12th Challenge Results

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

12th Challenge Results

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:31 pm

Date: 18 Jul 2003 10:13:35 EDT

Challenge Of The 12th

I happened to witness the challenge for the 12th, where Topaz challenged the Baron Nick for his ring.

Topaz's seconds were Xenograg the Sorcerer and Lord Arithon Falessan. Nick had no seconds but he draped his house banner on his side of the ring; a silver hour glass, set in a field of black. It was to be a best of three.

The first duel was won by Topaz, 5-2 in 7 rounds. The second duel was won by Nick 5-1 in 7 rounds. The third and final duel was very close. Topaz got first blood and the lead by round 5, Nick caught up with her by round 7, and so the duel went to thirteen rounds where Nick took the win, the final score 5-4.

Nick remains Baron of the 12th. Well fought, Nick. It was a very good show of skill, Topaz.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 18 Jul 2003 20:53:58 EDT

Most excellent dueling, Baron.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 22 Jul 2003 00:10:29 EDT

::walking up to the board he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a piece of rumpled parchment::

::tacking it up to the board he then tries to smooth it out::

::standing back he reads the following::

It has been a few days since the challenge duel, and I have taken my time recuperating...anybody that thinks Topaz is an easy match has another thing coming....I commend her for a fantastic duel...actually, for three of them...had it not been for the best of three format..I would stand ringless this day...and the realization that I have come across..that I am worthy of the 12th ring...and I not only proved it to those watching...I proved it to myself.

Topaz showed great skill and I am still in awe that I was able to pull it off...I have nothing but respect for her and in the future..if I had to ask for a second..she would be one of the first ones that I would approach.

Anybody else that thinks that the 12th is theirs...all I can say is:

"Come and get it."

::Having no arrogance in that statement..nothing but stated facts...he turns and walks away...twiddling the ring on his finger as he goes::
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 22 Jul 2003 21:33:43 EDT

Have a few more Peers show up in th' Arena, an' I jest might.