Grace and dignity

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Grace and dignity

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:55 pm

Date: 30 Jan 2003 22:30:25 EST

To the Dueling Community:

I have chosen to title this note as I have because grace and dignity are the two impressions which I believe will be left on us all by my predecessor, Lady Dalila. First and foremost I wish to salute her, for she fought bravely and with great honor.

Further, I wish to salute the patrons who came out to watch the match, and thank them for their courtesy and support, to both myself and Dalila.

Finally, though it is yet early to make sweeping statements of things to come, I wish to promise each of you that I will fulfill the responsibilities of my office with all the diligence and effort at my disposal. I urge each Baron and Warlord to consider their opinions carefully. If any feel that I am unworthy of the office of Overlord or that my reign must be tested, I welcome your challenges, as I believe that the Overlord should be ever ready to defend his crown.

And finally, to those who do not show respect to the sport, I promise that I will be ever in opposition to the forces of laxity, sloth and disdain.

With respect,
Arithon Falessan
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 31 Jan 2003 00:05:43 EST

Kiss my tuckus.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 02 Feb 2003 11:54:58 EST

Ari,

Well spoke. My support to you is a given.

Sgt. Sneggle