Japanese heavy metal on the block

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:03 pm

Date: 14 Aug 2003 00:12:18 EDT

<< Do us all a favor and don't think. Your ignorance speaks for itself.
>>

And I think also that whoever wrote this note must be very wise but unable to sign their name.

Sprite Argo
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 14 Aug 2003 01:13:47 EDT

Does tha sword really make tha man? ::shrugs, walks off, having his own katana, thank you very much::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 14 Aug 2003 01:17:26 EDT

Ser Argo:

You wrote: "Here is what *I* think:

Unagi is a cold blooded killer who had no reason to murder Kateri for selling something in her own possession.

I pity whoever has it in their possession for it is the blade of a dishonorable man."

Under th' laws an' traditions o' Miyamoto-sama's lands, he was fully within his rights tae kill Kateri fer th' grave insult tae his honor.
It dinnae be me place, nor me right, tae condemn his actions in th' matter... nor be it yers.

As fer th' note thet were left unsigned... Well, I can tell it be Onyx's handwritin' clear as day. Ye could've e'en asked one o' th' lads tae tell ye thet.

Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Captain of the Order of the Knights Templar
First Catholic Church of Rhy'Din
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 14 Aug 2003 14:16:32 EDT

"Under th' laws an' traditions o' Miyamoto-sama's lands, he was fully within his rights tae kill Kateri fer th' grave insult tae his honor."

Because this is obviously Unagi's homeland and all.

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:04 pm

Date: 14 Aug 2003 20:14:57 EDT

Nae, Stark...

This be Rhy-Din. Th' City where there be nae Laws at all. Only thet which can be enforced by those with wills strong enough tae do so.

Yet those with Honor hold tae th' Laws o' their home, when they do travel in lands with no Laws o' their own.

Lady Karen Wilder
First Catholic Church of Rhy-Din.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 14 Aug 2003 22:54:43 EDT

Karen,
Miyamoto-sama is not in these lands. So he was not fully within his rights to kill Kateri. I do not see this grave insult that his honor suffered.
And I am not a handwritin' expert. It is not wise to assume that because you can tell it be Onyx's handwritin' clear as day that everyone else can.

Whether or not Unagi's killing of Kate was legal or not, it was certainly immoral and unjustified. Only a catholic would argue against that.

Sprite Argo
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 15 Aug 2003 02:01:35 EDT

"Yet those with Honor hold tae th' Laws o' their home, when they do travel in lands with no Laws o' their own."

Thanks for the laugh.

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 15 Aug 2003 07:11:36 EDT

"Yet those with Honor hold tae th' Laws o' their home, when they do travel in lands with no Laws o' their own."

Wow. So, let me get this straight, Karen. Some people have odd customs. Like there are some tribes that stone children as offerings to God and some tribes that hold their women down kicking and screaming to circumcise them. You can't be disgusted by their rituals because then you wouldn't be respecting their culture. We can't judge Unagi and the victim's friends can't avenge her death because Unagi was simply acting under his own laws.

I am sure there are moral philosophers everywhere screaming in pain upon hearing your explanation. Plus, can you only imagine the traffic problems it would cause if we all followed the laws from our homeland instead of what has become the norm here in RhyDin?

Sprite -- Karen's view point on this is not the traditional Catholic view point. Most faithful Catholics believe that there is a higher law and that murder (unless in the act of self-defense) is a great wrong.

- Maria
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:05 pm

Date: 15 Aug 2003 22:15:31 EDT

I have tae love th' attitudes 'round here.

I ne'er said thet I agreed with what Unagi-sama did, ye jest assumed it.

It is nae up tae me tae judge another's actions. Th' Lord does a fine job o' thet.

Th' Knights Templar dinnae force our ideals upon others... th' Bible tells us thet is wrong, an' close upon a Sin of Pride. Instead we lead our lives accordin' tae th' Word o' God an' offer His Guidance and His Protection to those who seek it.

Lady Karen Wilder
First Catholic Church of Rhy-Din
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:06 pm

Date: 20 Aug 2003 21:45:17 EDT

Everybody is against everything someone else does unless it works to their favor. So, if it was a crew member who did it, or a friend of Sprites, etc, it would have been perfectly okay.

Me, I don't mind it if Unagi killed off Kate. and it doesn't work in my favor, either.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 21 Aug 2003 00:43:18 EDT

"Everybody is against everything someone else does unless it works to their favor."

Words of wisdom.

"So, if it was a crew member who did it, or a friend of Sprites, etc, it would have been perfectly okay."

Poor example.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 21 Aug 2003 03:20:57 EDT

>"So, if it was a crew member who did it, or a friend of Sprites, etc, it
>would have been perfectly okay."
>
>Poor example.

Allow me to expand on why I said that.

Using two of the "groups" who were arguing against Kateri's death as being a horrible type thing, I was implying that had, for example, someone stolen Chris' Favorite baseball bat or Sprite's favorite Elf thing, and they'd killed the thief, or what have you, that the Crew would have said something like "Yeah, see, Crew backs up it's own and shows peeps that you can't mess with us." (Using more slang infested words, or Sprite would have killed the perpetrator and felt justified in doing so.

Same case here. Unagi was slighted, felt justified in exacting retribution to the perpetrator, and people are against him for this. Had the tables been turned, it would have been okay to get their revenge, and they would not think anything along the lines of how evil or wrong or how bad it was to do something.

If you meant something along the lines of "Poor example." because you feel the Crew and Sprite aren't anything to worry about, then it's something different from what I was implying.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:07 pm

Date: 21 Aug 2003 10:50:26 EDT

People fragged up. Drek happens. Past is past, done is done. Get tha frag over it.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 25 Aug 2003 10:01:20 EDT

<< I was implying that had, for example, someone stolen Chris' Favorite baseball bat or Sprite's favorite Elf thing, and they'd killed the thief, or what have you, that the Crew would have said something like "Yeah, see, Crew backs up it's own and shows peeps that you can't mess with us." (Using more slang infested words, or Sprite would have killed the perpetrator and felt justified in doing so. >>

G'nort,
Maybe you are forgetting that Kateri did not steal anything from Unagi. The sword was a gift. Also, I would not kill someone over something so petty as a sword.

How did you feel when Charlie died? I know that she was not murdered directly, but someone had tweaked the ward. If you knew who to come down upon, would you be angry with them? I am angry because I know who killed Kateri. And if you feel that I am nothing to worry about, that's fine. But I am no joke for you and Starke to laugh about.

Sincerely,
Sprite
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 25 Aug 2003 16:29:48 EDT

You're definitely something to laugh about, and nothing more.

- Starke