Calling Ellisa Morgan

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Calling Ellisa Morgan

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:06 pm

Date: 10 Feb 2003 22:32:14 EST

Lady Morgan,

I am in need of your professional services for a matter concerning the ring of the 7th Barony.
Seems that Harris D'Artainian has played a wee trick on me in an attempt to be cute.
He has abdicated the 7th and givin be a sack of rings that are made to resemble the original ring.
I know you will be able to identify the ring on site and thus appeal to you for assitance.
The rings will be located in my office and one of my personal secretaries will be happy to show you the assortment.
Feel free to help yourself to any of the copies as they are rather nice knock offs.
Look me up if you prefer I be there.
Thanks kindly
Nych
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:06 pm

Date: 11 Feb 2003 18:15:49 EST

The boy ran in with a grin that nearly split his face in two, and began to vie for her attention in a nonverbal manner. She allowed him to do his little pantomime for a bit, knowing it was all a part of the excitement for him, although she was a slightly curious what had him in such a huff.

"Yes, Robert?" Ellisa lifted her gaze from the papers in front of her, pushing back from the desk and rising as she spoke.

"Look what I found!" The boy nearly knocked himself out getting too close to a low beam in the cabin in his rush to hand her the paper.

She read it quickly, and a wolfish grin stole across her lips. "Good work, Robert. Tom will see that you are well rewarded for this, wait a moment for a reply."

Ellisa leaned over the desk and gathered a parchment and quill to pen a reply, murmuring something about finally getting a date with the fine Mr. Riever - Robert wisely refrained from letting out the cackle at the thought of the poor man trapped in Ellisa's cabin.

Nych,

It would be a pleasure to assist you in this task. Please bring this sack of rings to my ship at your earliest convenience. I will inform my crew to admit a person matching your description, security you understand.

Sincerely yours,

Ellisa
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:07 pm

Date: 11 Feb 2003 20:13:24 EST

::Venturing back to the office after settling a myriad of disputes between those deemed "the Hierarchy" of the DoS, the parchment paper caught his eye as he settled into the leather office chair he had "borrowed" from the Duely Noted's office.
Taking note of the fine penmanship, he read the note in its entirety pausing momentarily on the generous offer by the lady Morgan and the invitation to her ship.
Not being too familiar with the wharf and areas surrounding it, he pulls a small map from the center drawer of the ancient desk he inherited from the previous occupant of this office. Taking great pains to familiarize himself with the "assumed" Seedy area of the township before penning a small note to send her announcing his intent to take her up on the offer.
He slips a sheet of fine paper from another drawer and takes quill to parchment.
" Lady Morgan,
I am honored by your invitation and generous offer to sort this mess out for me.
I shall arrive on the dock some time this evening. I look forward to spending some time with one of RhyDin's greatest Baronesses.
Kindly
Nych.
::Tucking the paper into an official envelope, he grabs the nearest runner, slips the note and a silver in the lads hand and scurries him off to deliver the message.
Pocketing the small sack of forged rings, he closes the office door on his way out to meet the lady Morgan::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 14 Feb 2003 20:19:28 EST

::Nych finds his way to the colorful end of RhyDin as he treks toward Morgan's vessel. His boot heels softly clicking as he treads long the wooden dock toward the gangplank and the men standing watch at its base.
Not wishing to surprise them, he begins to wistle an old sea tune once heard in the taverns of his homeland. Knowing he is spotted, he steps closer and calls out::
"Good evening gentlemen, Nycholas DeGyrlington to see the Captain if you please"
::After the evil eye treatment, the men bid him wait as one moves toward the ship. Nych stands casually by as he awaits permission to board:::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 16 Feb 2003 21:52:21 EST

The preparations had been made, he would come aboard, the ship would leave the port. She wondered if the gent could swim, but it was winter and that route would be suicide. All in all, what she had in mind was not so horrid, she reminded herself. Ellisa had to keep reminding herself of that, but her mental pathways were used to certain things and old habits died hard, even mental ones.

When Thomas came down to announce Nych came calling, she stood up,"Well, it is chilly out there, let him up."

Ellisa moved confidently through the ship toward the upper decks. The Dragon moved sluggishly when put to port, as a wild beast forced to pace a small cage, she would set the beast free tonight so he could rampage a bit.

By the time she arrived to the upper deck, Nych was waiting there, surrounded by three men, whom she immediately signaled to go back to their posts. She stood looking at him a moment, examing her catch.

Ellisa had dressed up slightly for the occasion, still wearing her black leather pants, and knee high boots, but she wore a white cape over a white silk blouse - an unusual color for her. She'd be told before that white accented her complexion. She wore a simple gold chain around her neck, and her hair - normally bound tight and out of the way to duel, was loose and the golden curls were at the beck and call of the wind.

"So nice of you to meet me here, Nych. I do hope the trip was not too disturbing." Not waiting for an answer she continued, motioning for her to follow. "Shall we adjourn to a cabin away from the bite of winter?"
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 24 Feb 2003 22:56:08 EST

::Nych could not help but note the free flowing curls, unfamiliar to him, slipping across the silken cape. His instincts told him not to follow, but he cast them aside and treaded the steps that carried him below decks.::
Ellisa, I am most appreciative of your offer to sort out this little mess the former Baron has laid before me.
Milady, I could not help but notice while on deck, it seemed your crew was attempting to ready for sailing. Are you planning on putting to sea soon? This matter shouldn't take long, I am certain your familiarity to the ring will make it a simple task to detect the frauds and I will no delay your departure.

::speaking as she walks, he can't help but get the feeling she has more than the rings on her mind. His years of dealing with border Reivers, Bandits and the occasional Pirate had honed his intuition. The telling signs of ulterior motives were present, but his trust of the lady would not allow him to read them.
Waiting for her to look over the rings, he followed further into the ship, knowing she would ask when she was ready::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:08 pm

Date: 03 Mar 2003 22:43:39 EST

::running to the end of the wharf the old scot was near exhaustion when he reached the landing where the Captian's boat was about to weigh anchor. Calling out to the men working the rigging, his voice not at all loud due to the lack of oxygen::
Ellisa Morgan, Nycholas DeGyrlinton, The tourney is near over, gi' me the ring before Goon and Lucian come looking for yuir heads.
Unsure if he is even heard as the ship makes to sea, he stands breathless, knowing well the hell DeGyrlington will pay for this one:::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:08 pm

Date: 04 Mar 2003 00:15:14 EST

Nych stopped cold hearing the scot's braying on the wharf. Feeling the ship as it begins to rock he knows he is in trouble.
Spinning in his tracks, he bolts up the stairs, retracing his steps out of the hold. Bowling the first man he meets over with a lineman like tackle, he hits the cool night air on the deck. Not thinking of anything but the tourney, he lept overboard into the frigid water. His luck was good as they were no more than a hunderd yards from shore. Flailing more than swimming, he reaches the edge of the dock where the old scot offers a hand to hoist his shivering body from the cold water.
"Hurry Seamus, we must get these to the annex before they decide to string me up"
::running as fast as his feet would carry him,he arrives at the Inn and darts through to the oak doors of the arena, down the stairs he flies, down into to the annex. Bursting in, he stands dripping on the landing, hoping to be in time to save the day::