The Forfeited Fith Ring

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:13 pm

Date: 08 Jun 2003 04:30:56 EDT

"If a warlord or warlady is unable to visit every night, or even once a week, perhaps they could give advance notice on this board of the nights during the cycle that they actually will attend. Everyone wants rare peer wins, no?"

As well meaning as this is, I would say no. If they want to do it on their own, then I guess that's fine... but honestly, the last thing we need is for some half baked Warlord thinking his/her appearance in the Arena is that special it warrants an announcement. It shouldn't be that rare.
I'd like some degree of humility. Making every appearance of an individual out as a special event doesn't quite ring that bell.
If finding peer duels are that important... write to some of the warlords who don't attend so much and ask them to show up during a specific shift so you can duel them. I checked the standings... somewhere around 43 warlords alone. Add in the Baron's Council. You have plenty of options.

Var Medici-Giovanni
Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:13 pm

Date: 05 Jun 2003 16:36:25 EDT

to all concerned parties,

This poll was just that, a chance to see some opinions not to vote on the actual outcome.

I have always tried to be even handed and hear the facts before acting and in this case I didn't get "all " the facts in the matters at hand.

In the case of Harris, he has whether you like it or not, helped to remove the dead wood which seems to be decaying at the upper level of the standings.
Apathy is eating away at the Duel of Swords and will be it's demise if we allow it to continue.

I hereby reverse the original uninformed decison to remove his right of challenge.
I would ask Harris to bear in mind I am looking over his shoulder and that should his actions warrant discipline, they will be acted on.

On to the crux of the issue of the Fifth ring.
Since Harris has disdain for it having tossed it aside twice this year, it shall be awarded to the next warlord in line so that it does not remain as inactive as some that are occupied by esteemed absent Barons.
Shakira would have fought all in line for it but Manni has retired, Del has not even responded to me query and Karen will not allow herself to fight for it having been eliminated when she was, so...........
The Fifth ring is awarded to Shakira and I hope she defends it regularly.

I am also making a seperate announcement regarding inactivity by Barons and the lame excuses of wars in homelands and ventures across oceans or what ever they come up with to justify letting their name be prominantly posted each week while they are away for months at a time.

Take this as a warning, those who are not active will be removed from the standings as if they were lesser ranked and their titles will be placed in tournaments, either warlord, commoner or tag team from hence forth.

Any taking issue with this decision know where I work, I will be happy to take up the matter at any time

Nycholas De Gyrlington
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:14 pm

Date: 06 Jun 2003 22:29:53 EDT

The catdemoness Shakira is a Baron...

...an imp is a DoS caller.

May the gods help us!