Unagi, come out, come out wherever you are

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Unagi, come out, come out wherever you are

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:54 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 14:21:21 EDT

Unagi

You sawed-off pile of dung. Where are you hiding? Come out, come out, wherever you are and answer for your murdering ways.

I mean to have satisfaction one way or the other and by now you and your ilk should know that I am not in the habit of relenting my point of view.

So, I give you ten days from this date to submit to trial by combat with me. The gods will judge. If you win you are vindicated. You lose you are guilty of murder most foul.

If you chose to ignore this then whatever happens next is on your head.

Capt Sneggle
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 01 Sep 2003 14:58:12 EDT

Yer nae bein' verra smart, lad.

Yer only gonna end up gettin' yer own head sliced off.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 01 Sep 2003 15:45:49 EDT

>Yer nae bein' verra smart, lad.
>
> Yer only gonna end up gettin' yer own head sliced off.

The Captain is quite capable of holding his own with any opponent in armed combat.

Hold Fast,
Grayson MacLeod.
Past Holder of IceDancer, Emerald of the Duel of Fists.
Warlord of the Duel of Swords.
Past Keeper of Water.
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 16:07:15 EDT

>
>The Captain is quite capable of holding his own with any opponent in armed
>combat.

Thanks for the amusement there, nephew.

On a side note, and I know I should be the last one saying this since I'd likely do the same sort of thing were I so inclined, but it amuses me to see some people becoming that which they are angry against.

On another note, tell me, Snegs, you're supposed to be a soldier, have you ever killed anyone? If so, explain to me the differences between your killings and Unagi's killings. War does not make an excuse. Killing is still killing, so, justify it, also.

Well, actually, I should digress and withdraw before I get more hipocritical than I already am.

Good luck Snegs. Be nice to see how it turns out. Gotta admit though, my money's on Unagi. He dresses better.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 16:10:51 EDT

>So, I give you ten days from this date to submit to trial by combat with me.
>The gods will judge. If you win you are vindicated. You lose you are guilty
>of murder most foul.

Okay, by who's laws is this? If he loses he's guilty, wins he was okay to kill? What's next? Do we start pulling out witchcraft tests? If the witches accused drown they weren't witches, if they float they were? What else? I'm sure there's all sorts of historical crap we can pull out to pass judgement.

Snegs, I never really liked you, I think you know that, but even this is kinda beneath you. You're not a judge. And if Unagi doesn't answer you within ten days, what then? And if he does, and kicks you around, what then? If he does and beats you, I already know your path. You'll keep hounding and hounding him.

In any case, I'm going to be amused to see how this turns out. I kinda hope Unagi doesn't respond within this "Ultimatum" of 10 days. It'll be funnier.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:11 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 20:36:14 EDT

If this challenge is not met within the allotted time the blade will be destroyed.

Sprite Argo
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 01 Sep 2003 20:39:06 EDT

v The Captain is quite capable of holding his own with
v any opponent in armed combat.

Good thing because he can't hold up in a battle of wits.

Collie
DoS Archive
Archivist

Date: 01 Sep 2003 20:56:42 EDT

>If this challenge is not met within the allotted time the blade will be
>destroyed.

And how can you know such an event will occur if you don't know who's got the blade?
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:12 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 22:56:50 EDT

Gnort,

Nice of you to bow out of this discussion. Perhaps, however, it would have been more beneficial to your reputation had you removed yourself from the debate before once again demonstrating your complete and utter failure to look beyond those involved and actually tackle the real moral dilemma.

You made a joking matter of the captain's seemingly genuine outrage and hurt over the death of his dear friend, claiming that Unagi was simply acting under the laws of his own people. You suggested that the captain choose some course of action instead of arguing pointlessly on this board. However, when the captain did announce (quite poorly, I will admit) which course of action he wished to pursue, you asked him under what laws he was doing so. Can you not see the double standard? The captain is acting under his own laws as was Unagi. Although, I do not believe he will succeed in his endeavor, I do understand the need to avenge a friend's pointless death.

While the loyalty of a small few of you to one another is charming in a simple childlike way, you're attempts to moralize Unagi's actions are tiring. Your immature group has a pathetic way of picking out the weak sheep and then abusing that sheep on these boards until he runs for cover. I do truly believe that you think you are amusing us with your sense of humor but your humor is played out and the jokes boorish. The next time you enter the Arena and see the poor patronage, blame yourself. For it is attitudes like yours and the rest of your peers that creates an atmosphere that hinders growth. Those who wish to speak out on these boards will, of course, think twice when they see that doing so makes them a target of those with a lot of immature friends.

And to your good friend, Collie, the battle of wits is over, my dear. You've been deemed a tired old hag and set out to pasture with your beloved horses. Please remain there.

Arane Ganderfald
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:13 pm

Date: 01 Sep 2003 23:29:29 EDT

"The Captain is quite capable of holding his own with any opponent in armed
combat."

::At the bottom of this note, an older scribbling could be found pinned to the paper with a small dagger. Further down the corkboard, an astute observer would notice that months of old notes had been tossed aside, as if someone had been searching for something::

Ninth Defended

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:13 pm

Date: 02 Sep 2003 02:01:18 EDT

Arane...

Blah Blah Blah.

what's yer offer?

