to this SL, stay tuned.)

* Hajin Mon- A secretive fighting style of Ninjutsu, masters of these techniques are believed to posses superhuman physical strength and battle technique. Additionally, they're said to have magical abilities which makes them even more feared among the Shinobi.