Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

52nd Overlord defends his title

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:17 pm

Date: 17 Feb 2003 23:00:10 EST

Ladies and Gents

on the 17th evening of February and within the confines of the Dueler's Arena,
I did officiate a challenge between Cassius Maximus,Baron of the Ninth, and the Overlord, Arithon Falessen.

Arithon dueled under his house colors, those being black, gold and crimson.His Lady of Honor was the lovely Elle Mc Bride.
Baroness of the Fourth, Jaycy Ashleana served as his second.(she was lovely too)

The Roman's banner was white with a double-headed eagle on it, clutching bundles of arrows in it's talons. The eagle is surrounded by a half-circle of olive wreath, with the letters "S P Q R" inscribed in gold in Latin style below. He dueled with the gladius, Imperator

Cory Havoick stood as his Second, his Lady of Honor was Can'tora Fevrianne( another lovely)

This was dueled in a single match format where all the marbles were in one duel.

The duel was fought in 8 rounds with the overlord retaining his title.
After the loss, Cas petitioned the Overlord for a placement as a Loyal Baron and was denied.

The details

Cassius Arithon

1) Fancy Sidestep Thrust
2) Fancy Duck Low cut
3) Stop hit High Cut
4) Fancy Sidestep Fancy Circ parry
5) Thrust High cut
6) Stop hit Low cut
7) Low cut Thrust
8) Fancy duck Low cut

Final score Arithon defeats Cassius, 5-3 in 8 rounds.

Witnessed this 17th day of February, 2003
Nycholas DeGyrlington
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Feb 2003 03:42:15 EST

An interesting duel, and amusing aftermath. Good dueling on both sides. Arithon, a respectable choice, though honestly I still wish you had held your ground earlier. For curiosity's sake though, if I were to petition for loyalty, would I be denied too?

I'm hoping you'd say no, since I've done nothing to regain your trust... but I would find it amusing and ironic if you say yes. Either way, I would like to repeat I find it what you did this evening as a respectable act.

As for Cas, at least you have good company in the Renegade Barons.

Var Medici-Giovanni

Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Feb 2003 08:55:35 EST

Lord Medici-Giovanni,

I recognize that you appear to be asking a rhetorical answer, but I will give a concrete response nonetheless.

Were you to petition for loyalty at this time, I would be unable to accept your petition.

The reason for not accepting your petition would be the same as my reason for not accepting that of Cassius Maximius. Many Barons chose to pledge loyalty at the beginning of my reign. They did so freely, out of a belief that I was worthy of their trust and honor, and without compulsion or ulterior motive.

You acted out of your own belief that I was not worthy of your loyalty and changed your alignment. I respect that choice, but I do not wish to slight those who gave loyalty without qualification by accepting one who clearly has qualms about my leadership.

I have a great deal of respect for both you and Cassius, and expect that we will continue to be friends. Unfortunately, I believe firmly that the dignity and respect of the Overlordship must be maintained.

Finally, on a personal note to the community at large, I do not wish sycophants or those currying favor to look for acceptance as a Loyal Baron. As long as I am Overlord, I expect those who declare Loyalty, with the rights and expectations incumbent thereon, to adhere to the same concepts that I am attempting to embody in the Overlordship. Honor, dignity, mutual respect and skill at arms.

Arithon Falessan
Overlord
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Feb 2003 19:52:39 EST

As long as I am Overbutt, I expect all my Loyals to grab a wad of toilet paper and shine me spotless.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Date: 18 Feb 2003 19:59:33 EST

::And that handwriting was of one Bode Bojangles, not Deluthan :P ::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Feb 2003 21:10:10 EST

Only thing I wonder here is if I were OL...who wouldn't be renegade?

Huma
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 27 Feb 2003 09:46:52 EST

"Only thing I wonder here is if I were OL...who wouldn't be renegade?

Huma"

Eh, I'd would be loyal. You would just be too damn funny as the Overlord.

-Evan

Exile
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 27 Feb 2003 09:52:05 EST

I am sorry I could not attend the match in person. However, well done on the defense and attempt to oppose. Baron Cassius Maximus: the attempted, yet smooth still, ducking tactics was the down fall of the match for it seems those moves alone killed your adrenaline. Maybe next time. As a special note; my respect to the defending Overlord Arithon Falessen for placing the title in a single bout.

-Evan

EXILE