Japanese heavy metal on the block

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:55 pm

Date: 17 Jul 2003 00:09:44 EDT

By my reckoning, the auction was supposed to close a few days ago.

Jak
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:56 pm

Date: 17 Jul 2003 00:24:42 EDT

All of this over a sharp, pointy bit? And no fair, Karen, using a charitable organization to fund yer bids, when ye can choose to donate the proceeds right back to yer church.

If ye all want memorabilia and have got money burning holes in yer pockets, I've got an eight year old Red Dragon Inn coffee mug still caked with dried coffee, a spoon half eaten by Grail stew, one of Aunt Edna's cigar butts, and a "Sam Speaks for us all!" button I'd put up fer auction.

Will Wulfson
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Jul 2003 10:12:53 EDT

Now, now, Will. Don't be disrespecting the sword. This isn't any old pigsticker. This is the sword of the famed Unagi Miyamoto.

As far as memorabilia goes, Unagi's blade deserves some respect. If you want to sell that coffee mug, that's nifty, but don't be putting it in league with the sword of one of the living legends of the Arena.

I'll offer you a couple of silvers for the mug if you want to get rid of it.

Jak O'Swords
collector of swords
and other sharp pointy things
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Jul 2003 20:53:15 EDT

I dunno Collie...

I think thet Rhiannon would geld 'im ifin ye asked.

Will...

I did nae bid usin' Church funds. I merely act as th' Order's representative here. 'Twas th' Cardinal thet made th' bid, as I explained.

Seamus...

I believe thet th' most appropriate place fer th' Blade tae be, aside from in Unagi's own hands o'course, is in th' display here in th' Arena with th' weapons thet so many other duelists have left behind.

Lady Karen Wilder
Knight-Captain of the Order of the Knights Templar
First Catholic Church of RhyDin
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 19 Jul 2003 01:58:17 EDT

A couple of silvers? I could get more than that just by holding the mug in front of me on a street corner and acting like a bum! This mug was served to me by none other than Grail himself, and drank from by yours truly! It's even got one of my teeth still stuck in the coffee (either that, or its a piece of gravel that Grail threw into it when it was brewing). I also had some leftover Grail's stew I was going to sell, but it seems to have escaped again...

Anyway, any proceeds will be donated to Twilight Isle's G.A.R.B.A.G.E. (Goblins Against something something something...I forget) union. Mur's been tearing/lopping their heads off and selling them them as trinkets again, and they need the money to hire some bodyguards.

Will Wulfson
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Date: 22 Jul 2003 12:08:19 EDT

::Having gathered the necessary materials to create a bundori, the diminutive samurai slipped into the black on black night to make his bid. First, he needed to locate the woman. She would be near the sword... and the sword he could find. Unagi paused near the willow tree outside his compound and settled into the posture of "body like a rock". Acheiving this meditative state of heightened awarness, he listened for bhamaak, the pulse. Bhamaak would guide him to the rosewood hafted shirasaya. When the slowly pounding rhythm of the heart of the earth rose through his legs, Unagi opened his eyes, checked his weapons and the sack containing the rouge, spike and board, and set off at a swift pace.::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 03 Aug 2003 06:53:23 EDT

::Kateri dies::
::Sprite receives the sword::

(( That's the condensed version. Sorry, I just can't keep up. :( ))
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 03 Aug 2003 13:39:42 EDT

::Penetrating the defenses of the compound was no simple task. But before daybreak the diminutive samurai gained the woman's private chamber.

Alerted to his presence, the battle was vicious. Though sorely wounded himself, Unagi at last trapped Kateri's blade with the swallow-tail defense and the swift counter stroke neatly severed her head.

Immediately, the samurai set to work with brush, rouge, board, and spike.

Later that day the bundori was left at the RBID offices - the woman's head, firmly mounted on to the spike that was driven through the bottom of the board, cheeks rouged, hair drawn back and tied with a short length of sky-blue silk.

An attached rice-paper note read: "I, Miyamoto Unagi, make this bid for rosewood shirasaya."

But the shirasaya itself was no where to be found.::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 03 Aug 2003 21:29:55 EDT

The shirasaya was passed from Kateri to Sprite only hours before Unagi's fatal visit. While the elf had written of placing the blade where it belonged, he never did specify where he felt that was. Unknown to others, Sprite went directly to the Muted Castle after receiving the sword.

Upon the wall overlooking the dueling rings, Sprite mounted the blade in a wooden frame with a glass cover so that all visiting duelists could see it. The elf then walked hastily into his office. He returned to the sword with a large book in his hand.

Reading from the appropriate pages, Sprite placed many enchantments on the weapon and it's display case so that noone would take it.

Sprite Argo
House Vaporin
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:58 pm

Date: 08 Aug 2003 21:09:23 EDT

((Was hoping there would be a correction made on this. 20,000 was not the high bid.))

Well, not quite sure what happened here, so I'd like to formally request an investigation into the auction as I believe the sword was delivered to the wrong party.

Sprite, nothing personal, but I do not believe you are the proper owner of the blade in question, so don't become too attached to it.

Jak O'Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 09 Aug 2003 19:03:12 EDT

How adorable.

I wish I was so materialistic.

- Starke
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 09 Aug 2003 20:38:29 EDT

"Sprite, nothing personal, but I do not believe you are the proper owner of
the blade in question, so don't become too attached to it.

Jak O'Swords"

I believe only Miyamoto Unagi has the right to make such threats.

It's not like you're capable of backing them up anyhow.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 10 Aug 2003 00:17:01 EDT

Well, no wonder the Roman civilization fell! You guys can't identify the real threats!

Thanks for piping in, Cas, but I don't recall making a threat. In fact, I asked for an investigation. Last time I checked, the way auctions normally work, is that the high bidder gets the prize.

Didn't happen that way, so I want to find out why.

As for my ability to back up a threat, well, since I didn't make one, I guess you don't have to worry about it. Go back to trading Baron rings with people.

Thanks for playing, though, Roman.

Jak O'Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:59 pm

Date: 10 Aug 2003 00:19:09 EDT

Starke, I'm sure if you save up your pennies you can work up to being materialistic one day. I got faith in ya.

Jak
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:59 pm

Date: 10 Aug 2003 01:09:13 EDT

>Starke, I'm sure if you save up your pennies you can work up to being
>materialistic one day. I got faith in ya.

If you weren't so benighted in what I possess, I'd take that to heart.

I'm sure you're somewhat witty to someone else.

- Starke