Ensuing Twilight.

Read-only archive for the Duel of Swords
DoS Archive
Archivist

Ensuing Twilight.

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:43 pm

Date: 04 Oct 2003 03:51:29 EDT

A note on old, yellowed paper is tacked to the cork via a tiny dagger Upon this aged parchment are found words, words from one who has not been heard from in some time. Once this is looked at, you will see that it reads:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Friends,

It has been some five years since I had parted company with these hallowed halls. And it seemed that there was a reunion due. As I was more than aware that none would make attempts to contact my person, I have decided to take this moment to return to you, instead.

Now, having perused these messages and your battlegrounds in utter silence and cloaked from vision, I have become aware that of the three children from my previous.... engagement... of this place, only one appears to remain.

You know who you are. And you are also aware that all experimentation was left incomplete.

Time passes, and a person might be best to simply move on. To continue with the next set of chores and labors set upon us, and to forget what is unfinished.

As you will suspect from my return, I am not one who prefers to leave a project unattended.

One will expect the normal issuing of challenge, an "If you are brave, come face me in person to settle this!" sort of enticement. While entertaining a thought as it is, the one who remains should recall that I do not, nor would not, consent to roaming among you in person. Or, at least visible in any forms of the spectrum. And as I know some of these participants are a little.. slow, shall we say, I shall translate. If I deign to be among you, you shall not see me.

As I previously noted, Only one of my three pets remain here. My experiments are going to need a pair of "volunteers" to take the place of one Sidartha Elgarette, and Jola Fici. You'll forgive me if I do not have their correct spellings, as my old notes were somewhat damaged over the period of time passed. As to their replacements, I shall say that I have three or four worthy candidates.

I shall be looking forward to exposing my new "Toys" to you. I hope you will have as much enjoyment facing them as I had planning and creating them.

Wishing you all pleasant dreams, I remain,
Khan Jorah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DoS Archive
Archivist

Post by DoS Archive » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:44 pm

Date: 04 Oct 2003 04:15:08 EDT

Voice One: "More than five years have passed. How can we be sure that any of those old experiments were successful?"

Jorah: "The seeds were planted then, and now they will grow to full fruition. Everything is proceeding as predicted."

Voice Three: "Yes, yes, so you continue to say time and again. We invested a great deal in these experiments, and now you say that two are missing?"

Jorah: "I have no need to inform you of the accellerated processes which will make the loss of those two negligible. You've seen what it produces. We simply must choose adequate replacement subjects. This is no issue."

Voice Two: "If you say so. We placed a lot of our trust in you and your projects. We will expect definite results this time. Or else."

Jorah snorts derisively: "Or else what? You'll pull me off of something productive and place me into some pathetic laboratory to do genetic bonding as you did the last time? I'll remind you that it was not by my choice that the last project failed. It was you all. You were the ones who allowed my talents, skills, and abilities go to waste. Had I faced them personally, They would have all been captured, and the entire lot of their "friends" destroyed. Do not dare place blame on me, or the choices for subjects will turn to the masters. And the masters do not care who my experiments are performed on. So you just watch yourself. Or. Else."

Voice Two and Three: "........"

Voice One: "Your conditions are acceptable, Khan Jorah. We will make our report and then contact you for further instructions. Good day."

The holograms of the three speakers, represented by solid pentagons, disappear, leaving only a single octogon hologram behind.

Voice Four: "I do think you reacted harshly, Khan. Regardless of how you feel, we do currently need them."

Khan Jorah: "Then they will learn to speak to me as an equal, or I will destroy them as I will destroy all who oppose me. As I will finish destroying those from that cute little battlefield called an Arena."

Voice Four: "Yes, well, Just remember to leave at least one of them alive. For posterities sake, you know."

Khan Jorah: "You know I cannot guarantee how their systems will react. And besides, I am still somewhat bitter over the loss of Israfel. He was one of my better creations. The good news is that five years is a long time to create more improved 'Angels.' I am absolutely dying to know how they will react."

Voice Four: "As are we all, Jorah. As are we all. Good day."

Khan Jorah: "Good day to you, as well."

The final holographic image disappears, leaving Jorah alone in the darkness with his arms folded over his chest, his lips curled into an entertained yet annoyed smirk.

Khan Jorah: "Good day, indeed."