~Huma
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Date: 02 Sep 2003 02:26:45 EDT

::Reprints an old writing, and sticking it on top of the "Ninth Defended" notice::

Results of the 10ths

::Adds::
Be careful what you gloat about, because you can't make a point if your life depended on it.

In terms of Lorance and Unagi, this is between Lorance and Unagi, and Grayson's right; Lorance could beat Unagi if the two of them are stupid enough to go through with it. If I recall correctly, one of the greatest duelers, Jeffrey Oakenshield, said anyone can beat anyone on any day.
If these two, or any two, are foolish enough to stake their lives against such simple wisdom, then I hope the duel is a very painful one.

Var Medici-Giovanni
Proud Father, Proud Husband
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Date: 02 Sep 2003 03:42:52 EDT

>You made a joking matter of the captain's seemingly genuine outrage and hurt
>over the death of his dear friend, claiming that Unagi was simply acting
>under the laws of his own people.

I didn't make any jokes.

>You suggested that the captain choose some course of action instead of
>arguing pointlessly on this board. However, when the captain did announce
>(quite poorly, I will admit) which course of action he wished to pursue, you
>asked him under what laws he was doing so. Can you not see the double
>standard?

Sneggle calls Unagi a murderer, says he will make him pay for his crime.

A few days later he says "Fight me, if you win, you're innocent, you lose, guilty."

So, first he's guilty, then he's got to fight so Snegs can decide if he's guilty or not?

I question which laws he's using cause he's rapidly changing them. Is he using his laws, his lands laws, someone elses? If Unagi and Snegs don't fight, is there going to be a new addendum? I simply would like things clarified.

Also, I just want to make it clear that I'm not taking sides in this matter. I'm playing the part of the nuetral party who is curious to see how the matter turns out for its entertainment value.

Least something's going on around here, eh?

>Although, I do not believe he will succeed in his endeavor, I do understand
>the need to avenge a friend's pointless death.

I'm not arguing this, as I understand. Also, I understand how Unagi sees it as not a pointless death, but retribution for a wrong against him. Again, I am neutral and see both sides here.

>
>While the loyalty of a small few of you to one another is charming in a
>simple childlike way, you're attempts to moralize Unagi's actions are tiring.
>Your immature group has a pathetic way of picking out the weak sheep .........

I certainly hope you're not placing me in a group, because I'm not picking on him because I think he's weak, I'm not trying to be funny, and I'm not attempting to make him run away. I've usually spoken out against Snegs ever since he's started coming around. What's the point of thinking speaking against him would make him run now? Hell, he's more likely to run if I side with him. (That was the joke of the post. FYI.)

Anyway, Yes, I've justified Unagi's killing of Kate. Yes, I've said to have Snegs and Sprite do something about it. Yes, they finally have. Now, let them pick a path and stick to it.

G
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:15 pm

Date: 02 Sep 2003 04:08:45 EDT

Perhaps I should have been a tad more verbose.

Greyson made the literal claim that Lorance could hold his own with anyone. The word anyone was specifically used. I disagree with this opinion, and provided solid proof that Lorance has not always been able to hold his own with "anyone". Thing is, that's not all the proof there is. He's challenged me three times, and three times he left the Arena that night as a Warlord still. And then there are a couple others. Now, it is true that I've lost my share, but I've won my share as well. Lorance Sneggle hasn't.

Before you talk about how Cassius is basing everything on dueling success again...do remember that the topic is Lorance's ability with a blade. And I know of no other venue that I've seen him display such ability in. So, as a preemptive defense against the inveitable accusations of holding ranks and records above all...I wouldn't suppose you have a better measuring stick for how good Lorance is with pointy things?

As for the issue between Lorance and Unagi, yes, anyone can win a duel at any given time. But regardless, a hierarchy of skill has emerged in this bloodsport, and has been there since Gondar first claimed the mantle. Everyone can lose a duel at any time, but certain people are more likely to win a given duel than others. That's just the way it is.
In my opinion, Unagi is more likely to win than Lorance. That is a crucial distinction, since if this barbaric contest goes as I think it will, Lorance's teeth are going to be chattering in the sands of whatever dueling ring they're in.

Finally, the initial issue was between Unagi and Sprite, or Unagi and Kateri. Lorance Sneggle decided to intervene. I have as much right to intervene as he does. The majority of people who have responded to this discussion have claimed respect for Unagi's skill, but no personal bonds. I'm proud to say this is not the case with me. Miyamoto Unagi is my friend. He has bled in the rings to further the cause of my team; of our team. I do know him, I am not neutral, and I am deeply offended by both Kateri's disgraceful action and Lorance's misguided desire for revenge.

There is an understanding within Miyamoto Unagi's culture that actions that could be perceived as cruel must be taken at times, to restore shattered honor or right a wrong. I understand this concept well; it's a feature of my own culture. Needless to say, I have no sympathy for Kateri. We live in a society without laws; Unagi was not bound by any authority not to take his vengeance. But in such societies, the informal law of the blood feud tends to hold sway, as is evidenced by your drive for revenge. But the problem with the law of the blood feud is that allies of the other party tend to get involved. It's a vicious cycle.

But hey, let the cycle begin. It's been far too boring around here.

Cassius Gaius Maximius
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:15 pm

Date: 02 Sep 2003 10:32:17 EDT

Ahahahahahahahahahaha.